• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blinking Insect

A

Anonymous

I was staggering back to the barracks once after a heavy weekend in Melbourne when I came across what looked like a huge, green fly. It was at least as big as a mouse and was a sickly pea green colour.

The creepy and as it seemed at the time, vaguely obscene thing about it was that it could blink like a mammal. It was looking at me with a directed gaze and was blinking slowly every now and again.

I looked at it for a while and was overcome with nausea because it just seemed evil. I then turned on my heel and legged it.

Uh, dude, you sure it wasn't a lizard. You said you were a little tipsy. Lizards are green and they blink.

Could have been I suppose. I never thought of that. But it sure as heck looked like a giant fly. I'm sure it had wings and six spindly legs, but like you say, I was a bit ratted.

It was probably a cicada.

They get as big as a mouse and are mad colours and they look ust like flies. They are sprouting all over the mid west US at the mo, I'm sure they are in Oz too.

LD

Surely cicadas don't blink.

I like the lizard idea. What about a lizard with wings, eh?

Elisheva said:
Surely cicadas don't blink.

I like the lizard idea. What about a lizard with wings, eh?

Errr, wouldn't that be a dragon then?:eek!!!!:

My sister in Taipei once had a giant fly on her windowsill that wouldn't budge from being blown at nor with a hand fanning and waving it away. So with a pointing finger she slowly moved towards the fly, slowly, and as she leaned in to poke the fly, it merely swayed with her nudging, keeping its feet in place!

Back