• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Brian's Predictions (Website)

MrSnowman

Abominable Snowman
I found this website http://www.briansprediction.com/ whilst idly surfing away. He claims to have started to see things in his dreams that will come true, and he's sharing it for free with the world. It's very US-centric, but there are some interesting snippets nonetheless.. in fact, some of his predictions have come true in quite specific manners, so it might be worth checking out.. just in case... :shock:

This was quite a good one from 2/24/2005 :

"2) Ok, uh... crossing lines, over and over again, shown above. Several crosses and the word Die and Flu? Also a bush of fish like symbols. Catholic Religion ? The Pope? This is all I know..."

Ooer! :eek:

If you had been here 3 weeks ago, and used my numbers, you would be 150 million richer (if you used my numbers.

[his emphasis]

Well, rats! One inferred question does seem to go begging, however. I wasn't there three weeks ago, but Brian, prusambly you were...what have you decided to do with your wininngs? :D

Does anyone else notice that divination based on anything besides recieving mental images directly into one's brain seem passe these days? *Nobody* looks into crystals, mirrors, tea leaves, entrails, etc. anymore. Even cards I don't hear about being used too much of late. All these folks either dream or say the images just 'arrive' somehow. What's up with that?

lopaka said:
snip
Does anyone else notice that divination based on anything besides recieving mental images directly into one's brain seem passe these days? *Nobody* looks into crystals, mirrors, tea leaves, entrails, etc. anymore. Even cards I don't hear about being used too much of late. All these folks either dream or say the images just 'arrive' somehow. What's up with that?

It's the web--everybody is going virtual, what with Pay Pal and stuff!

But seriously (as seriously as I can manage), there is a lot of fad and fashion involved--think of the rapid decline of table-turning, OUIJA boards and the like. Magick Eight Balls are back though--and I have a book called the SpongeBob Oracle which is great fun.

I hope I can pick up one of those crystal balls dirt cheap at a suburban garage sale--the prices they charge for a glass ball is outrageous. It's actually not that much more expensive to make one of those things than to make a bottle or a ball-bearing--they're not even proper crystal glass, most of them, let alone rock crystal. The polishing is the main cost element and it can be done by machine in a trice.

WEll I read his site for fun. The other day i noticed he posted this:
A fire will destroy a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) restaurant killing several people.

Hmm... later on tonight I read this in the Daily Mirror:
6 KILLED AT KFC
By Mark Ellis
FOUR Kentucky Fried Chicken staff were burned alive and two others, hiding in a cold room, frozen to death when an anti-US mob attacked them.

A 1,000-strong crowd targeted the fast food joint in Karachi, Pakistan, in revenge for an al-Qaeda linked attack on a Shia mosque. Meanwhile, Pakistan said yesterday it will hand over al-Qaeda suspect Abu Faraj al-Libbi to the US.

That is despite him being suspected of leading two assassination bids on its President Pervez Musharraf.

source

Odd, no?
Ive tried to email that guy but he doesnt have an address on his site.

Hmm.. Brian seems to have predicted the recent earthquake in California, and now he's suggesting that there's going to be a super duper one on August the 15th. Does anyone live around there???.. Be ye warned...

Blimey! His prediction picture from the 17th was a helicopter crashing into water. Lo and behold, the very next day..
A helicopter has plunged into New York's East River in the second such crash in four days.

The chief executive of credit card company MBNA was among eight people on board the Sikorsky S-76 helicopter which crashed after take-off on Friday.

One of the pilots was in critical condition, but all the other seven were discharged from a local hospital.

Are helicopter crashes really so uncommon? Bet one crashes somewhere every few days.

Current prediction is for a bomb in a mosque - well, we've had enough of those over the last few months.

And yes, there's a lot of tectonic activity in the Pacific at the moment, I don't think anyone will be surprised if there's another one. Anyone willing to bet on August 15th should name their odds... :D

Interesting. The guy seems fairly honest and doesn't ask for money, so i'll keep an open mind. The problem is that without specific details you could put a lot of it down to coincidence.

Wembley said:
Are helicopter crashes really so uncommon? Bet one crashes somewhere every few days.

Current prediction is for a bomb in a mosque - well, we've had enough of those over the last few months.

And yes, there's a lot of tectonic activity in the Pacific at the moment, I don't think anyone will be surprised if there's another one. Anyone willing to bet on August 15th should name their odds... :D

Nah,, I've got five bucks on the 16'th tho.

Helicopter crashes are common! a friend of mine is an aviation insurance expert and will not (repeat WILL NOT) ever fly in one. I was just wondering when these news stories actually happen - the major news reports (in papers) will always be next day - but breaking news sites are quite current. So, if I wanted to freak a few people out, I could read a breaking report; then report it as a prediction. Lo and behold, all those who don't really read current affaires will think that I am psychic.

Moreover, those asking about divination etc...my party piece is that I tell people I am psychic but unfortunately these days it is hard to get entrails in order to divine....so, I break open a burger (preferably McD's) with the suggestion that this is as close to entrails as we are likely to get :twisted:

Can someone post any of Brian's predictions for the next couple of months...let's do a check shall we?

Here are a couple of recent ones

June 23:
A very large wild fire will destroy over 100 homes next to Las Angeles, CA USA. The fire will be started by someone throwing a cigarette out the window while driving down a road.
June 22:
Some guy named Ian will kill himself after committing a murder, this takes place in The United Kingdom, but I do not know where.
June 21:
There will be a nuclear power plant accident in Russia, not sure when yet, but will happen very soon.

I'm wondering if the hit rate is anything outside normal considering the number of predictions made...

Right! summer in LA...hmmm....are fires likely? yup - so no biggie there. Lets see, someone called Ian killing someone then himself. Well the MO isn't unusual, I wonder if he'll call a hit even if the name is incorrect (further, I believe Ian is quite a common name and can be linked to john, ivan, johan etc - lets see if he can get a last name). The nuclear accident in Russia is interesting - I know their reactors are prone to problems and that we (the world) have not experienced any 'reported' disasters since Chenyobl, so he could be playing the numbers game I suppose - an area in Russia would be helpful wouldn't it?; after all Russia eh? it does cover an awful lot of landmass ;)

Well, he did say that there would be a person attacked by a shark at the Jersey Shore and that did happen a few weeks ago.....

Do Shark attacks happen there? And how much earlier did he predict the shark attack. It sounds like he is playing with peoples' availability heuristics. For example, a few years ago, some people made a killing on the bookies by betting on holes in one in gold tornaments. The bookies and many people thought these events to be very rare - however, these chaps did some stats and played the numbers game...holes in one weren't that rare and so consequently cleared up! However, this loophole has now been uncovered...boo :cry:

He predicted the KFC fire on 31 May - the day on which the incident was reported (source). He predicted "something to do with mad cows" on the 11th June - the day on which the incident was reported (source). He predicted the crashed helicopter on June 17th(source). - (you've guessed it) the day on which the incident was (originally) reported.

Some people might call it prediction - unless there is any proof forthcoming of the exact times these predictions are being posted and that these are before the stories are breaking in the Media then I call it watching the News.

I think he scores some hits because of a scattergun approach.

And unless he's being intentinally misleading, I wonder if he's got a radio alarm clock or sleeps with radio on. When my radio alarm's failed to wake me I've sometimes had news items incorporated into my dreams.

At the the next news bulletin, I get the weird sensation that I've actually dreamed the item before it happened.

Okay - I've heard the evidence...and I'm going to go out on a limb. Brian is as fake as Derek Fake-Aura on Most Haunted. However, good solid and specific pre-event evidence may make me review my stance (how Fortean!) - though I'm going to need to see three predictions (come true) following this criteria.

I don't think he's actually predicting anything, but I can't decide whether the site is as naive as it looks, or whether there's something else going on.

It's about 7.30pm - I predict that Andrew Murray will lose his third round match at Wimbledon today - whoooooooo spooky

Hurrah - I've been proved right. Wow, I must be psychic - d'ya reckon I can get on to 'Most Contorted' as their new medium? :twisted:

Erm....there's nothing psychic about predicting that the next "Great British Tennis Hope" will get knocked out of Wombledon after severe over-hyping by the press. It's a bit like predicting that it's going to get light tomorrow morning.

You nearly got my point. I was watching the match towards the end of the fifth set...it was apparant that young laddie was all spent. Thus, I made my prediction...It was nothing psychic (nor any claim serious), I was just playing with the information I received. It was just a naughty example of what Brian appears to do. :D

I don't doubt that Brian does that, but what I was trying to say is that I still can't make out whether he realises that's what he's doing or is is just highly credulous and self-deluding.

Ah! good point. Okay, I suppose it depends on whether or not he has a following, wants a following, and wants to/is making money or notoriety from this.
If he genuinely believes, then I would suggest that he is processing what he hears and reads and making obvious extrapolations without realising it - this would be indicative of some form of cognitive impairment. However, I suspect he knows what he is doing. Of course, he could be doing it for a wind up or college project ;)

It might become clearer as time goes on and if he starts to acquire "disciples" of the Michael Horn type.... :shock:

If you read at the bottom of the page he says:

brian said:
Donations accepted - all people who donate to my cause will receive free daily predictions for life, no matter how large this website gets. Please click on the button below to make a donation of any size, and I will never forget any supporter of mine :)

It sounds to me like he is doing it for fame, and trying to get a large community of brain believers. So that statement to me says he knows he is going to have these predicitons for the rest of his life, and that they are not going to suddenly stop.

At the beginning of the page he says
Brian said:
Hello, my name is Brian Ladd and ever since I began practicing quieting my mind about a year ago, I started to have vivid dreams about the future. And to my surprise, many times what I dreamed about, actually came true. So true, it was like I was writing a movie script of the future every night! This is not a joke, and as you will see with my past predictions, they really do come true, and honestly I have no reason why this is.

Contradicting himself, he says "I got these dreams after quieting my mind" but he then says "Honestly I have no reason why this is"

He might of course be totally genuine and might just be little naive in the way he presents himself.

Back