• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Brighton UFO filmed?

A

Anonymous

Has anybody else seen this? (email sent in to Fortean Towers)

---------
You may have seen it already, but there was some pretty detailed footage of a cylindrical shaped craft caught on a routine police helicopter flight over Brighton beach. It was broadcast at 10:30 as an incidental part of the Crimefighters series on ITV while police were investigating some bonfires on the beach! Didn't catch it on tape but well worth a look.
Nick
-------

brighton ufo

When was this UFO spotted, is there any footage or any photographs of it ,if so where?
( I live in Brighton so I was curious):D

ufo footy

i have this footage. i recorded it when they showed it on a spanish news show called occurio asi. they show some people in a helicopter (possible tourists or something) then they start getting all crazy and start pointing outside. the camera looks and we see a genuine UFO. it is next to some building then it moves to the right at an incrdibly high speed then it freakin' rushes the copter!!!. it goes straight toward it so freakin' fast then at the last minute (or the last miilionth of a second!!) it pushes itself upward. the camera sees a smoke trail and u cane barealy see it taking off with the smoke (or exhaust) behind it. pretty cool stuff. keep in mind that this was all in the day time.
zero

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

WHERE CAN THIS FOOTAGE BE OBTAINED FROM?

Yeah, are you crazy man or sumthin? :)

My apologies, I just read the other post. I'd like 2 know a bit more about this, my family and I saw a silver cigar-shaped object in broad daylight at Devil's Dyke near Brighton in 1976, it took off like a rocket from a stationary position and vanished. Other people there witnessed it too. It got me interested in the whole thing, so let us know if u find any ting bro'
Cheerz

All things Brighton-weird

There seem to suddenly be a lot of UFO sightings in and around Brighton coming out of the woodwork.

anybody knows something they are not saying?

Also over the years Brighton appears to have been a testing ground for several government run "projects" including the monitoring of calls and testing of bugging equipment.

anybody?:confused:

This is getting interesting!

Donkameleon, keep talking....

The PooR man

You have to help the poor man.....

He wants to know where to get the footage...!

THE FOOTAGE.............

TV commercial

That footage you are talking about is a television commercial for the Sci-Fi channel. If you go onto their site, they have three of them. One is of the UFO, one is of ladybugs swarming and making geometric symbols with their bodies, and one is of some guy getting electrocuted playing frisbee.

Re: ufo footy

ZERO said:
they show some people in a helicopter (possible tourists or something) then they start getting all crazy and start pointing outside. the camera looks and we see a genuine UFO. it is next to some building then it moves to the right at an incrdibly high speed then it freakin' rushes the copter!!!

I have that .mov file on my comp, it shows some tourists in a helicopter filming the WTC and a UFO comes from out behind one of the towers, I'm afraid it's just a commercial though as previously stated.............

This thread is getting weird!

The first post clearly stated the source and location of this 'ufo' footage, and yet we now have other people authoritatively claiming it to be a TV ad set in New York!

No doubt there are commercials involving ufos and helicopters, but to claim they are the original of a police video shot in Brighton UK seems to be a step too far for even the most hardened skeptic (or perhaps not...)

Well I wasn't trying to go off topic, just trying to explain to the one fellow that what he saw was a commercial, as for the Brighton sighting I have no idea..............

brighton ufo

i saw this ufo on brighton beach at about 430am it had three big lights in a row it made no noise at all. all i andcould do was stare at it . if there is sum film footage of this craft i wud luv 2 see it. and i wud like 2 speak 2 any1 who saw it aswell

speak 2 u soon
trip!

rynner said:
This thread is getting weird!

The first post clearly stated the source and location of this 'ufo' footage, and yet we now have other people authoritatively claiming it to be a TV ad set in New York!

Might the apparent confusion here be that there is a Brighton Beach in Brooklyn in the US and a beach or two at Brighton in the UK? Do we have crossed lines?

the weird thread

im really sorry guys but i guess i did mistake the american brighton for the british 1 but the ufo that i saw with 2 of my friends was real i got my wires cross coz im trying to find more people that had seen the same thing that early morning so im sorry if i freaked any 1 out but i bet im more freaked out than u.
so if any of u no any more threads about brighton ufos i wud be pleased 2 speak with you.

lots of luv trip!

they live
they need music!

BBC South News UFO footage 02/09/02

Did anyone catch the BBC South news yesterday (2/9/02) ? I saw it at 10:30pm and they had some "UFO" footage from 2 years ago taken from a police helicopter over Brighton showing a cigar-type object (vertical) flying across the sky. It seemed there was flame coming from the bottom of it but there was nothing around it with which to judge its size, but it did seem to be moving at some speed... it didn't appear to be a hot air balloon as it appeared too thin and there was definately no basket, they even had thermal camera footage of it!....

Yes - managed to catch this footage at the end of of the 6:30 local news. Not that I.....ahem......usually watch such things.

It was quite interesting - no idea what it was - the TV suggested the balloon thing (as you mentioned above) and an astray Chinese Lantern. Not convinced.

Anyway, when it was "back to the studio" the presenters then had one of their ever so natural "chats" and decided that it "wasn't a UFO." Much to my wife's disgust, I then started shouting "of course it was, it wasn't identified, it is a UFO....etc.etc." Oh, what it is to be a pedant.

Bilderberger said:
Anyway, when it was "back to the studio" the presenters then had one of their ever so natural "chats" and decided that it "wasn't a UFO." Much to my wife's disgust, I then started shouting "of course it was, it wasn't identified, it is a UFO....etc.etc." Oh, what it is to be a pedant.

Thank god that wasn't just me then:D

I'm the same. I used to consider complaining about such stupidity but I was always concerned that I'd end up on points of view with some prat doing a patronising voiceover and I'd just be another "Dear BBC, Why oh why oh why....?" type of irritating pedant :D

i think the 'chinese lantern' explanation was pathetic! how on earth could a loose chinese lantern stay upright whilst flying through the air at speed?! Glad to know my brother and myself weren't the only ones shoutin at the telly, though!!

I've just watched this footage from the link in the Breaking news section. I also read the comments sent in by members of the public below the article and I'm puzzled. The majority of these comments stated it was a balloon. To me it looked like the object was travelling at speed. How, hot air or otherwise, could a balloon travel at such speeds?

Is this the footage taped by the police helicopter
near Beachyhead? Would experienced police officers
chase a balloon that my get swept up and caught
and/or tangled in their propellors?

TVgeek

I'm 100% with TVG and ron, a) It looked like it was hovering stationary, and then moved at high speed (what's the top speed of a 'copter - 140mph?) and b) The coppers aren't dumb, they know what's a hot air baloon and what isn't,

Very curious indeed - I like it :)

Bump! Two non-overlapping threads merged. (Found while I was looking for something else...:rolleyes: )

PS: Just squished in a third one!

The thread I was looking for described 'light circles' seen in Brighton, IIRC. This article describes much the same thing , and they appear to be becoming more frequent...

(If anyone recalls the thread I was thinking of, PM me the URL and I'll shift this post.)

UFO's over London! ITV Friday night.

Just saw the end of this show which had some amazing footage. It was a police helicopter at night and they showed it in ultra-violet or something and you clearly see a tube shaped object fly past really quickly.

My initial thjought was that it was atube shaped hot air balloon and it was the helicopter moving past it that made it look like it was travelling at speed.

Anyone see it?

I didn't see this programme but I think I've seen the footage you mention, only it was over Brighton. The footage was taken by a police helicopter and showed a cyclindrical shaped object that seemed to be moving at high speed. The footage was followed by a series of interviews with various professionals that suggested it was nothing more than a hot air balloon or chinese lantern but the police helicopter crew were adamant it was no balloon and was moving at high speed.

I found a few links of the story and the footage that you can download. Is it the same?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/have_your_say/news/ufo.shtml

http://www.thisisbrighton.co.uk/brighton__hove/archive/2002/09/03/NEWS130ZM.html

Back