• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Bug Chasers': Dark Side of Gay Culture

A

Anonymous

"Bug Chasers"

a friend showed me this site.

http://disc.server.com/Indices/119045.html

BarebackOver50 is about MATURE (18+) gay males having high risk, raw, condomless anal sex. They know their flirting with HIV, AIDS, the VIRUS, the BUG, a variety of other STD's -- that they may possibly acquiring an incurable disease along with all its opportunistic infections, which may result in DEATH. And they welcome the CHALLENGE.

this is f**ked up beyond belief.

That a hoax? Yeah, fucked up. I wouldn't call it the dark side of gay culture... I'd call it a bunch of really strange, stupid people.

Kinda sounds like a joke. NEG TO POS CONVERSION STORIS? Oh my heart is racing.

It's like those episodes about people wanting to become vampires on Buffy. :confused:

If the population pool's big enough, there's bound to be somebody! :eek:

I've heard of this before and it's not a joke sadly.

there are many gay men who believe AIDS don't exist. because homosexuals were shunned and/or left to die alone of AIDS in the 80's, there is probably a feeling of alienated nihlism in some circles that make them retaliate in "suicide sex".

synthwerk said:
there are many gay men who believe AIDS don't exist. because homosexuals were shunned and/or left to die alone of AIDS in the 80's, there is probably a feeling of alienated nihlism in some circles that make them retaliate in "suicide sex".

Not much of a retaliation, is it?

i figure the light side is shopping, wonderful relationships, partying and stuff...

what should i have called it? everything i've experianced has been on the light side.

Researching unprotected sex? Statistically, I think gay
bug-chasers are a tiny, though alarming, phenomenon. The traffic
registered by web-sites of this kind is driven, I hope, mainly
by fantasy and morbid curiosity.

I have never met a gay bug-chaser but I have heard about them
through the media and online. I have, however, met plenty of straight young
men who laugh at the very idea of using a condom and take no
responsibility for their promiscuous sexual behaiviour, regarding
STDs as quite routine. Unsurprisingly, such attitudes can be found
among young gay men too, especially in a generation which has not
seen any concerted campaign of HIV education.

BTW I don't think there are any sexual practices which are exclusively
gay. There was a reference recently on this site to fisting as a
common gay practice. Neither adjective appears to be true. :(

yes, i dig. i didn't mean it as a gay bashing thread. i'm the total opposite of that mentality.

Yes, but I see dozens of people every day "welcoming the challenge" of taking the lethal drug tobacco, by burning it and taking the smoke into their lungs. Cancer and other diseases are the inevitable result for some, but they still do it. Others take alcohol or other drugs.
Surely the crux of this matter is that it's not about sex, or drugs, or whatever, but it's about people choosing of their own free will to risk their life. I don't claim to know the answer. A lot of people just don't seem to value their own life.
I guess if you went the whole hog prevention-wise you'd have to ban mountaineering and hang-gliding and scuba diving and probably cars and motorbikes as well. Where do you draw the line? It's a tricky one.

Bill Robinson

Heard someone say the other day that all the world's fetishes not represented on the internet can now safely fit on one post-it note.

synthwerk said:
the internet is basically a buffet of closeted debauchery.

And that's why we love it.

Personal favorate fetish (not shared by myself of corse)? Sneezing fetish.

Anyway, to get back on thread:

I've never came across a 'bug chaser' and hope I never do.

I have however came across university educated hetrosexuals who refuse to use condoms.

the parents in this town refuse to talk to there children about sex on any level. so now, when they daughter wants to get all wild and loose and is cohersed into a sexual situation, she will more than likely become pregnant or infected with something just because their parents are too godfearing. i know several girls who got pregnant at 14...they all came from heavily religious families.

synthwerk said:
the parents in this town refuse to talk to there children about sex on any level. so now, when they daughter wants to get all wild and loose and is cohersed into a sexual situation, she will more than likely become pregnant or infected with something just because their parents are too godfearing. i know several girls who got pregnant at 14...they all came from heavily religious families.

It's a problam anywhere there are parents to ashamed to talk to their kids or too high on religion to consider it a fit topic for conversation.

As a result kids both male and female go out into the world unprepared for the adult world.

and then they blame it on rock n roll.

it's not the 50's anymore. hehe

Back