• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bulgarian UFO Video

Oooooooo - I'd like to know the provenance of that one.

It does look like a silvery balloon like one of those RC ones you can get but the end.....

It could pos. have been done in post production on a cheap video editting suite but.....

It appears to be the one featured on this CD:

2003 Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria, unbelievable; perfect disc rotates, clear skies

http://ufocasebook.com/100cd.html

Tell us more.

OK I had the ultimate critics here (2 12 year olds), there consensus was

"Oh come off it someones animated that and stuck it in"

LOL, precocious brats.

Yes, looks like another bit of completely staged CGI stuff. So nice of the cameraperson to zoom out just in time for the 'UFO' to zip away... ;)

I can see several indentions on the side of the craft that would be consistant with an inflatable balloon.

He does zoom out at just the wrong (or right) moment, when the craft zooms of at speed beyond our comprehension.

Would like to know if anyone else managed to film it aswell.

It's also broadly similar in style to a video that was taken from a helicopter a few years ago.

Hmmm.

My thinking is that it is not a balloon/airship. They don't have spinning sides like that, or move off a such high speeds. My guess is CGI as others have stated. If something like that was in the sky, others would have seen it, and filmed it.

Would be interesting to see if anyone else not connected with the videographer did actually film it too.

ok what are you guys playing this with? It wont go in windows media player. I've tried just about every codec on earth.

Human_84 said:
ok what are you guys playing this with? It wont go in windows media player. I've tried just about every codec on earth.

It does make WinAmp crash but it worked fine in Windows Media Player.

Bulgarian UFO film

'This video has been causing controversy and interest. Apparently it was released in Italy in August 2005 although allegedly it was filmed in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria in May 2005.'

Source

Film is here.

Looks too good to be true so it no doubt is.... :D

Convenient how the camera pans back just in time for the UFO (impressive though it is) to zoom away as if tugged by an invisible string. ;)

I think this clip was discussed somewhere else here...

Can't get that clip to run on the other thread but I suspect it's the same from the description.

Brings back memories of a sighting I had years back. Although I was not able to witness it shoot off like that, it simply went out of view. But that film really brings back my memories, thats for sure. Quite familiar.

Mr_Eamcat2 said:
Convenient how the camera pans back just in time for the UFO (impressive though it is) to zoom away as if tugged by an invisible string. ;)

i reckon one of the hardest jobs in the universe must be doing PR for aliens. You lot are so hard to please. the picture is either too grainy or too good to be true. let's give the batsman the benefit of the doubt here :D

incidentally, mr eamcat2, that picture of a cat wiggling its clackervalve comes at a pretty bad time for me as my cat's in heat right now and in addition to making endless noise all day and all bloody night, it also keeps jiggling its nipsy about. we took it to the vet hoping he'd give it a special cat dildo but no such luck. outrageous!

anyway, i reckon the footage looks ok. the disinfo site seems a bit scant on (dis)info about the person who took the footage. does anyone know anything about the original source?

I really like this video. Its so similar to my own sighting. The object seems to drift around in a general vicinity, not stay in one exact place. UFO videos such as this are the ones I personally consider to be legit.

Hmm. It certainly seems interesting. What gets me is that there doesn't seem to be anyone else with the cameraman. I don't hear any excited voices on the sound of the footage. You'd have thought that the cameraman would have attracted others to his sighting, I know I would!

If it's real, then I can understand that he didn't want to miss filming all of what he was seeing, but he could have shouted out to someone in his home, or even a neighbour.

Or maybe he was too dumbstruck to even think about anything else but the UFO.

When I had my sighting back in October 1984, I made sure that my friends saw what I was looking at, and I even asked a passerby if he was seeing what I was seeing, and although my family didn't believe me, they did the next day when a UFO was reported in the local newspaper. There were 14 witnesses to that sighting, so with this sighting, you should have heard people talking in the background.

I wonder how easy it is to fake something of that quality nowadays? It does look like a clever animation.

It's not hard at all, if you have the time and the software.

Jerry_B said:
It's not hard at all, if you have the time and the software.

That's probably why UFO videos are never taken seriously now. Or even less seriously, perhaps I should say.

Well IMHO this one in particular is a prime example from the CGI stable for UFO fakes ;) Looks nice tho' :D

Jerry_B said:
Well IMHO this one in particular is a prime example from the CGI stable for UFO fakes ;) Looks nice tho' :D

If it were an absolutely legitimate video (we dont know if this one is or not), wouldn't you say the same thing?

Only if I had the luxury of actually being shown an 'absolutely legitimate' piece of footage (of which IMHO this particular video is not) ;)

Human_84 said:
Jerry_B said:

If it were an absolutely legitimate video (we dont know if this one is or not), wouldn't you say the same thing?

my earlier point exactly! it's always too grainy or too clear.

fair play for trying to be discerning, but you can't have your cake and eat it.

anyway, what do people reckon on this? probably discussed before and not exactly conclusive but when i saw on telly on a full screen i remember it being quite impressive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/videonation/articl ... _ufo.shtml

what about the girls' reactions?

Might be a balloon? Or the effect on zooming in on plane lights with a camcorder making the lights look saucer shaped?

The girls certainly seemed convinced, anyway, so I doubt it's a deliberate hoax.

Back