• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bush Pretzeled

A

Anonymous

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1758000/1758848.stm

Everyone's entitled to find time to relax, to 'kick back' - as they say in the USA - with a game on the tv, a bag of pretzels, maybe a beer or two.
But when it's the President of the United States who is at the centre of that image - feet up, and snacking away by himself - I feel just-that-little-bit-less-safe. Is a guy who is KO'd by a simple pastry snack really the right one for the job?

Hmmmm... you know when battered wives say they "walked into a door"...

...My theory is that Dubya's been beaten up by someone, and they're blaming it on a pretzel. I suspect a mafia protection racket, a la Monty Python, walking into the Oval Office and causing a rumpus.

It used to be said of President Gerald Ford, after he tumbled down some steps, that he couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. Now it seems that Dubya can't eat pretzels and watch TV at the same time.

PS: What are pretzels?

Al-Qaeda have denied any responsibility.

I'm sceptical though, that's one heck of a bruise on Dubya's face. Usually a few beers are involved when it comes to watching football and passing out. Either that or Laura B caught him with an intern. Alternatively, it's so stupid it just has to be true.

The offending pretzel is currently on its way to Guantanamo Bay.

Dark Detective said:
The offending pretzel is currently on its way to Guantanamo Bay.

Where it will be charged for 'a-salting' the President............:D

Football on TV, salty snacks - what's missing?
Ah, yes, a sixpack!

Oh no, 'cos GW doesn't drink any more, does he?

Or does he?

Yet another deep-throat encounter that nearly brought down a President...

Perhaps they should rename the Oval Office the Oral Office?

:eek:

Prez & Pretzel

Of course, he wasn't entirely alone. Spotty and Barney were with him, standing over him as he awoke. You can find out more about this shadowy duo here and here.

I suspect a plot. It's in their eyes. You can see it. :eek:

First for the conspiracy buffs. when I first heard the report on BBC News 24 this morning there was no mention of a preztel. The report said something like - *the president suffered a drop in blood pressure whilst watching TV which caused him to faint and fall off the sofa*.

10 minutes later the amended report came through.

hmm. I will admit that rynner's recollection Shrubs previous history seems aposite.

Second, that Whitehouse kids site is quite the most nauseating thing I have seen in a long time. And that cow .... it makes me want steak.

So does this mean that Dubya's on a strictly liquid, diet for the rest of his term in office?:eek!!!!:

With the double speak that is put out by the government here, we are expected to believe that this happened to Prez. Bush because his health is so excellent, as in,
"Well the President is soooo healthy that he has this extremely low heart rate, which is good for his age, and that is what allowed this to happen. That and a pretzel."

Yeah, right, a pretzel. A big effing karmic pretzel.

You KNOW that I just HAVE to believe in some group of ragged Arab magicians, chanting and spinning around some devilish effigy of the man. Invoking strange Gods and even stranger dooms!

I wonder what brand of pretzel it was? "Salty Akbar's Pretzel Nuggets" maybe, or perhaps "O-Snaka bin Laden with Flavor Treats".

I thought this story was a joke when I initially saw it on the news. I do hope he's ok though, and that this isn't a sign of worse problems. I have nothing personal against the man, except his horrible politics,[and we should ALL be allowed our rights to make fools of ourselves in public,] so I hope this is just a freak accident!

dubya

sure it wasn't a PEANUT pretzel? Maybe Laura had the pen handy?

I've broken teeth chewing Pretzels.

Yeah I think Dubya is a big enough klutz to choke on a pretzel and black out. That bruise looks like a carpet graze...

Niles "Tooth Ache" Calder

Every US president elected in a year ending in zero has either wound up dying in office, or in Reagan's case having an attempt made on his life. Perhaps this was Bush's brush with death. :eek!!!!:

Back