• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Buying back issues

DieDieMyDarling

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I recently decided to try get some (or a lot) of the back issues of FT, from before i subscribed, just to have in my collection. I remembered from older issues that the back issues were sold on a price curve, ie. the more you buy, the cheaper you get them, with 12 issues costing 31.50, but in newer magazines the only offers by way of back issues, was the 2003-2004 CD Roms.
I emailed the subs address, to ask if the back issues were still available in actual magazine form, and also to ask how the pricing would work, if i was buying more than 12 issues, ie. did i have to pay £3.50 per issue after the 12 issues special deal, or if i would get a special deal for buying even more than 12.

I was told the magazines were still available, and that i'd end up paying £2 per issue if i bought more than 12, which i thought was great, so made a list of the magazines i needed, using the archive within the FT website to get the numbers.

When i phoned to place my order, i went through my list, to find out which ones were available, i think there were about 18, i was told they would cost £3.50 each. Regardless of how many i purchased.

Has anyone else bought back issues recently? Did you pay the full £3.50 per issue, even if you were buying multiple issues?

I was planning on buying quite a few issues, as i only started reading FT in about 2001, and was going to buy them in stages, starting with 1996/7, and working my way forward. Although the magazine is well worth £3.50, i do hate paying over the odds for something, considering the back issues used to work out so much cheaper, when advertised in the magazine itself.

Any info greatly appreciated!

DieDieMyDarling said:
I recently decided to try get some (or a lot) of the back issues of FT, from before i subscribed, just to have in my collection. I remembered from older issues that the back issues were sold on a price curve, ie. the more you buy, the cheaper you get them, with 12 issues costing 31.50, but in newer magazines the only offers by way of back issues, was the 2003-2004 CD Roms.
I emailed the subs address, to ask if the back issues were still available in actual magazine form, and also to ask how the pricing would work, if i was buying more than 12 issues, ie. did i have to pay £3.50 per issue after the 12 issues special deal, or if i would get a special deal for buying even more than 12.

I was told the magazines were still available, and that i'd end up paying £2 per issue if i bought more than 12, which i thought was great, so made a list of the magazines i needed, using the archive within the FT website to get the numbers.

When i phoned to place my order, i went through my list, to find out which ones were available, i think there were about 18, i was told they would cost £3.50 each. Regardless of how many i purchased.

Has anyone else bought back issues recently? Did you pay the full £3.50 per issue, even if you were buying multiple issues?

I was planning on buying quite a few issues, as i only started reading FT in about 2001, and was going to buy them in stages, starting with 1996/7, and working my way forward. Although the magazine is well worth £3.50, i do hate paying over the odds for something, considering the back issues used to work out so much cheaper, when advertised in the magazine itself.

Any info greatly appreciated!

I passed this on to Laura Scarbrough, who is Dennis's liaison person with the CISubs store house, and she responded:

"I've just spoken to CI and there is a 12 issue price of £31.50 on their system, anything over 6 issues gives you a multiple discount. I've asked that they re-brief the sales teams to make sure they know how to access the multiple price - if the guy wants to try again?"

Any problems, please e-mail [email protected] or [email protected].
(that's an underscore [_] between first and last names).

Thank you VERY much!! I shall be onto them as soon as possible, i best fake my own death, what with the 3 shaun hutson books i've just bought, and now countless FT issues for me to read, i'll be no good to anyone for quite a while. :D

Back