• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

CDs & Mayonnaise

Mr_Nemo said:
A certain games shop can repair/polish game CDs/DVDs for a £1 a disc.

a certain CD/DVD retailer (*cough* that i definitely don't work for) will do it cheaper!

gas through a tube/milk

Wasn't it Dylan thomas who wrote about people getting stoned by bubbling town gas through milk and sniffing it. Or maybe I dreamt it.[/quote]

I think you might be thinking of John Christie the norotorious serial killer,he invited victims back to his flat with the promise that he had concocted a "special mixture" that could cure her bronchitis. Ask to inhale the mixture from a jar with a tube inserted in the top, plugged into the domestic gas supply.

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I put this here to help anyone passing by. In general, no matter movie DVD or game DVD, DVD discs are pretty durable, but sometimes they will inevitably be scratched because of improper preservation. Besides, it can be worn in varying degrees because of frequent use. How to repair scratched DVD as well as make your discs reborn?

1.Rip Scratched DVD

Download a program to help you.(http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/how-to-fix-a-scratched-dvd.html) Click "DVD Disc" to load, read and analyze the whole DVD files.Specify your output folder and hit Run button to start to copy DVD.

2.Using a microfiber cloth, rub the alcohol solution onto the DVD. Do not wipe in circles.

3.You can polish the scratched DVD with vaseline, Windex, peanut oil or baking soda toothpaste to smooth the surface.

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I put this here to help anyone passing by. In general, no matter movie DVD or game DVD, DVD discs are pretty durable, but sometimes they will inevitably be scratched because of improper preservation. Besides, it can be worn in varying degrees because of frequent use. How to repair scratched DVD as well as make your discs reborn?

1.Rip Scratched DVD

Download a program to help you.(http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/how-to-fix-a-scratched-dvd.html) Click "DVD Disc" to load, read and analyze the whole DVD files.Specify your output folder and hit Run button to start to copy DVD.

2.Using a microfiber cloth, rub the alcohol solution onto the DVD. Do not wipe in circles.

3.You can polish the scratched DVD with vaseline, Windex, peanut oil or baking soda toothpaste to smooth the surface.

I have a little gadget for rescuing scratched discs - not unlike this. It has been known to actually work and uses a slightly abrasive pad and a special liquid. The chemical solution ran out and I've lost the bottle so can check what was in it... isopropyl alcohol? Carbon tetrachloride?

Anyway, these kits can be had from several retailers and if you're lucky, may just save the day.

Back