• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cell-Phone Emissions Make Fat Worms!

minordrag

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
From "The Week" Feb. 15-21:

"Cell-phone emissions make worms fat and fertile

Cell-phone emissions make worms bigger and more fertile, say British scientists. Why this happens is still a mystery, but the findings challenge the widely held belief that mobile-phone signals have no effect on living creatures. "These results are very important and potentially far-reaching," William Stewart, head of the British government's "independent expert group" on mobile phones, tells New Scientist. Worms exposed to microwaves were 10 percent larger than worms not exposed to radiation. Until now, regulations created to protect people from microwave radiation from ovens, phones, and radar systems were based solely on avoiding heat from the radiation. But the worms' increased fertility could not be caused by heat, which would actually cause the worms to become infertile. More research is needed to determine how emissions cause changes without warming the tissue."

Wow. And cell-phones supposedly destroy ghosts as well. Fat, horny worms and no more spooks? No thanks!

I never knew that worms used cellphones.

There again, some of the 'users' that I see on the bus.....

I'm going to put my microwave on the compost heap, fatten up those worms. :)

I'm gonna keep my cellphone in me trouser pocket from now on! :D

Fat and fertile! Yesereeee!

Back