• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Children & Forteana

minordrag

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I just posted a story over in General Forteana about my daughter telling me of an injury before it happened. There have been several other Fortean events in my young children's lives.

Once, I went to pick up my wife over at the massage therapist's, and took our young daughter. As we came into the room, Evelyn ran over to the corner, pointing and saying "who's that? who's that?" Well, she was in front of a bookcase! There was a picture on it, and I inquired if she was asking about somebody in the picture. She looked at me like I was an idiot, continued pointing and asked "who's that?"

The next time my wife had an appointment, the therapist told her that her spirit guide had been in the room that day, in that very spot.

I also remember holding my newborn son on my chest when we first had him home. As we lay there, I felt an enormous amount of energy come out of his body and into mine, spreading out like ripples in a pool. It tingled, and is what I've come to know as "chi" energy. It was most intense. After he fell asleep, I went into the living room and told my wife that he and I had "had a moment."

Any other Fortean parents with Fortean baby stories to tell? Anybody remember Fortean events from childhood? Anybody think I'm casting a wide net to increase postings on my thread? ;)

I saw the ghost in my parents house when I was about two. I never saw her again. However, about 5 years later, my two cousins, who at that time were three or four, came over to stay. We had mentioned nothing to them about this ghost. My youngest cousin pointed to the top of the stairs and asked who the lady was. There was no-one there. However that was the spot where I had seen the ghost many years earlier. She has never been seen by anyone over 5.

I've posted this before somewhere:

Many years ago we went on a first ever visit to Harwich. As we walked around, my daughter, then aged 4 or 5 said "I remember this - there's a castle here..."

Now there is no castle in Harwich, but we were a bit spooked when we turned the next corner and found ourselves in Castle Street!

I used to have conversations with my dead great-gran who'd visit me during the night, and OOBEs. Apart from that, nothing of note :?

As a nipper I used to see a man in what I now know to be victorian style clothes. He would always be stood by the door in my bedroom scaring the holy hell out of me. This stopped when I got to about 5 years old.

My daughter (9 months old) looks at the floor in front of the telly and laughs at nothing. This is where our dog used to lie before he died, two months before our daughter was born. mmmmm.........

It seems to me that very young children are not bound by the same physical laws that we adults are.

I think the "exchange of energy" I felt with my infant son (posted above) was a result of his not having a concept of being a discreet, physical entity. Why should he? He'd just spent his whole life inside his mother!

Time also seems elastic with kids, as well as the boundaries between this world and the other(s).

It suggests that these kinds of deliniations are learned, and it seems the rules don't apply if you don't know them! I can walk off a cliff, not know it, and still fall to a cartoon death. But the little ones might just continue walking on air, 'cos nobody told them they couldn't.

My brother and I have 16 years in between us with no siblings in between. By the time my brother was two he was still not speaking is sentences. My parent took him to the doctor and they said he was fine ant that it was not uncommon with kids who have “lots of parents “ in one house to be language delayed. They said that this was due to us all speaking for him that he never really had to speak for himself they said give him a few more months…

About a week latter while were all in the living room my brother who had never spoken a complete sentence says:

“I have something to tell you my name is not Daniel. I am not a boy am Geranimo. I was a really big cloud for a very long time. I decided that I wanted to be a boy again. So I came here.”

We all sat there a moment drying to take in the enormity of what my brother had said. First of all my brother had never formed a complete sentence let alone a “story” and the nature of what he was saying was just all so surreal. My family is full of all kinds of “odd phenomena” so it was unsurprising that after it all sunk in that my dad’s response to my brother was:

“Thank you for choosing us Viejo”.

My brother looked at my dad and said:

“You’re welcome”.
(Viejo was by brothers nickname from birth because from the day that he born he seemed to have the expressions of an old man)

When our eldest was a toddler - over 12 months yet under 18 months - we would put him in his cot each night and after a short while would hear him giggling and chattering to someone. When we would go to check on him, he would be standing up in the end of the cot with his arms raised as if someone was going to lift him out of it. He wasn't expecting us to do it as he always had his back turned to the doorway.

Our middle son once told us that he had been here before! When he was around 4 years old, he explained he didnt want the new food I was offering as he had tried it before and didnt like it. I told him that i had never given him this particular food before and his reply was 'no, mummy, not you but my other mummy did before you was my mummy'. Apparently he had had a sister, Grandma ( female grandparents this time round were all nana's), Grandpa ( he had no granddads as both had already passed one before his birth and the 2nd when he was 18 months old), daddy and a younger brother. Daddy and all the children had 'very' red hair and they lived in a house with a black door with grandma and grandpa and their dog which was white with black and brown patches that was only little. He quite freely told us daddy had died in a car accident and his sister, brother and grandpa had died in a house fire. By the time he had reached about 6/7 years he stopped talking about this other family of his and now has no memory of it or of telling us about it at all.

Our youngest as a child, would experience football sized black orbs in the kitchen. He would stand and watch them and see them float along then float out through the glass in the window. He was also aware of someone in his bedroom that would randomly turn his cd player on only for them to ping the cd player lid open seconds later.

All 3 have experienced all manner of things from being tiny tots to reaching adulthood and I know they still experience stuff now even though 2 of them no longer live with us. The good thing about it is, because they grew up experiencing stuff, they accepted that it was perfectly fine to see or witness things that others would find odd or scary and they knew that they could bring their experiences to us and we wouldnt just put it down to imagination.

Back