• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'chipping '

Melf

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Has anyone read about david beckham who wants to 'chip' his kids? (the star 10/11/02). does anyone think that this will be the start of a 'Fashionable Craze' with the world of stars? Then the idea will be taken up by The Governmemt. Of course there will be a volentary phase then it will be compulsionary. A new twist on the old 'Mark of the beast' theme?

I think it is long over due..

we do it for pets here in the states..the first thing the vet did when I took a stray (kitten) that was hanging out around my store , was to run a scanner over it to see if it belonged to anyone (nope , had it for a year now, nice cat too) so why not? If your kid go's missing...

because it could also be used to track your childs where abouts, even if they werent missing

I work with an evangelical born-again Christian bloke, he's always talking about the 'mark of the Beast'. He and his church reckon ID cards are the gentle precursor to having something 'embedded in your hand or head'.

...I wondered when, or if, it would start...:eek:

chipping

thanx for replys. but in brit. we have also got pet chipping. but with gorden brown? saying that ', we need a id card system, so we can disquinish immergrants from natives(sic) it will b volentary
(i think.???).also didn't 2000 ad have the same idea? in the story "finn" proposed by a "newt??"

also since there have been like 2 attemps at kidnapping his wife, it's probably a good idea to chip 'em.

I dunno, I have this awful vision of the psychos who abduct people carving chunks out of their victims to remove the chips....not good...:eek!!!!:

kadingle said:
also since there have been like 2 attemps at kidnapping his wife, it's probably a good idea to chip 'em.
No, there haven't been two attempts at kidnapping any of the Beckhams. A couple of years ago Posh claimed that somebody rushed up to her in the street and tried to take Brooklyn from her arms - but none of the photographers who always follow her saw anything, just some bloke brushing past her. And as for the 'Albanian kidnap gang' - well, although most of them are in custody charged with various offences, none of them have been charged with conspiracy to kidnap, strangely.
As for chipping - the pet chips only give info when you run a scanner over it. They're just a high-tech version of collar tags and don't broadcast a signal, so they can't be used for tracking. If they did send out tracking signals, you couldn't take the 'chipped' into hospitals, on board aircraft, or anywhere else such signals would interfere with equipment. All this was discussed on the "human chipping" thread a while ago.

Such chips are not tracking devices, but ID devices. Anyway, chipping your kid(s) is a bit paranoid IMHO - it would only help identify them if they were dead and inrecognisable, and it's not at all the same situation as a stray pet ;)

Annasdottir said:
And as for the 'Albanian kidnap gang' - well, although most of them are in custody charged with various offences, none of them have been charged with conspiracy to kidnap, strangely.

they've got the 'Albanians' with stolen jewelery and guns but the only 'evidence' of a kidnap plot is the word on an undercover News of the World reporter (the same one who did the Fake Sheik thing with Sophie Rees Jones - Prince Edwards revolting wife - offering call girls & cocaine) so it might be tough persuading a jury to convict)

As for chipping - the pet chips only give info when you run a scanner over it. They're just a high-tech version of collar tags and don't broadcast a signal, so they can't be used for tracking. If they did send out tracking signals, you couldn't take the 'chipped' into hospitals, on board aircraft, or anywhere else such signals would interfere with equipment. All this was discussed on the "human chipping" thread a while ago.

and as was pointed out on the 'Human Chipping' thread, these things Becks is talking about are not simply passive devices, they give off a permanent signal to a GPS sattelite. With the unresolved debate regarding mobile phones and brain tumors, my advice would be to tell your kids not to talk to strangers.

human chipping

interesring replys! sorry i havent replied earlyer, but unable to read emails at moment:hmph: :mad: :(. i havent seen the human chipping thread

ethelred said:
and as was pointed out on the 'Human Chipping' thread, these things Becks is talking about are not simply passive devices, they give off a permanent signal to a GPS sattelite. With the unresolved debate regarding mobile phones and brain tumors, my advice would be to tell your kids not to talk to strangers.
Strictly speaking it's the other way around. The GPS receiver receives time signals from three, or more, GPS satellites and then (knowing where the satellites should be) uses the time differences to triangulate the user's position. The satellites, themselves, haven't a clue where you are.

It might be a bit pedantic, but on a conspiracy thread the image conjoured up by a device transmitting your whereabouts to a constellation of U.S. military satellites is somewhat different to you receiving a time broadcast. ;)

You're right about the safety aspect though. These things must be transmitting your whereabouts somehow (but to a terrestrial receiver ;) ). Even though the evidence of harm for mobile phones is not conclusive, the better side of valour would suggest that you don't stick a radio transmitter in a child. :( (Imagine if a receiver fell into the wrong hands. :eek!!!!: )

I'm assuming this is some sort of follow on from the Kevin Warwick publicity stunt following the Soham murders.

At the moment saying that you want o chip your kids to track them is like saying you want a flying car - it may be a nice idea but the rechnology just doesn't exist yet.

Another ethical consideration - at what age do youy remove the chip and should the child be able to refuse the implant?

Hmmm...interesting...I could see the good and bad aspects of chipping your kids.
Are this chips like an actual tracking advice? I mean, do they somehow show your exact location on a computer or something, or are they just something you could scan to get the person's information, like an ID in the body.
If they are like a tracking device, I sure as hell wouldn't want one in me. The thought of someone always being able to know my exact location would scare the crap out of me. It would be good in the small and unlikely circumstance of if a child got kidnapped, but like someone already said, what if some creep found a way to get into the system and could see every move your kid made...scary.
If they do this, they should do it at birth and the kid should be able to get it removed at 18 if he/she wishes, or maybe even earlier than that.

re: MsClaireVoyant's reply

if they do this, they should do it at birth and the kid should be able to get it removed at 18 if he/she wishes, or earlier than that.

about the chip being removed @ 18, there would probolably a "law/rule" against removal, for the sucurtity & wellbeing of the british people . & is it not possible that chipping is already being carryed out @ this moment (small scale tests, of course ) on the babys of criminals. am i being tooo paranoid?????.

had your chips

The technology for tracking chips isn't here yet, but it soon will be-
I expect that people will be released from prison/given non custodial sentences on the condition they wear a chip soon...
the amount of radiation could be quite small, especially if the detection devices are small and localised...
i.e. you could have one in your home or office, and know when a chipped individual is nearby.

The identity chip for everyone is unlikely, but some people will no doubt elect to have chips and implants voluntarily implanted if it means constant access to the net, mobile phone always on, cash free transactions, entry to restricted and secure areas, never getting lost again.
The loss of civil liberties (constant tracking by the CIA for instance) would have to be balanced against the benefits
so you would have to decide for yourself, if given a choice.
I probably would prefer to live outside the chipped utopia but things in the free world might get uncomfortable.
As technology begins to ramp up many benefits of society will only be available to the fully paid up, fully registered, fully *chipped up* social strata.
Is this a dystopia I see before me?
steve b

If a monkey can play a computer game with his brain, then I don't see why we can't just mentally turn the chips on and off when we want. Ie, kid gets lost and turns his chip on. Kid sneaks away for the night and turns it off. And there could always be an override for anyone on probation. If I trusted the government to be lawful, I'd even say it's fair to put in a 'remote' override, to bring in wanted criminals... but I don't trust them quite that far.

Back