• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Christocrocy

Surely welfare's a very Christian concept? And unions as well... surely the Apostles could have been described as the JUD (Judaean Union of Desciples)?!!!!!

Plus Mary Magdeline was a prostitute, and Jesus and Judas were always kissing... ;)

Seriously though, there's some scary people out there!

Let's have a look one by one..

WE DISHONOR GOD BY TOLERATING
THE LIKES OF THESE:

abortion - well, fancy that
Anti-Christ alliances (such as? The Alliance and Leicester?)
bankruptcy (?)
bars (!)
coarse entertainment - examples, please.
Constitutional idolatry - eh?
contraception - surprise
corporate loopholes - pardon? WTF...
denominations - damn those twenty pence coins!
divorce - the song or the marital status?
gambling businesses - that's your church whist drive up the spout
gay rights - never!
injustice by discretion - :confused:
injustice by procedure - ditto
mandatory insurance - why, exactly
orders of protection - huh?
plea bargaining - at risk of repeating myself...
prostitution - no surprise there
psychiatry - wonder why?
secret societies - Tufty club members beware!
smoking - now hang on just a minute
Social Security - why why why why why?
sorcery, astrology, etc. - lynch Russell Grant? Ok , I can see that..
tax loopholes - someone's had a visit from the IRS..
unions - explanation, please
usury, and greed - back to the IRS again
welfare - whose?

Anything they've missed there? Wasps, nettles, vomit, balloons that pop too easily...

S Club 7....

Badly repaired pavements, bus stops with no shelters, push-up bras, Pokemon cards, itchy jumpers, big spiders, students, tall women with short boyfriends, Limp Bizkit and croquet.

...rap singers with pants so baggy they can barely walk....

"So far none of the 30,000 churches, or ministries contacted have dared to risk the loss of their tax-exempt status by joining this holy crusade to honor God on a national level."

:D

Adam Rang said:
"So far none of the 30,000 churches, or ministries contacted have dared to risk the loss of their tax-exempt status by joining this holy crusade to honor God on a national level."

God may get you later, but the IRS will get you now!

;)

Stu Neville said:
secret societies - Tufty club members beware!

I was once a member of the Tufty club. Bring it on, religious dudes!

Stu Neville said:
Let's have a look one by one..

WE DISHONOR GOD BY TOLERATING
THE LIKES OF THESE:

mandatory insurance - why, exactly

Wasn't it Ned Flanders who refused to have insurance as he considered it a form of gambling?

That is truly scary.

What kind of intolerance is being bred by the "word of god"?

Sad, truly sad.

LD

I'm with them on bankruptcy (if it ceases to exist, then it can't happen to me!), but a little confused about most of the rest. I mean smoking, social security and coarse entertainment we could do with out, but if God cared, California would be a smoking crater by now.
What's actually wrong with gambling, anyway?

Why, it encourages avarice and leads people away from the one true path to salvation with the promise of filthy lucre!

People who are morally opposed to contraception really bug me. Abortion, sure - how can we really know at what instant that blob of cells becomes a baby? - but the idea that it's morally wrong not to start a baby in the first place is just silly. The world's too full of unloved, unwanted, and undersupported kids as it is.

My philosophy is a that sensible person who was really against abortion should support other forms of birth control wholeheartedly, in the hopes that fewer people will need to have one.

Nonny

Nonny Mouse said:
My philosophy is a that sensible person who was really against abortion should support other forms of birth control wholeheartedly, in the hopes that fewer people will need to have one.
I agree. Will you explain that to the pro-lifers, or shall I...?

Has the recent American decision to withdraw support for birth-control in China and elsewhere (under pressure from pro-lifers) been mentioned here yet?

America reaction frightens me more and more since 9/11, and thiis part of it. It's the old 'God on my side' thing again.

... and that Bob Dylan song has just started on my MP3 player (randomly chosen from a stupidly large playlist). I wish this sort of thing would stop happening - it's really beginning to bug me.

Anyway, intermission over :p

I suspect the argument against welfare payments, insurance and the like is something to do with making people "stand on their own two feet" and face up to life problems as these are tests sent by God... much like the old Victorian theory of "social darwinism". What next, shoot disabled people? (hope not - I won't be able to run away fast enough!)

Isn't it nice to know how far we've advanced in the last century or so :rolleyes:

Just to make it absolutely clear - the above is just my interpretation of what these idiots may be thinking, not my opinion!

Jane.

With regard to 'that Bob Dylan Song', just to cheer you up from a slightly horrible coincedental moment, check out 'With Goth on Our Side' on the album 'trouble over Bridgwater' by Half Man, Half Biscuit. Sorry. I wanted to digress.

rynner said:
America reaction frightens me more and more since 9/11, and thiis part of it. It's the old 'God on my side' thing again.

Well, somebody has to be. That said, Tony the Teeth is, isn't he? Unusual to see the ultimate evil and the Big Guy on the same side, don't you think?

Back