• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Compiling war related stories

dot23

Justified & Ancient
HELP REQUIRED - Compiling war related stories

I'm trying to put together an overview of the way the Afghan and wider conflicts are being reported, discussed and interpreted on the internet. It's for media workers against war, which is a useful repository of war related news and articles.

Particularly interested in pieces that deal with conspiracy theories/theorists, e.g. 'the 4000 jews' UL and the disappearance of viral biology scientists.

If anyone has a list of useful URLs, particular pages, or even wants to help organise this with me, I'd be very grateful.

click here to email me if you have anything of use. or post stuff in this thread.

Cheers!!

Dot23

good stuff there, anyone got any more? Of course I could spend hours sifting through search engine results, but why invent the wheel. Many of you have already done this, have some favourite portals for conspiracy theory which you trust, or know to be decerning. I'd love to look at some of those and compare news story analysis etc.

Dot23

Check out the 'Rumours of War' section on good old Snopes . And while you're there, you could look at the 'Military' and 'Attack On America' threads on the Snopes message board.

I had snopes on my list already AD, cheers anyway! Just a thought, what makes us sure that snopes is not an officially sanctioned 'disinformation' site?

Dot23

dot23 said:
I had snopes on my list already AD, cheers anyway! Just a thought, what makes us sure that snopes is not an officially sanctioned 'disinformation' site?

Dot23
Well, the message-boarders at Snopes are a pretty ferocious bunch - I think they'd soon suss out a mole......
Anyway, what makes you so sure that this MB isn't a disinfo site? or indeed, that I myself am not employed by MI6/5?

ah the old solipsism thing - How can I be sure of anything, for all things are subjective, and nothing should be taken as imperial.

No, really I just wondered if anyone had heard any rumours as to whether it was. I was reading a thread on here recently about internet disinformation, and the methods employed to confuse/ deceive the public. e.g. Feeding fake info through a reputable outlet, feeding real info through disreputable/ fake outlets etc.

And I'm sure you're not an intelligence officer - you're far too nice :D

Back