• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

computer glitches then devil and me

A

Anonymous

When i was 5 y old, i saw a creature in the basement. Tall, red and white, overlapping skin. I ran upstares told my parents. They went down to investiage, They smelled a horrible odor, but scoffed. I saw the creature out side the windows for the remainder of the day. I ws put to bed. That night, i woke up too find the same creature at the foot of my bed. I ran to my parents room. When i was 12, the same thing happened again. This time, i prayed and it disappeared. I had the distinct feeling it was talking to me, teling me i was with it forever. I always attributed it to the devil, although i am not particularly religious. It has always haunted me. any ideas on what the hell happened? what was it?

I tried to post this story several times, and it either cut off or logged me off. COmputer glitch or is it the demon?

Scary biscuits, man :shock:
Did it move about or just stand still? Was it looking at you? You said you saw it outside the house for the rest of the first day you saw it... did you call your parents, could they just not see it - or didn't they look?

Lucky you...if you don't want it I'll have it!

weirdo30 said:
I tried to post this story several times, and it either cut off or logged me off. COmputer glitch or is it the demon?

I have the same problem on my home computer. I can't stay logged in for more than ten seconds at a time. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm permanently logged in to this pc.

shonda said:
weirdo30 said:

I have the same problem on my home computer. I can't stay logged in for more than ten seconds at a time. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm permanently logged in to this pc.

Sounds like you have either a dodgy connection somewhere, or you have loads of viruses, spyware etc. on your PC.

can you please describe the being with as much detail possible?

{mainly posting because I'm interested and want to watch the thread and don't want to risk missing anything, although sometimes not even posting on the thread guarantees that! ;) )

Please excuse the barrage of questions. I'm in a rush.

- how long did you see it for?
- does it appear at certain points of the day, or when you're in a certain mood?
- does it speak, or do you hear the words in your mind?
- does it interact with anything?
- is there always the smell?
- can you describe the smell?
- can you describe the being in more detail?

Don't worry about the board timing you out; it does that to most people, depending on how long your post is ;)

I hit "preview" a lot. That seems to keep me from being timed out/logged off.

The creature I have only seen twice, but the memory is vivid. THe smell was like a mix of mustiness and excrement and smoke. And no, it didnt smell like ganga. Overlapping skin, it was like the creature's skin was tumory and folding over itself, almost like it was wearing a skin suit. When I saw it from the window, my parents refused to look. They did go in the basement and experianced the horrible smell. The time when I was 12, the smell was in my room again. THe same night I saw it, My older sister was thrown from her bed, but i really didnt put the two together until many years later. The creature made a gurgling , grizzly/gravely sound, almost gutterly. The top flap of skin on the face was red, and the alterating layers were white, and so on down the body. I felt very nausated each time I encountered this creature. I sure do wish I new what the heck it was, and I hope to hell it doesnt come back! Very unpleasent. Of course, if it came back now, my wife would probably kick it out of the bedroom anyway, as she is a violent sleeper. :lol:

From the description, I'd say it sounds like a severe burns victim you're describing? Well, obviously, not exactly; but that kind of loose skin, red over white? That's what I'm imagining anyway. Although the smell of smoke may have suggested that as well.

When was the last time you saw it?

weirdo30 said:
. . . . I had the distinct feeling it was talking to me, teling me i was with it forever. I always attributed it to the devil, although i am not particularly religious.

Could you elaborate on these two sentences? For instance, can you remember a feeling that accompanied the idea of this thing 'being with you forever'? And why the devil? You mentioned feeling nauseated, but did you feel threatened, or the presence of evil? Was your nausea over the stench and appearance of the thing, or was there an emotional component as well?

BTW ~ welcome! Neat post. :D

Cheese on beans, Weirdo30, that's an extremely creepy experience!

Suggestion: It seems to me that part of being evil involves not being particularly truthful. If it is evil in general, or does not like you in particular, it has motivations to make you feel as bad as possible. That doesn't mean that its claim is true. But you would feel as bad as possible if you thought you could not get away from it.

Perhaps the smelly striped dude wishes to creep you out forever, but cannot guarantee this without your unknowing complicity. So it told you it would be around in the hopes of undermining your confidence to get away.

It doesn't sound like a creature of eminent trustworthiness.

If you really can't do anything to exclude it from your life, it still doesn't hurt to try. At least you can be happier by disbelieving it and thinking you can get rid of it!

My advice about the computer problem: get a Mac! 8)

Replies to posts
I saw it last when i was 12. i am 30 now
I had are horrid feeling like all the misery of the world was hovering over me.
And, as crazy as it sounds, it spoke in my head. not really out loud, because its mouth didnt move, but i heard it speak. I always thought of it as a devil, bcause when you are little and in sunday school they try to scare the crap out of you, and to me, as a small child something so awful had to be the devil.

Wierdo30, I find it interesting that you say that your parents wouldn't look at the thing the second time you saw it. If something was freaking my children out I'd go and look at what it was. Maybe they knew what they would see :shock:

Weirdo30, can you draw a picture of this thing and put it on the message board?

Elffriend said:
Wierdo30, I find it interesting that you say that your parents wouldn't look at the thing the second time you saw it. If something was freaking my children out I'd go and look at what it was. Maybe they knew what they would see :shock:
Thank you Elf

:hello:

*waves goodbye to a goodnights sleep tonight* ;)

Creepy story. Sounds terrifying to a small child. Aren't demons supposed to smell of brimstone or something? That is a smoky, excrementy sort of smell.

I don't reckon the devil himself, as the brightest and most beautiful angel would manifest himself as something horrible. He was chucked out of heaven for arrogance after all. ;) Glad it seems to have decided to leave you alone now, whatever it was!

How deeply was your family into the church at that time in your life? Had you missed behaved, or was your family going through any problems at the time (ie, drug use, adultary,financial troubles). I know that is a strange question, but sometimes , children have manifested corpral images in response to extreme stress or picking up on vibes form friends and family. With no explination for things, children make up there own, often seen in abuse surviors, since the child projects the harmful things on a "monster under the bed" etc. Not questioning if you saw it, just trying to look at the psychology aspects.
btw, i think it would have scared the crap out of me! no wonder it haunts you, sounds awful

Min Bannister said:
Elffriend said:
Thank you Elf

:hello:

*waves goodbye to a goodnights sleep tonight* ;)

:rofl:

:shock: I've just thought of something. I often smell a smoky cigarettey smell mixed with the aroma of excrement. The smell is just like when my dad had a fag whilst depositing in the toilet (he's dead so it isn't him). I always laugh it off, but maybe it is something else then if demons smell of smoke and s**t.

Min Bannister said:
I don't reckon the devil himself, as the brightest and most beautiful angel would manifest himself as something horrible. He was chucked out of heaven for arrogance after all. ;) Glad it seems to have decided to leave you alone now, whatever it was!

Well, that all depends. Lucifer was thrown out of Heaven and became Satan, but there's a number of Devils/demons that are supposed to look like yer typical Devil.

So....it should be possible to find a list of devils/demons that appear in the form described.

Ravenstone said:
Well, that all depends. Lucifer was thrown out of Heaven and became Satan, but there's a number of Devils/demons that are supposed to look like yer typical Devil.

So....it should be possible to find a list of devils/demons that appear in the form described.
Oh okay then! But the devil normally means Satan. ;) Actually, that is exactly what I was thinking as well. Unfortunately, my attempts so far to get hold of Leonard Ashley's "Complete Book of Devils and Demons" have been fruitless. Might try the boards own resident demon..

Min Bannister said:
Oh okay then! But the devil normally means Satan. ;) Actually, that is exactly what I was thinking as well. Unfortunately, my attempts so far to get hold of Leonard Ashley's "Complete Book of Devils and Demons" have been fruitless. Might try the boards own resident demon..

Oh I knew what you meant!

And as for Ashley's book, it's sat here with me e'en as we speak....haven't found anything yet, but I've been a bit distracted tonight doing other things (like messing with Dad's computer, and taking delivery of books from Amazon - including Jon Downes' autobiography!!! :shock: )

I'll have a look tomorrow

If you believe in that type of thing there is a demon called Ukobach who has an enflamed and burnt body.
He is the keeper of the fires of hell and is described as reeking of smoke

Well y'know, not believe as such. Just exploring the possibilites like.. ;) Actually, I'd probably believe in it pretty quickly if I woke up to find it standing at the bottom of my bed! :eek!!!!:

Thanks Swan.

Ashley's book isn't much use, actually. I'm skipping through the Dictionary of Angels and the Encyclopaedia of Angels for help now.

The smell of excrement is attributed to the presence of the devil somewhere, I believe. As in, it being there for no reason. I'm not entirely sure, can anyone verify that?

I believe I have heard that both the smell of sulpher and the smell of excrement are supposed to be associated with the devil, but I cannot remember where I heard this.

Brimstone smells like smoke and sulphur(which in turn smells like shit), so that's why sulphur is associated with hell/satan. :)

Back