• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Concerning Lost Tombs

A

Anonymous

Whilst engaged in some painting work recently I did what all reluctant DIYers do and started to read the newspaper on which my paint pot was resting. I was treated to an interesting article on the 'lost' tomb of Ghengis Khan and recent foiled attempts to find it. This got me thinking about other so called lost tombs of great historical figures. Apart from Alexander and Arthur I have drawn a blank. I would be very grateful for any further info and suggestions for other 'lost-tombs'.

Cheers:D

Jesus Christ has a lost tomb in all the alternative theories.

Y'know, either he ascended into heaven or he remained here on earth and was promptly interred.

Columbus's tomb has an unclear existance.

I occasionally seek the relatives of Poe in Ayrshire and many of them are highly elusive. If you like, our most distant ancestors and their tombs are long lost in the pits of history.

Where is Antonines tomb............or Macbeth?

All the best ones are lost and perhaps deserve to be saught by we seekers of that which is missing.

I know that Poe would appreciate the search for his relatives graves in some of the most gothic, atmospheric burial grounds in the world.

Sorry I could'nt be more help but I will try to think up more.

Back