• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Conspiracies Exhibition, Blackpool

ted_bloody_maul

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I haven't come across any mention of this on here but has anybody else visited this? It cuts across a number of Fortean topics as the conspiracy involves the obscuring of much new science, ufology, ancient astronauts, esoterica and religious truths. It's also on the site of the old Doctor Who exhibition of 25 years ago.

I was there this week and I got chatting with the curator(?) of the exhibition who told me everything I knew about history was wrong, that I had many bodies and that I was also Horus. He also mentioned something about the death of a guy called Dean Warwick just as he was about to tell a gathering in Blackpool who killed RFK although that's maybe one for the conspiracy forum.

Anyway, I'd recommend it although it might not suit younger children. My 4 year-old nephew enjoyed the mannequins of the scary aliens who've visited Earth at various times in our history but he found the introductory video on 9/11 a little overlong. It also provoked difficult questions like "is he a goody?" when Bush came on screen which, having told him that the guys who crashed the planes into the buildings were baddies, made traditional child-friendly narratives a little tricky.

Back