• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

I think it’s probably safe to say that a woman who stabbed her partner to death, speeded off in a car, threw her two children out killing one of them, then crashed into a tree in an apparent suicide, had mental health issues.
Oh I'd agree in this case in seems pretty self evident!

There's a lot of amusing stuff happening online following the death of O.J Simpson. Just read this in X (Twitter):

JoJo Siwa releases a song called “Karma” and 5 days later OJ Simpson dies. How many letters in Karma? 5. Merely a coincidence.. perhaps, but ask yourself what is OJ spelled backwards and doubled? Exactly… “JOJO.”

I always put off some horrible housework job just in case - in 2012 I did end up having to clean the windows after all after the Mayans got that EOTW date wrong. Now I've got a shed that needs clearing out, brushing down and re-organising, and my EOTW excuse is no good (again).
Never thought of that as an excuse on the old hw front. I'll remember to use it with MsP when she's hoovering round my feet.

I'm interested in what happens now? It's the 08 April and the world is still here, everything continuing as normal - what do they say? What do they do? Go quiet and mumble for a bit and then find a new conspiracy? How do they explain the lack of the end of the world?
The usual get out clause for end of the world is nigh types when the world doesn't end is that they were going by some random calendar like the Aztec one all along or something instead. We need to start asking these tossers beforehand which calendar they're going by before the predicted date. Actually, let's not bother. Just nod, agree and say "I know, we've planned it all because I work for them.".

The usual get out clause for end of the world is nigh types when the world doesn't end is that they were going by some random calendar like the Aztec one all along or something instead. We need to start asking these tossers beforehand which calendar they're going by before the predicted date. Actually, let's not bother. Just nod, agree and say "I know, we've planned it all because I work for them.".
I imagine that one day, when the world actually does end, there'll be a sudden last minute rush of 'end-is-nigh' types all chorusing 'we told you that would hap.....................

...and there'll be no one around to contradict them.

Last edited:
Oh I'd agree in this case in seems pretty self evident!
In this case, mental illness or not, the woman was 'enabled' by social media. She may've had thousands of 'followers' but how many of them genuinely believed and how many are 'trolls' and those who egg on the deluded, calling them 'LOLcows' and treating them as entertainment?

Such a shame I never met him/her (!)

As a believing follower of Jesus Christ I might have my opinions or ideas about 'The End Times' cf., The Synoptic Gospels, the books of Revelation (NT) and Daniel (OT) but this message board isn't really the place to spout off about it, unless someone asks me really nicely in a relevant thread.
End times but for who?

Me first I hope. I wouldn’t like my entrance into Heaven to be stuck at the back of a queue of a 4 billion and growing crowd facing St.Peter showing the grim determined forced politeness of a doctor’s receptionist on a Monday morning.

Last edited:
Such a shame I never met him/her (!)

As a believing follower of Jesus Christ I might have my opinions or ideas about 'The End Times' cf., The Synoptic Gospels, the books of Revelation (NT) and Daniel (OT) but this message board isn't really the place to spout off about it, unless someone asks me really nicely in a relevant thread.
From what I (unfortunately) read in the thread, there was no coherence. I suspect that there may have been some schizophrenic thought processes involved.

There’s no need to bother with ‘The usual get out’. They’ll take any flimsy excuse to backpedal from the shit they’re selling and move on to the next con.

The US East coast earthquake of the 5th measured 4.8 on the Richter scale. One of Trump's golf courses was within the epicentre.

The eclipse was on the 04.08.

Both have the numbers 4 & 8.

Cue music to the Outer Limits.
It's time for everyone to stop using "Richter scale". That is not used anymore.
Use "magnitude".

It's time for everyone to stop using "Richter scale". That is not used anymore.
Use "magnitude".
I didn't know that. Are they the same scale of magnitude though? Like 4.8 is the same on both scales?

Any idea why the Richter scale is no longer in use?

Once again, science has been found lacking.
Science is the new God, the books and papers the new Bible and the scientists the new vicars and priests. All must bow down before the God of science and are not allowed to question it but questions are allowed only if the questioner then agrees to bow down after being answered.

Just like it was in the dark ages. Don't question the Bible or those who teach it or face heresy charges.

I know that's not so in every case but generally, the scientist does get wheeled out to confirm this that or the other.

Don't place any meaning other than the scientific one on the eclipse despite many, many ancient texts stating different.

Last edited:
Me first I hope. I wouldn’t like my entrance into Heaven to be stuck at the back of a queue of a 4 billion and growing crowd facing St.Peter showing the grim determined forced politeness of a doctor’s receptionist on a Monday morning.
I'm re-reading Mort at the moment so am pinning my hopes on Death just greeting you and sending you on to whatever you believe in. So those who want an eternity of Cliff Richard on a cloud singing "Summer Holiday" get that. But I don't.

I'm re-reading Mort at the moment so am pinning my hopes on Death just greeting you and sending you on to whatever you believe in. So those who want an eternity of Cliff Richard on a cloud singing "Summer Holiday" get that. But I don't.

That's your Hell, you might get it!

Science is the new God, the books and papers the new Bible and the scientists the new vicars and priests. All must bow down before the God of science and are not allowed to question it but questions are allowed only if the questioner then agrees to bow down after being answered.

Just like it was in the dark ages. Don't question the Bible or those who teach it or face heresy charges.

I know that's not so in every case but generally, the scientist does get wheeled out to confirm this that or the other.

Don't place any meaning other than the scientific one on the eclipse despite many, many ancient texts stating different.
Religions are based on faith. Science is a gradual increase in knowledge as new discoveries are made. Eclipses can be predicted accurately many years ahead from scientific knowledge.

You can question & believe whatever you want. What do many ancient texts have to say about eclipses & their meaning?

Back