• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Courtney Brown & The Hale-Bopp Companion

A

Anonymous

Just to clear up this matter. This is how much I know of what really went on, your welcome to correct me.

Some of Courtney Brown's remote viewers reported that they had seen what they had described as a 'companion' ship accompanying the Hale-Bop commet. Courtney Brown went to look for it himself after this and he confirmed that there was a 'grey' companion ship accompanying it, however he was not sure of its motives and it certainly was nothing to do with interferring with us in any way.

Courtney Brown went on Art Bell to tell them off his findings. A few days later, Art Bell introduced another guest who said he had obtained photos of thic spaceship. The photos were widely believed to be fakes.

Then... the heavens gate cult killed themselves believing that they were visiting the 'companion' which was actaully a portel to another dimension.

All the archives during this time suddenly went missing on Art Bell and he claimed this was due to a technical error. Courtney Brown was (I think) banned from Art Bell after this.

This is to my knowledge what happened. There is a lot of rumours and untruths going around about this, like its a common belief that it was Brown who produced the faked photo. Also a lot of poeple were expecting a big visitation (so when this didnt happen people 'knew' that brown was lying), but as Brown actually said they wernt here to interferre with us.

Had a quick flick through the FT's at the time, and only found a quick reference to the whole affair. Hopefully someone else knows a bit more.

Some of Courtney Brown's remote viewers reported that they had seen what they had described as a 'companion' ship accompanying the Hale-Bop commet

can't remember who said it but if you were an alien race who wanted to keep your existence secret from mankind wouldn't it be the worst place to be, somewhere where every telescope on earth is pointing at? :D

Adam's right in that it was Courtney Brown who said there was a ship following Hale Bopp.

From FT 96, p15 (before Heaven's Gate):

The 15th November [Art Bell] show was even more sensational. Bell interviewed an amateur astronomer who believed he had discovered a large Saturn-like Object (SLO) in the solar system and hoped others could help him identify it. Texan Chuck Shramek had been photographing Comet Hale Bopp on 14 November and noticed a bright object to one side of it where his computer's mapping program (MegaStar) had not indicated any known stellar object. When Shramek tracked his telescope across the sky, he found that the bright object maintained a consistant appearance and position relative to the comet and concluded it was not an optical aberration. A rough calculation indicated to him it was three to four times the size of the Earth. Mystified and excited, he posted the data on the internet and was lured to the Art Bell show.

In the meantime, Bell had alerted one of his regular guests, Courtney Brown, who publiceses himself as a remote viewer with a more than 80 per cent accuracy record. Brown also appeared on the show with Schramek, but claimed to have remoltely-viewed the SLO. It was, he revealed, a small planet-like ship, peopled by reptillian beings who were heading this way to enlighten us. What is more, Brown said, Earth governments - who, as we now know are masonic enclaves - knew of the 'Reptoids' and planned to explain their ship as a dangerous alien weapon.

To summarise the rest, the object was probably a result of bugs in star classification in Shramek's software, and a perfectly normal celestial object.

As for Adam's talk show intrigue, I dunno... anyone else?

I took a photograph of Hale Bopp and I have to say it came out looking very odd. The picture is pin sharp as I got the exposure spot on. However the picture has captured what appears to be 2 comets, Hale Bopp and a smaller comet underneath it.

I've just googled for images of Hale Bopp and found many amateur pictures but none that looks remotely like mine. I know the description doesn't help much but i will dig out the image, scan it and post it in the next day or so. I'd love to hear some opinions as to what I've captured.

EDIT
Sorry, having problems uploading the picture. Don't know why, its a .jpg and well within the limits at around 40kb.

A very good podcast series about this subject has recently been posted:

The Saga of Comet Hale-Bopp and its Fugacious Companion, Part 1,2, 3
Comet Hale-Bopp put on a fantastic display for Earth-bound skywatchers for over two years, often considered "the" comet of the 20th century. But, conspiracies and fear marred the event and led to the suicide of 39 members of the Heaven's Gate cult. In this Part 3 of 3 episodes, I discuss the cult's belief system, their suicide, and the continued pseudoscience about Comet Hale-Bopp after their deaths.

http://podcast.sjrdesign.net/
http://podcast.sjrdesign.net/media/podcasts/PseudoAstro_127.mp3
http://podcast.sjrdesign.net/media/podcasts/PseudoAstro_128.mp3
http://podcast.sjrdesign.net/media/podcasts/PseudoAstro_129.mp3

Ive read two of Browns books which describe remote viewing certain targets - ET, disasters, and other topics etc. I have to admit here that I dont trust what he reveals in those books. They both carry an overtone of Brown not being allowed to reveal what he wants but what hes been told to describe. Poor show indeed!

The affair features in Jon Ronson's Crazy Rulers of the World series (Part 3) - available on Youtube. Courtney Brown himself features.

Last edited:
Himself; Courtney Brown is a bloke. He should be ashamed of himself encouraging the Heaven's Gate dickheads.

I could pretend it was a typo, but in fact I got mixed up between Courtney Brown and Prudence Calabrese, who worked with Brown at the Farsight Institute.

Back