• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Creepy Apartment

A

Anonymous

Hello all. I have been reading the message boards for a while, but this is my first post. Junt wanted to see what everyone thinks of my story. I have lived in my apartment for two years now, and a few strange things have happened (sorry, long post). They never seem related, because, i dont know if I am the only person that makes this connection, but they all seem to be different phenominems (sp?).

The first is at ane time, my mother in law lived here. One day she was taking a shower and when she was finished, she opened the curtain, and stood in the tub drying off. She was not paying attention to the counter across the bathroom, but she SWEARS that a hairspray lid came flying off the counter, flew past her, hit the wall and landed in the tub. When she told me this, I became a little freaked out, and for a few days after that, showering became quite a nervous situation for me. Then one day, while i was still pretty high strung, I heard something hit the shower curtain, and I screamed like a little girl :oops: . I decided it was just nerves, and continued. but then, as I was stepping out of the tub, I stepped on a hairspray lid. I was so freaked that i got dressed as quick as I could and left until someone was at home.

A few weeks later, after I pushed that story to the back of my head, I came home for a quick moment with a friend. As we were giggling and getting ready, the phone rang. I picked it up and answered, but the person on the other end sounded like a male, with a hushed voice and he said "There is still time" and it sounded like he slammed the phone down. when I told her about that, even though it very well have could been a prank, we left in a pretty big hurry. (sadly though, it seems weird now, because my friend Mellissa is now decesed).

After that, one morning, my hubby got up and went to work, as did his mom. I got up with them, but did not leave my room, and started playing a vidio game. they left (about 6 am), and I turned it off, and headed to the kitchen for some coffee. As soon as I opened my bedroom door, I froze. I was so scared of something, and I could not put my finger on it. I slammed the door shut and locked it. I had this complete feeling of fear. I could not even think of opening that door. It felt like something was out there. I sat on the end of the bed, staring at the door, scared out of my wits for some reason until about 10am. Even though it was now bright out, that did not help. I had to get ready for work so i got together all the courage that i could, opened the bedroom door and FLEW to the bathroom and locked that door behind me too. after an uneventful and nearve-wracking shower, I ran back to my bedroom, tried to leave the door unlocked, but I couldn't, and finished getting ready for work. I had to leave, so I bit the bullet, and ran out of the building as fast as I could and went to work. everything seemed fine after that though.

Nothing happened for a while after that. About 8 or so months later, the mom in law was moved out and my best friend was staying with me for awhile. Her, my hubby and I were all in the livingroom, on a nice summer night. I was sitting facing our big balcony windows, while Meagan was sitting in the corner beside them, facing me. Hubby was in the other corner working on his computer. Me and Meagan were chatting away when all of the sudden, I saw a ball of very bright light, about the size of a grapefruit) come through the window, loop into the corner on the wall over Meagan, and then fly out again. It was so fast that it was like a camera flash, but I could even still "see it" like how you see spots after getting your picture taken. Meagan got up and looked out the window, becase she saw the light from it, and hubby says he say a reflection of it on his computer screen.

About a month after that, It was my birthday. That night, I had about 7 people over and we were all drinking. I was not drinking heavily, and I am so sure I was not just seeing things, this seemed pretty real to me. All of us were out on the balcony, just hanging out, when guy went into the kitchen to get another drink. I was sitting so that I could see inside out of the corner of my eye, when I saw someone dressed all in white walk around the corner out of the kitchen and towards the bedrooms. Not thinking, I thought it was guy, and got up to see what he was up to. He was still in the kitchen and not wearing white at all. He said he saw nothing, and nobody else could see in from where we were sitting, but I was so sure I saw it. I can still picture it in my head.

The last strange thing that happened was the most creepy to me. I was sleeping, and the phone was ringing beside my bed so I answered and it was my boss. She had phoned to tell me that Mellissa was killed in a car accident the previous night. While I was still on the phone with her, my cell started ringing, and it was my friend Jess phoning to tell me the same. I hung up with my boss, and Me and Jess aggreed to meet at work for a quick coffee and a hug. We sat at the staff table, silent, still shocked and after awhile I came back home. I went into my bedroom, and saw something in front of the shelf on the floor. I went to go see what it was, and it turned out to be a martini glass that was just broken in half, right at the stem. There were a set of 3, but the middle one was off the shelf that it stayed on for a year and a half. I was kinda upset, because I really liked them, and I put candles in them. I was sitting on the end of my bed wondering if I could fix it, but then it dawned on me. Mellissa had bought me that set. That just chilled me to the bone.

Thanx for reading. I would really like to hear what you guys think.

On the glass that broke, I cant picture it being a message from Melissa, for the simple reason that if you were good friends, why would she break something she bought you, and that you cherished?

The things that happened in the house could be explained by coincedence, the phone calls could be wrong numbers, the hairspray lids could be someone playing a prank?, the white ball could be ball lightining.

But then again they could all be paranormal, do you still live in the flat? has anything else occured? doesnt matter how trivial they sound, the little things all matter!

A chilling story, ghyeynne1.

Please update us with any developments.

Yep, definitely spooky. Let us know if anything else happens.

Me and Mrs Razorblimp had some polty activity when we were students and it freaked us out. We ended up telling it to behave itself and treating it like it was a child, and it did up to a point.

Painy, I never even thought of the broken glass as a sign from her. I just saw it as a life had been broken, if you know what I mean. Just a creepy coincidence. As for someone playing a prank, no one was home when that happened, and my door was locked. both the main door and my bathroom door. (we had been broken into befor, and we all had habits of locking all the doors behind us). Hubby saw that I was a little upset about that whole thing so he did once get a chance to play a prank on me. He got home from work early, and saw I was in the shower. He went to the bathroom door and was making scratching noises on it. I heard them and got scared, and after I got out and cautiosly opened the door, he jumped out and said boo. I, again, screamed, he laughed, and then I probably beat the crap out of him ;) .

I still do live here, at the moment by myself. I hope nothing happens. I already sleep with a lamp on :oops: . It seems I am overdue on the schedual which these things seem to happen. The last creepy thing, I never added this is, because I chalked it up to drugs, drunkeness, and just being a downright jerk (not on my behalf), was a friend of mine was really drunk, and we came home from the bar. He got really worried when we came into the building and started saying that there were demons in my apartment. he did end up sitting in the corner crying for a few hours, and after more nonsense he finally did fall asleep. The next morning he was laughing and telling me that the ghosts in my building were tormenting him the night before. I didn't know what to make of it, and we never spoke of it again.

The friend that spoke of the demons, do you think he is the sort of person who would be sensitive to seeing activity?

I have heard somewhere before that recreational drug use can make people serseptable (sp?) to seeing entities.

Would be interested or able to get friend to see if he can sense anything when he is sober?

No, the guy that spoke of the demons is a real attention w***e. I truly think that it was just some story he made up to make me feel sorry for him or something. As for the drugs, he swears he did not do any that night, or in the last few years. He has been here numerous times before and after that incident, and has never said anything about sensing anything. We don't ever really even speak of that subject at all.

this is a very interesting post

sorry about ur friend it all sounds pretty tragic

did it all stop after she passed away or did it carry on?

could the white person saw going into ur bedrooms have been an angel??

I came home for a quick moment with a friend. As we were giggling and getting ready,

:shock: Is this local dialect for something?

I'd suggest the hairspray cap was the result of a slow leak in the valve - pressure built up, cap blew off, hit shower - or possible static electricity from the shower curtain might have pulled it if it was near enough, like a styrofoam cup attracted to a sweater. Ball of light - well, ball lightning's been described as that, or it could have been a bright light that had shone into your apartment, perhaps from a patrol car. Figure in white could be simple retinal fatigue or a light going on - the 'corner of your eye' isn't meant to recognize things, just detect motion. If you have a cat, or even mice, they can knock things down, or vibrations, even loud music, can make things 'walk' along shelves.

Having just read that ball lightning occurs after a bolt of lightning has hit the ground, in the vicinity of the lightning strike, and only lasts for about 30 seconds, it casts all explanations of "ball lightning" in an unlikely light. I thought I'd seen ball lightning in my house as a kid - now I wonder what I really saw.

markbellis, I dont think that the cap was even on the hairspray, and it must have flown at least 10 feet to get there. and as for the light, I saw it go on the wall that was beside the window, and I'm quite a few stories up (6), I dont get any other light from cars in here. I didn't have a cat, and I have never found a trace of a mouse. Oh well, I hope that there is rational explanations, because, it still creeps me out to this day. My grandfather once said that he saw ball lightning, and everyone beleived him, but when I told everyone that I thought thas what I saw, no one beleived me :?

Ghyeynne,

Don't let it get you down when people don't believe you. When people haven't experienced poltergeist activity themselves, it's just really hard for them to understand that you've already looked desperately for natural explanations.

I lived in two houses with activity. I actually think my mother is a bit of a ghost magnet. She's a high energy personality. Your story was eerily similar to my experience in the first house, because there would be long breaks between activity then events that were impossible to explain: apparitions with multiple witnesses, shaking cabinets, a handprint that was impossible to wash off the wall but that disappeared on it's own, sounds of violence in an empty room. It all sounds like a Hollywood movie, but when the events are spaced so far apart, and they're happening in broad daylight with people around, you don't run screaming like the Lutz's in Amityville. You look for an explanation, talk about it, go "huh" and then worry later on at night when it's time to turn out the lights.

I've never seen ball lightning myself, but I've read articles that say that it exists and can even be produced in the lab.

I do think that the hairspray can was just leaky, since it happened to you and to your mother in law in a short period of time, so I assume it was the same can it popped off of if it was on it - there is enough pressure to send it that distance - "Hair spray has alchohol in it also, but it also contains large amounts of propane, butane, and isobutane as propellants (gases under so much pressure that they are liquids in the can, and turn to gas at the nozzle)"
http://www.scitoys.com/scitoys/scitoys/ ... ermo2.html

I've seen some hairspray caps that have a small hole on top, I suppose to vent out the gases in case there are leaks.

If the shelf was perfectly level and not near a source of vibration, (even loudspeakers) I can think of another explanation.
If you were burning candles in the martini glasses, there might have been a break in the stem caused by thermal expansion.

Back