• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cremation

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
A BBC poll in 2016 said 75 % of Brits get cremated.

A recent poll in the U.S. as seen cremation jump to 51 % because of expense of funeral costs.

A back to nature burial being buried in a mushroom suit is gaining popularity.

You have to live forever because you can not afford to die !

A BBC poll in 2016 said 75 % of Brits get cremated.

A recent poll in the U.S. as seen cremation jump to 51 % because of expense of funeral costs.

A back to nature burial being buried in a mushroom suit is gaining popularity.

You have to live forever because you can not afford to die !
Brits have preferred cremation for many years. It is seen as modern and hygienic.

It's also linked to a decline in participation in organised religion. Once people stop believing they need their body intact for Judgment Day they are free to consider cremation.

Cremation came to my home town in the 1950s and was very much welcomed. My own paternal grandmother, born around 1900, was a Spiritualist and was delighted about it. She believed the body to be a shell for the spirit, to be disposed of rather than revered after death.

We have threads on this. :)

... My own paternal grandmother, born around 1900, was a Spiritualist ...
I read that as your own paternal grandmother "was a Satanist" - got to get new glasses...
I originally read it as "Spit-ritualist" - a member of the obscure sect that practices slow rotisserie cremation. :thought:

She urned it!

FB_IMG_1667262706598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back