• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cruelty To Animals

It seemed like her partner was in the car. I'm guessing they were having an argument and she probably threw the dog over to prove that she was being serious about something. A psychopath - the boyfriend should run away while she is in jail.

'Tradition', in and of itself, is not a good reason to preserve something. A lot of abhorrent practices are traditional. Some traditions aren't worth saving.

My responses have been puns on goats, I'm not actually supporting feeding live goats to Komodo Dragons.

My responses have been puns on goats, I'm not actually supporting feeding live goats to Komodo Dragons.
They weren’t bred specifically for the dragons,but when you visited you were offered one for sale if you would like to see the dragons (there was around 5 or 6 I recall) eat live prey,simpler times back then.

I'm sure your pet Komodo will be disappointed with you saying that, it's now going to be a bit hungry. Watch out.

Chinese immigrant Alice Wang, also known as Scarlet Blake, who had been charged (unbelievably) with criminal damage for torturing and killing cats, has progressed to murdering humans and will be sentenced on Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-68360122

Cat-killer Fangze Wang aka Alice Wang aka Scarlet Blake, who progressed to human-killer gets 24 years in gaol.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-to-life-for-oxford-as-part-of-sexual-fantasy

Cat-killer Fangze Wang aka Alice Wang aka Scarlet Blake, who progressed to human-killer gets 24 years in gaol.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-to-life-for-oxford-as-part-of-sexual-fantasy

The killer was not a biological woman. it's worth reading this:

Blake, who is a transgender woman, led him to a secluded riverbank where he was hit on the back of the head with a vodka bottle, strangled and then pushed into the River Cherwell, where he drowned.

During her evidence, she claimed she had a fragmented personality, which included being a cat, and miaowed at the jury to show how she would interact with friends.

During the sentencing, the judge told Blake she had an “obsession with harm and death”.

“You attributed your morbid interests to a split or dissociative personality using the language of psychiatry or psychoanalysis,” the judge said. “You talked about the difficulties you had had since transitioning in childhood, to live as a woman, and about your troubled relationship with your parents. All of this was part of an elaborate attempt to rationalise what you had done and shift responsibility to others. There is no evidence that you suffer from any relevant mental illness or other mental disorder. What you did is not the fault of a society that didn’t accept you. It is not the fault of your parents.”

CCTV footage shows Blake – wearing a heavy-duty coat and a mask and carrying a backpack – walking around the city centre before approaching Martin Carreno, who was sitting down. Inside her bag she was carrying a “murder kit”, which included a garrotte and a leopard-print dressing-gown cord, as well as a vodka bottle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/scarlet-blake-jorge-carreno-murder-b2500765.html

images.jpg

Text messages and images showed Blake’s obsession with death and murder
(Thames Valley Police )

The killer was not a biological woman. it's worth reading this:

Blake, who is a transgender woman, led him to a secluded riverbank where he was hit on the back of the head with a vodka bottle, strangled and then pushed into the River Cherwell, where he drowned.

During her evidence, she claimed she had a fragmented personality, which included being a cat, and miaowed at the jury to show how she would interact with friends.

During the sentencing, the judge told Blake she had an “obsession with harm and death”.

“You attributed your morbid interests to a split or dissociative personality using the language of psychiatry or psychoanalysis,” the judge said. “You talked about the difficulties you had had since transitioning in childhood, to live as a woman, and about your troubled relationship with your parents. All of this was part of an elaborate attempt to rationalise what you had done and shift responsibility to others. There is no evidence that you suffer from any relevant mental illness or other mental disorder. What you did is not the fault of a society that didn’t accept you. It is not the fault of your parents.”

CCTV footage shows Blake – wearing a heavy-duty coat and a mask and carrying a backpack – walking around the city centre before approaching Martin Carreno, who was sitting down. Inside her bag she was carrying a “murder kit”, which included a garrotte and a leopard-print dressing-gown cord, as well as a vodka bottle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/scarlet-blake-jorge-carreno-murder-b2500765.html

View attachment 74273
Text messages and images showed Blake’s obsession with death and murder
(Thames Valley Police )
Will be interesting to see whether he/she/it is sent to a male or female prison.
I recall that Scottish rapist Adam Graham dressed in pink, wore a long blond wig and said he identified as a woman, and was initially sent to a woman's gaol, but was transferred to a men's gaol following widespread public outrage notably from women's groups.
Wherever Mr/Mrs Wang ends up, I hope it will be extremely unpleasant.

Q
Will be interesting to see whether he/she/it is sent to a male or female prison.
I recall that Scottish rapist Adam Graham dressed in pink, wore a long blond wig and said he identified as a woman, and was initially sent to a woman's gaol, but was transferred to a men's gaol following widespread public outrage notably from women's groups.
Wherever Mr/Mrs Wang ends up, I hope it will be extremely unpleasant.
Male prison it seems:

http://digitaleditions.telegraph.co...d/0/package/1624/pub/1624/page/23/article/NaN

Truly distressing.

Ringleader of global monkey torture network, 'The Torture King', is charged​

Joel Gunter/BBC File image of Michael Macartney at his home in Virginia. He stands in front of a wall decked out with various flags
Joel Gunter/BBC
"Torture King" Michael Macartney - pictured at his home in Virginia - is facing up to five years in prison on animal abuse charges

A ringleader in a global monkey torture network exposed by the BBC has been charged by US federal prosecutors.

Michael Macartney, 50, who went by the alias "Torture King", was charged in Virginia with conspiracy to create and distribute animal-crushing videos.

Mr Macartney was one of three key distributors identified by the BBC Eye team during a year-long investigation into sadistic monkey torture groups.

Two women have also been charged in the UK following the investigation.

Warning: This article contains disturbing content

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68716467

Truly distressing.

Ringleader of global monkey torture network, 'The Torture King', is charged​

Joel Gunter/BBC File image of Michael Macartney at his home in Virginia. He stands in front of a wall decked out with various flags
Joel Gunter/BBC
"Torture King" Michael Macartney - pictured at his home in Virginia - is facing up to five years in prison on animal abuse charges

A ringleader in a global monkey torture network exposed by the BBC has been charged by US federal prosecutors.

Michael Macartney, 50, who went by the alias "Torture King", was charged in Virginia with conspiracy to create and distribute animal-crushing videos.

Mr Macartney was one of three key distributors identified by the BBC Eye team during a year-long investigation into sadistic monkey torture groups.

Two women have also been charged in the UK following the investigation.

Warning: This article contains disturbing content

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68716467

I've just been reading about this on Reddit. I was aware that this was a 'thing' after watching the YouTube channel Nexpo which featured a video named something along the lines of 'The Most Disturbing Things On YouTube'
This truly is the stuff of nightmares and illustrates that there is no depth of depravity that man (and woman as it turns out) will not stoop to, particularly when both money and extreme fetishism go hand in hand.
There's long been suspicion that the seemingly innocent animal rescue videos (mostly from South East Asian countries) found on Facebook etc, that feature near drowned cats, dogs and entrapped monkeys are made by deliberately placing the poor creatures in the predicaments where they are then 'found' and 'saved'. It's said that the more extreme the situation, the more views and the greater the monetization.
One thing has then led to another.
The entire situation is despicable and makes my skin crawl.
I hope justice is served.

I've just been reading about this on Reddit. I was aware that this was a 'thing' after watching the YouTube channel Nexpo which featured a video named something along the lines of 'The Most Disturbing Things On YouTube'
This truly is the stuff of nightmares and illustrates that there is no depth of depravity that man (and woman as it turns out) will not stoop to, particularly when both money and extreme fetishism go hand in hand.
There's long been suspicion that the seemingly innocent animal rescue videos (mostly from South East Asian countries) found on Facebook etc, that feature near drowned cats, dogs and entrapped monkeys are made by deliberately placing the poor creatures in the predicaments where they are then 'found' and 'saved'. It's said that the more extreme the situation, the more views and the greater the monetization.
One thing has then led to another.
The entire situation is despicable and makes my skin crawl.
I hope justice is served.
"I Totally agree."

Appalling savagery. Lest anyone suggest it was staged the British Hound Sports Association have already suspended the Cotswold Hunt. Foxes do cause problems for farmers and it is legitimate to shoot such animals which are preying on poultry etc. But there is no excuse for the barbarous practice of burying foxes alive or tossing them to hounds.

A hunt has been suspended over alleged illegal practices after a video emerged of a fox appearing to be found buried alive inside a bag.

Footage appears to show hunt saboteurs rescuing the fox from a man-made den before a hunt member calls hounds away on the Miserden Estate on 18 March.

The Cotswold Hunt has been suspended by the British Hound Sports Association (BHSA) which says it is investigating.

Gloucestershire Police has also confirmed that it is investigating.

The footage captured by the Cirencester Illegal Hunt Watch was first shown by Channel 4 News on Tuesday. The group has claimed the video shows the illegal practice of "fox-bagging" - where a fox is captured, trapped and then released for hounds to chase during a hunt.

WARNING: Images below may cause distress
Hunt saboteurs allegedly discovered the fox in a bag
IMAGE SOURCE, CHANNEL 4 NEWS Image caption, Hunt saboteurs allegedly discovered the fox in a bag buried under the ground

Wildlife rescue experts were called to the scene and confirmed that the fox was a female, possibly lactating at the time of discovery. The bag it was found in was "sodden" with urine having possibly been trapped for many hours, the group said.

Gloucestershire Police rural crime team leader, Insp Simon Ellson, said: "We take all reports of illegal fox hunting very seriously.

"Our rural crime officers have gathered evidence in relation to this case and will pursue any offenders. If you see any rural crime in action please do contact police."

The allegations come just a month after Wiltshire-based Avon Vale Hunt was after footage appearing to show a fox being dug out of its den and thrown to hounds was posted online.

Still from the Avon Vale Hunt video

Image caption, Footage from the Avon Vale Hunt showed a fox being pulled out of its den and tossed to hounds

It has been illegal to hunt foxes in England since 2004 but hunts are permitted to simulate a chase by following a pre-laid scent, which is known as trail hunting.

A BHSA spokesperson said it has launched an immediate investigation following allegations being made against one of its member hunts.

"The seriousness of these allegations has resulted in the Cotswold Hunt being suspended from the BHSA whilst an investigation is conducted. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-65109098
Anyone who thinks UK hunts are doing what they claim "trail hunting" - probably doesn't live in the countryside...

They all want prosecuting like your standard person would be, under animal cruelty laws, even when they claim to "accidentally" kill a fox. Sabs are using drones now to document some of the stuff they get upto.

My grandad (farmer) raised hounds for a local hunt for some time (he needed the money and one of them was the farm's landlord). He loathed them with a passion, as we were raised to, before anyone thinks I'm a sentimental townie. I don't believe for a second there is a single hunt left in the UK that hasn't killed foxes since the ban. We need harsher laws. (And foxes were a problem he'd take a shotgun to, himself, humanely - no need for a bunch of nutters to ride roughshod across all your arable to do it in a crueller way. There never was a need).

My nuts ex neighbour who the RSPCA got to court for animal cruelty apparently told the Inspector during her interview with him: "I know all about dogs. I used to go hare coursing..." I hope she got a chance to mention that in court. One cruelty leads to others. Would save a lot of time for the courts if the whole thing was properly banned.

Anyone who thinks UK hunts are doing what they claim "trail hunting" - probably doesn't live in the countryside...

They all want prosecuting like your standard person would be, under animal cruelty laws, even when they claim to "accidentally" kill a fox. Sabs are using drones now to document some of the stuff they get upto.

My grandad (farmer) raised hounds for a local hunt for some time (he needed the money and one of them was the farm's landlord). He loathed them with a passion, as we were raised to, before anyone thinks I'm a sentimental townie. I don't believe for a second there is a single hunt left in the UK that hasn't killed foxes since the ban. We need harsher laws. (And foxes were a problem he'd take a shotgun to, himself, humanely - no need for a bunch of nutters to ride roughshod across all your arable to do it in a crueller way. There never was a need).

My nuts ex neighbour who the RSPCA got to court for animal cruelty apparently told the Inspector during her interview with him: "I know all about dogs. I used to go hare coursing..." I hope she got a chance to mention that in court. One cruelty leads to others. Would save a lot of time for the courts if the whole thing was properly banned.
Couldn't agree more!

I'm also a country girl, born and bred, and I love horse riding and dogs, but I despise hunting with a passion.

My paternal grandfather worked on a farm (they had a LOT of chickens, although my grandad was a horseman), and he also hated hunting, as did the farmer he worked for: he never allowed the hunt on his land.

Couldn't agree more!

I'm also a country girl, born and bred, and I love horse riding and dogs, but I despise hunting with a passion.

My paternal grandfather worked on a farm (they had a LOT of chickens, although my grandad was a horseman), and he also hated hunting, as did the farmer he worked for: he never allowed the hunt on his land.
Yes, when we lost a load of hens to a fox (killed them all but only took one), my dad blamed himself for his crap DIY (fencebuilding) skills and the fact he'd forgot to check the little sliding door thing in the hen hut was fully shut, which allowed Reynard to get in. It's your own bad management if your hens get killed. It was always disingenuous of hunts to claim they were doing the countryside a favour, somehow, by ridding them of a menace. If a fox has got your chickens, chances are you're doing it wrong.

Until hunters who "accidentally" kill foxes are prosecuted in precisely the same way as the bloke on the council estate who kicks dogs - the law banning fox hunting is not being respected. And although the sentences were extended several years back in reality, if you read cruelty cases online (I did, when trying to get a sense of the sentence my ex neighbour might get) you see a custodial sentence for animal cruelty is actually still quite rare. Most of them get suspended or not even that, just a fine. My neighbour got a 5 year ban from keeping a dog (why not lifetime? What's going to change in 5 years?), no suspended sentence, and a fine that came to around £1000. He systematically tortured a puppy for weeks and a previous dog "vanished" one day which the RSPCA knew about but couldn't even mention in court. The sentencing needs to be much heavier as well as applied to everyone, not just some.

Last edited:
Yes, when we lost a load of hens to a fox (killed them all but only took one)
People often mis-understand foxes; they're not 'cruel' or 'vicious' and they don't 'kill for fun', they're 'cache killers'.

Being a wild animal is very precarious, you don't know where your next meal might come from, so if you come across a good food source, it makes perfect sense to kill everything while you have the opportunity, take what you can, and come back for the rest later.

Back