• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cryptozoology A-Z Help

Sertile

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Does anyone happen to have a copy of Cryptozoology A-Z by Loren Coleman on hand? I ask, because there's something I recall reading in my copy (which is about 1300 miles away) that may be of benefit to me at the moment.

A brief explanation - I'm currently working in the archaeology department at Grand Canyon Natl. Park. I was recently given the opportunity to tour the museum collection, and a certain animal caught my eye. It was similar to a ferret, but the curator informed me that it had yet to be identified by any of the biologists who inspected it over the years. This reminded me of a story from A-Z, which - if I remember correctly - was of an unknown species of wolf of big dog that had also appeared in the Grand Canyon's collection some time ago.

If anyone could give me any information about the wolf, or at least verify that it was kept at the canyon and I'm not confusing it with Yellowstone or some other park, it would be a big help. The collection was recently moved to a new storage facility, so if the wolf is still here the curators should know exactly where it is. Thank you.

Any idea where it was listed? There's no entry for Wolf, dog yellowstone or Grand Canyon.

Gordon

Alright, I did what research I could through Google and came up with the name "Shunka Warak’in," which I believe to be the creature in question. Unfortunately, it seems that I was right about it being near Yellowstone and NOT the Grand Canyon, which effectively brings my inquiry to a close.

I apologize, but it's been several years since I read A-Z. I must have just gotten my western parks mixed up :)

Back