• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cup Final Predictions!

Who will win the Cup Final

• Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea

• Drawn game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Who will win, Arsenal or Chelsea?

A Poll to test FT'ers psychic abilities!

Or just a bit of fun.

Just vote - no need to reply unless you really want to, because I'll delete this thread just before kick-off, having taken a screen shot of the poll results first. Then I'll post that in this Parapsychology forum, and you can add any comments there.

Uh, is this another soccer thing?

How do I always wander into these threads? It's an international one, you know! Throw us a friggin' bone.

Since I have no perspective on your rankings or teams, I'll just pass my little message that when it comes to baseball, our Minnesota Twins are in 1st place, and have the best home record in the entire league.

Thank you.

At least I made my position clear.

Ha ha.

For those international Forteans who may be a little confused...

This is a trick question. Oh, Rynner, you wag, you.

Just click where it says Arsenal. :p

[/legs it]

For the benefit of those poor souls in the benighted outer regions of the world, the Cup Final is the concluding game of a knockout football (=soccer) competition.

Several hundred teams start off in the competition, and they are whittled down round by round until just two teams are left.

As it happens, this year the finalists are both London teams. If it helps your psychic powers any, Arsenal normally play in Red, and Chelsea in Blue.
(I always suppor the team in blue, er, except when Arsenal are playing! :D )

In terms of sporting importance, I guess the American Superbowl would be a parallel

BTW, kick-off is 3 pm BST.

(Soccer does sometimes get ugly, but this story about an incident in the Australian version of football makes the eyes water! )

There's just no escape from it is there? Not even here! :mad:

Knowing nothing of the game, nor even that there was a match today, and caring less, I have cast my random vote having pondered the question briefly and gone with the feeling.

Verily, the Uncarved Block of the Tao!

8¬)

Okay. I've cast my vote and will also send general happy-feeling towards my chosen team! Eat your heart out, Uri.

Jane.

If they drew, wouldn't it go into extra time or something? Or penalties? You should have a fourth option for "don't give a f***":)

The point is, caring or not, can we PREDICT the outcome?

come now smile and choose!

8¬)

.... and another more fortean option "game cancelled due to alien invasion"!

Jane.

beakboo said:
You should have a fourth option for "don't give a f***":)
Now, now! That's a Red Card for you! Early bath, and go direct to the Whinging thread...

For those who do care, however, some facts about today's match are here, including the fact that the game is being broadcast live to about 150 different countries. (I watched one Cup Final in France, in 1990, I think!)

And yes, you can forget the Drawn Game option - if it's level at full time it goes to extra time, and then, if necessary, to a Penalty Shoot-Out, so there will be a result!

One Fortean aspect to this final - Arsenal have drawn the 'lucky' changing room! Apparently all the winning teams since the millennium stadium opened have used this changing room....

Penalty shoot out! How ridiculous is that? Makes you wonder why they bother with the game in the first place; just have the shoot out and be done with it. :D Or how about just flipping a coin?

I reckon they ought to dispense with the football bit altogether and just let the "fans" wade into each other on the pitch! The side with the most still able to walk after 90 minutes wins!

Now that would be worth watching! :D

Whistles up! It's another RED CARD!

For what it's worth, The Arsenal website predicts a 2-1 win for them, while on the Chelsea website nearly 66% of those who voted think they will win!

Well, a pathetic turn-out on the poll - there were more replies than votes! I shall have to follow our Tone and think about making voting compulsory...

For what it's worth, the pre-start returns are attached:

Who will win, Arsenal or Chelsea?

Manchester Utd will........I saw the result on a chip in the plate of fish and chips i had at dinner

As predicted...

[Warning: If you don't want to know the score, look away now].

*Sings. To the tune of 'Go West'...* Two nil to the Arsenal...:D

Nice Av, C!

Nice result, Arsenal (but Chelsea made us work for it).

Good game, two great goals.

(I guess this'll cost me a packet down JW's later!)

Oh, now I get it, you were talking about the other cup final, not the Old Firm one......

Back