• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dead Eyed Dick... anyone heard of him (wild west pulp hero)

A

Anonymous

ive just been doing some typeing up of a little piece i wrote some times ago. last bit was of Dead Eye Dick a Cornish bloke who went west and became a guard on the Laramie gold carrying stage... anyone heard of him?... died in Thoneycroft sanatorium california (where did doc hoiliday die/go to with TB?) it occurs to me he may have been in California working in early films like others?...any clues?

Well, I know the name, anyway. Spike Milligan mentioned that his father was a big fan of Dead Eye Dick novels in the 1930s. Don't know much about the actual guy though. Unfortunately, my copy of the 'Encyclopaedia of Gunslingers' is packed in a crate in the attic. As are most of the books I need when posting, as long term folks will recall, to their irritation.

humm only ref i can find for him is a notabley big part in the Poem Of Eskimo Nell!..... i think that dead eye dick ended up a generic term tho...

Doc Holliday died in Glenwood Springs,Colorado on Nov.8,1887.He spent his last two months in bed hacking his lungs up.

cheers wrong sanatoriam then...still wonder if there was a film conection tho..

Back