• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Deadly Toys

Like i already said you cant clearly make out what the doll is saying or trying to say.

Unless we slow the doll down :lol:

I had one of these as a child.

http://www.huckleberryib.com/product/JE ... llets.html

This had a magazine into which you loaded cartridges which were springloaded and when fired you also had a cap which fired simultaneously. The plastic bullets were about the size of a .45 calibre round and boy did they sting if one hit you! These days, if a kid went out with one, it wouldn't be long before a Police Armed response vehicle would be screeching to a halt near you.

Ginando said:
I had one of these as a child.

http://www.huckleberryib.com/product/JE ... llets.html

This had a magazine into which you loaded cartridges which were springloaded and when fired you also had a cap which fired simultaneously. The plastic bullets were about the size of a .45 calibre round and boy did they sting if one hit you! These days, if a kid went out with one, it wouldn't be long before a Police Armed response vehicle would be screeching to a halt near you.

Yeah because of the amount of shootings that happen now the police ahve to be more aware, plastic bullets or not if they hit someone in the right plasce then they can still do serious damage.

Alot of kids now have guns given to them by people or friends there is a reason you have to have a licence to carry a weapon.

Theres one thing worse than a knife bore, its a gun bore...

But seriously, on another forum, a person was telling about the offensive weapons act, and its interesting how many of these devices (mostly of the catagory more-danger-to-user-than-anyone-else) are availible in toy form.

Yeah i know what you mean, there is way too much copies of things around that are in the offensive weapons act, and i dont think its going to change anytime soon do you?

Kondoru said:
Im not saying its bad, just curious

No your right its not always dangerous if the kids are taught its only a toy!

look at all the poor kids that get murdered or killed by accident.

My husband remembers being given a set like this for his birthday when he was five.

http://mkn.co.uk/toy/build/juniorcarpenter

I know it clearly says these are not toys but i think thats a moot point if you don't have an inch of unmolested woodwork in your house due to kids playing with this set.

But that's a great thing! All you have to do is give it to a kid who's old enough to use it. Keep it in the shed or garage with the grown-up tools and teach proper use.

You don't just give a kid a tool, or a crayon for that matter, and turn him loose with no guidance. You instruct him in proper use and then turn him loose.

Coming from a gun-owning culture, as I do, I can tell you that the problem with toy guns is exactly the same as the problem with real guns - irresponsible ownership. If you have real guns around you might as well start the kid with a cap gun and insist on learning proper gun safety with them before you take them hunting or skeet shooting.

My brother and our cousin used to take rolls of caps and explode them by hitting them with rocks out on the back steps.

It is great but it is dangerous plaything too.

Im sure that if lots of the toys mentioned on this thread where always used after proper instruction and under adult supervision they would be safe(r).
Also no matter how good your instructions are accidents happen or kids get bored and start using things incorrectly in the two seconds your back is turned.

IMHO the problem with guns is that they are designed to injure and kill and as i said accidents happen.

BTW we also used to hit caps with a hammer to make them explode or burn them with a magnifying glass. There was also cap rockets too that you threw up in the air to explode the caps on the ground. It really hurts if one of those hits you on the head.

As a kid, I used to have a few robots and cars made of tin plate that, with normal wear and tear, could have put a 4 blade razor to shame in the close shave department.

Also no matter how good your instructions are accidents happen or kids get bored and start using things incorrectly in the two seconds your back is turned

i agree were kids are concered there is always gonna be accidents when it comes to toys and bordom. and the fact that they get amused quiet easily too.

IMHO the problem with guns is that they are designed to injure and kill and as i said accidents happen.

thats how some of these poor children end up getting killed that we see on the news and read in the papers, i agree they are designed that way and children in my opinion are never gonna be safe around dangerous weapons like guns and knifes.

goth13girl666 said:
Also no matter how good your instructions are accidents happen or kids get bored and start using things incorrectly in the two seconds your back is turned

i agree were kids are concered there is always gonna be accidents when it comes to toys and bordom. and the fact that they get amused quiet easily too.

thats how some of these poor children end up getting killed that we see on the news and read in the papers, i agree they are designed that way and children in my opinion are never gonna be safe around dangerous weapons like guns and knifes.

Actually kids can be taught about weapons.

tonyblair11 said:
goth13girl666 said:

Actually kids can be taught about weapons.

yes i agree they can be taught about weapons, but it all depends on who teaches them!

kids should be more concerned with playing and having fun than weapons.

Back