• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Derek Acorah Q+A II

Perhaps Sam has developed RSI.

Seriously, I don't know. Most likely we're waiting on replies.

I can't imagine that, with the kind of questions we were asking, he was all that anxious to get on with them!

I guess his ghost writer hasn't got round to them yet...

liveinabin1 said:
I can't imagine that, with the kind of questions we were asking, he was all that anxious to get on with them!

Good point, last time I checked, I dont think there where any he would have been comfortable answering :)

I would hope that Derek (and failing that Gwen) Acorah has enough common sense to realise that he wouldn't get the 'When did you first realise you had a gift?' type questions from a forum such as this.

:twisted:

RealPaZZa said:
The end of the week has passed, but where is the article????

The questions were passed onto Gordon Smith to answer, who passed them onto David Wells, hence the delay.

Hey, I missed all the questions that were asked. Why can't we keep the thread with all the questions for people like me who missed them. I'd like to know what questions were put forward but now I have to wait until the answers [and that won't include ALL of the questions].
:?

Dingo667 said:
Hey, I missed all the questions that were asked.
They were mainly variations on "How do you feel about profiting from others' grief?", which is fair enough, in my book.

It'll be fun to see how far those questions have to be edited before Degsy will deign to give us a response.

My question was first. It was 'Where are your legs, Degs?'

I have the MH 'behind the scenes' book, and a stiff read it is too. :D

escargot1 said:

:shock:

I hope you picked it up from a car boot for 20 pence?
I cannot believe anyone would give that book the time of day. I mean, they struggle to muster up any interest in FRONT of the scenes never mind behind.

:roll:

escargot1 said:

Let us gather with torches in the square , march, harangue her at her castle door and demand we burn her WH Smith's points card.

Or at least exchange it for a good dvd!

Not Most Haunted.(':no-no:')

Bring on the answers! To the questions!

mooks

PS Belated question - "Have you contacted any dead celebs?"

Well Ali.S was logged in last night (Or was it the night before?) in the small hours so I thought we might be getting a reply then, but obviously not. :?:

The MH is creepy, but not in a good way. :lol:

R'rinstance, the 'Where's me legs?' scene is described with added detail such as Degs' three days of suffering afterwards (Gwen wanted to take him to hospital but he gamely refused) and 'white patches' on his thighs.

It is printed in large text too, like a lower junior school book. Takes up more space when you've less to say. ;)

And yup, 20p, bargain. 8)

Dead people never say anything very interesting anyway. My grandma told everyone at a seance about how I used to eat all her chocolates and hide all the wrappers. Thanks for that grandma. Nice and embarrassing! (and the thing is, it was actually true!!!)

After watching a documentary on the subject of ghostbusters, I would have liked to asked Derek whether he has ever used 'Mood Slime' and whether the songs of Jackie Wilson can have a positive effect on dispelling an evil prescence.

I've thought of one too now. :p Why is it that seemingly hundreds of 'normal' people (Ie, non psychic, ect.) receive visitations of deceased relatives, but not hundreds of others?

:lol: Grandparents, even funnier dead than alive!
On one of the handful of occasions that I've been to a Spiri church, I was apparently given a public apology by my nasty old grandfather, who'd been horrible to me in life.

Erm, yeah, thanks and all that, Grandad, but your're dead now. I forgot about you years ago. :roll:

The reason 'ordinary' people get messages/visits, as I've had it explained to me, is that things have to be right. ;)

As an analogy, if you go to town on the bus, you have to have your coat and shoes on, your money in hand, and be at the bus stop on time.
Whereas if your mate goes past in a car, you can get a lift, much quicker, for free.

Of course, a really clever person would pay all their bills and do the shopping online, so they'd just stay at home instead. ;)

so here we are at the end of another week and still no sign...I reckon he took one look and told them where to stick them :lol:

I did tell him he has a cool voice, and asked him where he got his loverly accent. :yeay:

I really do hope he responds....I would kind of like to hear what he has to say!

Speaking of grandparents---while I am generally very skeptical (of psychic phenomena, not grandparents lol!), my grandmother (who was a devout Christian) used to say she had the "second sight", which she attributed to her Scots-Irish ancestry.

She could have been mistaken, of course, but I don't think my grandmother ever told a lie in her whole life--which lasted for 95 years BTW!!! :blissed:

And I was just wondering--whatever became of John Edward?!? I don't know if his show ever made it to Britain, but here in the States it was extremely popular for quite awhile-I think it was called "Crossing Over"?? Edward claimed to be a psychic who could talk to your dead relatives--he had a studio audience and would randomly (??) pick people out and give them "messages" from deceased loved ones.

But it seems that John Edward has now disappeared! Anybody know where he went???

Maybe a resident psychic could contact him spiritually and ask if he's okay?? :laughing:

P.S. Okay, I have a confession to make.

I just got thru watching MH. :oops: Yes, we get it here every Friday night on the Travel Channel. I don't know what the ratings are exactly, but I believe it's one of that channel's most popular shows.

I enjoy watching it. :wince: Okay, it might not be Shakespeare or great cinema, but I admit I get a kick out of it.

What can I say? I've always loved a good ghost story--true or not!!

:_omg: Here come the enraged (Fortean) villagers with their flaming torches and pitchforks!!!!!!!! :eek!!!!:

Gotta run!!!! :madeyes:

John Edward's 'gift' seems to be entirely dedicated towards making moolah.
His website, unlike most of that type, doesn't offer anything free - no general psychic advice, little talks about contacting angels, meditation tips... none of that empirically-grounded stuff that fills you with confidence. ;)

He is still seen here in the UK, I think, on daytime TV along with Colin 'Trumpet' Fry.

So where is Derek then??? :shock:

Have he and Sam slipped thru a timewarp when we weren't watching or something?! :twisted:

He's still waiting for the Spirit World to give him the sanswers.

Such rare talent can't be rushed y' know.....

-

synchronicity said:
I did tell him he has a cool voice, and asked him where he got his loverly accent. :yeay:

He's a Scouser, yer know lique, living near Southport (d' posh bit) just outside that there Liverpool.

Al'righ der lar? Waque! Stop reckin' me swede or al' 'ave ya!

Back