• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Did Mr. Belvedere Sit On His Testicles?

MrRING

Android Futureman
This one is either a joke, an actual legend believed to have happened, or it really happened. It is brought up many times in various episodes of the Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast:

https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/

According to Gilbert, he was on the lot shooting a different show when a call went around saying that filming of Mr. Belvedere was being halted because star Christopher Hewett accidentally sat on his testicles.

The case against it being real:
- Gilbert is a comedian, and this could just be an elaborate gag
- I can't find any evidence of this story outside of Gilbert.

The case that it might have happened:
- He actually does talk about numerous real things that have happened, including funny ones, and weird ones.
- He treats it as a real thing that happened.

What says the fine folks here at Forteana? Total fakery, or might it have happened?

He might have got caught in a slatted chair. I've seen this happen, so I say FACT.

Wasn't there a famous incident where a German naturist had this problem? I'm picturing one of those plastic patio chairs on a hot day.

(When I had a job where I was legally accountable for my work keys and had them attached to my person at all times I was careful not to let them dangle between chair slats and get stuck.

It happened once and I was reduced to carrying the chair with as much dignity as I could muster, and also without letting my charges know what was wrong, off to somewhere quiet where I could wrestle with it in private. I still shudder at the memory.)

Wasn't there a famous incident where a German naturist had this problem? I'm picturing one of those plastic patio chairs on a hot day.

The incident I witnessed did indeed take place on a very hot day, but the bloke it happened to was wearing trousers. Underpants, I can't say but he didn't half scream.

According to this online article: https://kentuckysportsradio.com/pop...-of-the-funniest-snl-related-story-ever-told/
... the basic story about Hewett's accidental self-injury is true, but the story's details vary across multiple retellings over the decades.
I knew ya'll were the nuts to bring this tale of infamy to. After I could stop myself laughing (this is very funny to me - particularly as somebody who knows the pain of injury to that area) - but the interesting piece is that the story has two versions at least, so it seems like something happaened to Mr. Belvedere's lads, but exactly how is still a mystery!

Knackers are remarkably resilient things, despite even a nudge to them making us chaps howl. The poor guy who sat on his must have really given them a thwack to be off work for a week.

After WW2, Allied interrogators had a fondness for standing on suspected war criminals' balls, which unsurprisingly often meant swift signatures on "confessions". However, those men under questioning who were made of sterner stuff got to know that, although excrutiating, the pain would soon pass and the old family jewels would soon bounce back to rude health in a short space of time - thanks to the way they are made up. I'm told they are like those balls made from loads of elastic bands dropped by postmen.
The tipping point was apparently when the organs underfoot would make a loud noise like celery being crushed, that was when the many strands and vessels that make up a testicle were being permanently damaged and would need to be surgically removed.

Personally, I'd have confessed to ANYTHING at the first hint of any knacker-whacking, no-one would have needed to step on them.

It's certainly something that's more likely to happen the older you get...

This thread has made me wonder - do we have a thread on Harvey Weinstein's genitalia?

Agree, the Gilbert Gottfried podcasts have some incredible anecdotes.

Nick Nolte used to tell the media he had an operation called a "Testicle Tuck" because he kept sitting on his unusually low hanging balls.
But this tale was a prank...not sure why he did it, there is nothing funny about it!

Ian Fleming propagated the myth that sumo wrestlers could suck their testicles up into their body for protection (they actually move them out of the danger zone manually and secure them with that loin cloth thing). "Tucking" is pushing the testicles up into the inguinal canal, with the associated bit, and securing them in place with tape and/or firm underwear, practised by some transgendered people, drag Queens and others to achieve a smooth undercarriage.

I saw this thread title. :oops: Once I read the comments I was so happy that Clifton Webb was safe.

"Tucking" is pushing the testicles up into the inguinal canal, with the associated bit, and securing them in place with tape and/or firm underwear, practised by some transgendered people, drag Queens and others to achieve a smooth undercarriage.
I think that male hunters in some tribes around the world do something similar but I can't find a source.

There was a case a few years back were a American refused to get off a aircraft that landed
in the UK, he was adamant he was not getting out of his seat and wanted to be flown back
to the USA after much coaxing it turned out he had been to the bog and got his bits cought in
his zip and could not face anyone but a fellow American sorting it out.

Last edited:
From George Melly's 'Owning Up' (chapter 6) :
20200216_144526.jpg

A former colleague, also paraplegic, confirmed this happens a lot if carers aren't careful, esp with hoists.

Incidentally, this is a genuine library angel moment. I got the book from the shelf, and though I knew very roughly where this would be (it's part three of a trilogy in the omnibus edition), the book fell open at the exact page of 600. And not just because I obsessively read about Little Jeff's balls.

I was at school with a lad who had a terrible - although not as bad as it could have been - accident while sliding down a flagpole in our local park. He had a bit of an argument with the cleat used for tying off the line towards the bottom of the pole.

He was - and for all I know still is - known as 'Twobags'.

I was at school with a lad who had a terrible - although not as bad as it could have been - accident while sliding down a flagpole in our local park. He had a bit of an argument with the cleat used for tying off the line towards the bottom of the pole. ...

There was a similar tale told about a boy attending my high school many years before me. "Everyone" knew the story, but I was never able to confirm it was more than an urban legend.

In this case, the additional quease-inducing bit was the claim the cleat was at an elevation that required the testicularly impaled boy to stand in place, unmoving, on tiptoes for a long while until medical assistance arrived.

There was a similar tale told about a boy attending my high school many years before me. "Everyone" knew the story, but I was never able to confirm it was more than an urban legend...

The flagpole slide was a rite of passage at my school - along with climbing the local hospital's domed roof. I'm actually amazed that more of us didn't get crippled. 'Twobags' made no bones (no pun intended) about his injury - in fact, I remember that he seemed more pissed off about ruining a pair of white jeans (it was the 80's - you'll have to forgive him). And I believe that his new found notoriety made him a popular subject matter for some local girls of a more inquisitive nature.

There was a similar tale told about a boy attending my high school many years before me. "Everyone" knew the story, but I was never able to confirm it was more than an urban legend.

In this case, the additional quease-inducing bit was the claim the cleat was at an elevation that required the testicularly impaled boy to stand in place, unmoving, on tiptoes for a long while until medical assistance arrived.
Same here, no idea if true or not, the story goes he fell off the cross bar of a goal post and hung upside down by his nut sack that was caught on a hook securing the netting.

Last edited:
Back