• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Disapearing Red Plane

joeosker

Devoted Cultist
Just back from a fab 2 weeks in Florida doing the parks,I'm sitting outside the Jimmy Falon ride in Universal sipping coke waiting for the oh and urchin to come out of his new ride looking right toward the entrance,up in the sky there's a small plane turning left to right ,it's well below cloud level above and behind that is a red airliner going right to left it passes into (or behind ) a small cloud and doesn't appear on the other side ,in the few seconds it should take ,I've a pic of the cloud taken about 3 mins after(I'll upload as soon as I can work out how to)

IMG_3587.JPG
Found it
Just back from a fab 2 weeks in Florida doing the parks,I'm sitting outside the Jimmy Falon ride in Universal sipping coke waiting for the oh and urchin to come out of his new ride looking right toward the entrance,up in the sky there's a small plane turning left to right ,it's well below cloud level above and behind that is a red airliner going right to left it passes into (or behind ) a small cloud and doesn't appear on the other side ,in the few seconds it should take ,I've a pic of the cloud taken about 3 mins after(I'll upload as soon as I can work out how to)

Maybe it turned and flew off on a course that kept it on the other side of the cloud, relative to you.

INT21

Back in the eighties I spend a while in Zimbabwe. On evening a couple of us took a friend to Harare airport en route to the UK.

Harare airport has (had ?) an observation deck where one could watch the activities going on around.

Above the horizon appeared a bright light. It kept it's position in the night sky for about 15 minute. Soon people were saying 'what the hell is that ?' . it eventually moved to one side and was shown to be attached to a 747. It was the landing light of the plane we were waiting for.
It follows that it must have been over a hundred mile away when we first saw it. And probably descending on approach to the airport hence keeping the same relative position to the observers.

INT21

Back