• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Disclosure Project

Apollo 14 astronaut claims aliens HAVE made contact - but it has been covered up for 60 years
Last updated at 1:44 AM on 24th July 2008

Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is 'not nearly as sophisticated' as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned 'we would be been gone by now'.

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.

'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

'I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit.'

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction.'

Mr Margerrison said: 'I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it.'

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... years.html

Dr Mitchell has also stated in the past
...[neither] I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the Moon, etc."
So any 'insider information' he may have been given was not given to him by NASA.

I suspect someone was winding him up.

--------------
You see, before humanity went into space, quite a few respectable scientists and thinkers thought that life might be widespread and ubiquitous in the Universe. Some thought that Mars, Venus, perhaps Jupiter and elsewhere, life could be found of one sort or another, and all we had to do was go out there and find it. Some people who made the extraordinary effort to become astronauts, people like Mitchell, and Gordon Cooper, believed that too.

The reality of space travel - space is big, and empty, and if there is any life out there it is hiding very efficiently- must have been a disappointment to some of those young idealists.

I suspect, and this is a honest if somewhat cynical suggestion on my part, that some military types and politicians (such as Barry Goldwater, perhaps) and others, knowing that Mitchell and other astronauts were enthusiastic about the prospect of life in space, simply told them a pack of lies about covert contact with extraterrestrials, as a joke. As I said earlier; a wind-up; a mickey take, a leg-pull.

If Mitchell (who also believes in ghosts and god-knows what all else) was a bit deficient in the cynicism department himself, he might have taken this light hearted japery seriously.

So, you're saying that Edgar Mitchell is a gullable idiot.

Let's face it then, we should all believe everything the American establishment, government and military tell us. Anyone on the inside who goes against the grain and who's got a different opinion and the balls to express it is obviously a blithering fool.

I'd say he's a man who's proved his bravery many times in different ways and this is one of them.

Dan

Bravery and gullibility are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Since Dr Mitchell also believes in all sorts of psychic phenomena, ghosts, and the Majestic documents, he does seem to be pretty far along the gullibility scale, yes.

He is not however brave enough to disclose his 'sources', who ever they may have been.

He is also not gullible enough to believe in the Moon Hoax; now that would be an epic feat of doublethink.

how would disclosing his sources be brave? surely it would be more foolish on his part, and life-threateningly dangerous on the part of his sources.

if he were the source to someone else, then him coming forward to name himself would be a brave step, but for him to come forward and name someone else, who has most likely expressly stated their wish to remain anonimous would have the potential to damage their livelihood.

i think your concept of bravery in this case is very off target.

Mitchell is 77; if his information dates back to the sixties, he is almost certainly long dead.

eburacum said:
Bravery and gullibility are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Since Dr Mitchell also believes in all sorts of psychic phenomena, ghosts, and the Majestic documents, he does seem to be pretty far along the gullibility scale, yes.

Well, the Majestic documents are a good example of gullibility. But when it comes to telepathy or ghosts, many people believe in them too. And the US government had its own Stargate Project.

He is not however brave enough to disclose his 'sources', who ever they may have been.

I suppose he fell to Vallée's trap number 2: he became addicted to his sources, and now is afraid to lose them if he discloses them.

He is also not gullible enough to believe in the Moon Hoax; now that would be an epic feat of doublethink.

Well, he went to the Moon (or so he told)! But there is a doublethink (and a double standard) when it comes to Mitchell and the Moon Hoax : the media cites him as a key reference when he denies the Moon Hoax; but when he says that UFOs, MJ12 or Roswell are real, they "forget" to cite him.

Maybe it's too far a step, but how about this:

Mitchell believes the whole alien thing eiether because he's seen proof or knows and trusts someone who's seen proof.
He is brave enough to come forward and announce it publicly, even though he must know he may come across as a nut case.
NASA/Government let him get on with it. What are they afraid of?
Maybe he's threatened to anoounce they didn't go to the moon!

And while I'm on it: Forgetting about the arguments about doctored photographs, one explanation given that the US hasn't put a man on the moon and brought him back since Apollo seems to be that NASA forgot how to do it! Is it really the case that they had the ability to do it 40 years ago, but haven't now?

Is it really the case that they had the ability to do it 40 years ago, but haven't now?
Yes, it really is the case. The factories that built the rockets have either shut down or no longer have the tools. This was all a very long time ago.

To make a new Saturn V rocket would require practically all the infrastructure for the construction to be rebuilt. In fact I doubt they could even make a new Shuttle today, and that is technology which is twenty years newer.

But that is nothing extraordinary- we couldn't make a new Concorde, or a new Halifax bomber, or a new Flying Scotsman without making all the machine tools once again. They don't leave them lying around, you know.

The construction of the new Orion moon rocket will have to start from scratch, and hopefully will be better than the old Saturn V.

However one thing has changed- the attitude to health and safety. Old Buzz Aldrin had to use the end of a pen to make the Eagle work properly;
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_k ... _n16556918
the new rocket will have to be 'man rated' by half a dozen regulatory bodies before it can fly.

Here's an example of how hard it is to recreate old technology; the Tornado, a steam engine type last built in 1949.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LNER_Peppe ... 63_Tornado
The Tornado is a new build of the old Pacific class of locomotive; in the old days it took a few weeks at most to turn out a new steam loco.
This project has been running for 18 years so far. I met someone involved with the Tornado a few weeks ago; it should be ready this year.

To get to the moon (again), is it necessary to replicate the technology? Considering the expense, wouldn't it be wiser to use modern techniques, materials and technology? Why try to recreate the Saturn series when summat might easily be safer and cheaper to make?

While the Saturn series was a history-making, improvements can be made, considering the advances in technology that have ocurred.

imo using chemical fuel rockets is a total dead end,they wont ever be able to lift the loads that will be needed in the long term.trying to assemble them in space like some kind of massive lego aint gona give you very much scope in there design.

ok ive no idea as to how we improve on these kinds of rockets (chemical)but its obvious that this is the first and biggest step.as previously stated the infastructure aint there so imo its not a good idea to simply recreate what once was used.that would be akin re building wooden sailing boat yards.yes they work but its not really practical in the modern day.

obviously it isnt obvious as t owhat will replace them but it seems to me this is the first and possibly biggest step required,simply..(ok it wasnt simple)landing on the moon isnt whats required this time is it..

Bumping an old thread to avoid 'jacking the Nellis one.

1. I see a lot of posters attacking Greer here (the OP really set the snide tone there), but very little is being said about the witnesses from that loooong long ago press conference of 2001. The majority of those speakers were highly credentialed with verifiable Top Secret clearance and personal encounters to disclose, offering to go to a Congressional hearing to have their stories told. They obviously are in very broad company in that last respect, but the unity of the group and the diverse credibility of their backgrounds is compelling. That, at least for me, is a lot of backing for a more serious look into the activity of the group than merely piss taking or dismissing the whole thing just because Greer is involved. Is all we are looking at a bunch of deluded attention seekers? I kindly doubt it. I've just downloaded Sirius (2013 doco) and am about to watch it. Anybody else here seen it yet? I realise by now that the Atacama 'humanoid' is verified as a mumified human corpse, so I'll FF that bit. The rest should be interesting.

2. My take on Ed Mitchell is that he no doubt had that beautiful epiphany on the way back from the moon (I've had two in life so far, and that beam of purest unbridled joy in the footage shows the glow of unexpected elevation I can relate to), which blew the parameters of his mind out into realms of hope and possibility that he's desperate to keep open. He clings to the quantum hologram in hopes of reconnecting with his moment of purest elevation, and ET fits right in there so those with a shared bent become part of his backing crew. He is also from the Roswell area and 100% supports the claims of the farmers around there to have been witness to the crash and the cover-up. He also gets tons of recognition as a bonafide moonwalker (I'm immensely impressed with all 12 for their sheer balls in the face of such a mindnumbingly terrifying undertaking - heroes the lot of 'em), and he's encouraged to continue by the adoration. His sense of wonder overrides his sense of practicality, and more power to him. But it doesn't make ET any more real because he's got his sights set on the revelation. I used to hope he would be proven correct. Now I'm not so sure I want there to be genuine overlords with the ability to fuck with our rudimentary peacekeeping strategies. Better the dibil ye know. Know what I mean? ;)

skinny said:
I realise by now that the Atacama 'humanoid' is verified as a mumified human corpse, so I'll FF that bit. The rest should be interesting.

I don't believe that's the case. It may be the consensus on the net (and falsely claimed in the media by poor reporting practices), but when you look at the actual data, it's still pending further tests. Not to mention there are too many characteristics which are of no known genetic human mutation, and modern science has a LOT of data on human mutations. The disclaimer though, is that I haven't followed this story closely throughout 2013, so if there's been new information released recently, I'm unaware of it.

I actually think that if UFOs were something as simple as aliens on another planet visiting us --as in so many movies, that the goverment wouldn't act so bizzarely about it, and societies and religions might even weather it. It could actually be a heck of a lot stranger than that --machine life, intelligences that aren't "alive" in a biological sense, something extra-dimensional, something intimately associated with dark energy or matter, and/or a phenomenon which would deal a serious blow to our paradigms and even sanity.

feinman said:
It could actually be a heck of a lot stranger than that --machine life, intelligences that aren't "alive" in a biological sense, something extra-dimensional...

I suspect that all of those explanations are more likely than actual aliens flying about over our planet, although I don't discount it.

Possibly the most plausible explanation is that machine intelligences were sent out as probes by aliens (probably a long time ago). This might explain a few things, most notably about their behaviour.

Mythopoeika said:
feinman said:
It could actually be a heck of a lot stranger than that --machine life, intelligences that aren't "alive" in a biological sense, something extra-dimensional...

I suspect that all of those explanations are more likely than actual aliens flying about over our planet, although I don't discount it.

Possibly the most plausible explanation is that machine intelligences were sent out as probes by aliens (probably a long time ago). This might explain a few things, most notably about their behaviour.

8) Yes! Though some of the outrageously large ones might well be more than probes.

ramonmercado said:
I hear those probes are large enough to cause discomfort.
:lol: Not with liberal buckets of... "a creamy white fluid"

Back