• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Do Dead Pedophiles Roam Chester?

OldTimeRadio

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
According to an article by Jessica Shaughnessy in the April 30, 2004, edition of the CHESTER (England) CHRONICLE, two dead pedophiles may roam the Saughall section of Chester, "between the Vernon Institute and the Greyhound Pub." The two spooks apparently have a number of ghost children, previous victims, in tow.

The first of the two dead predators is "Robert," who is the "dominant spirit" and described as "a nasty piece of work." The other is a deceased priest, Anglican or Catholic not specified.

Alas, all the information seems to come from Spiritualist sources, without any other documentation.

So I'll throw it open here. Any other information to be had?

Kinda falls apart with the 'victims in tow' idea. These poor souls would roam anywhere but with the attackers, surely?

JackDark said:
Kinda falls apart with the 'victims in tow' idea. These poor souls would roam anywhere but with the attackers, surely?

I think the idea is that the perps still hold the kids in some sort of unholly thrall.

Just out of interest, here's the link to the article mentioned in the OP.

Well, if they're wandering between the Vernon Institute and the Greyhound Pub, they're constantly crossing and recrossing the road - the two buildings are diagonally opposite each other on a junction, they can't be more than 15 metres apart.

This one does fall down a bit - the Vernon Institute (kind of village hall / community centre) has apparently never had a fatal fire, so the haunting by the spirits of the dead family is a bit suspicious.

I would be surprised if the bit about one of the spirits appearing in a photograph on the pub wall is true. When the pub was redecorated, new pictures were put up which were bought in bulk from a supplier of "ye olde worlde pub fixtures", so this would have to be a coincidence.

I live only five miles or so from Saughall, and I will be only too pleased to do some direct research and visit the Greyhound Pub if you'd like me to! ;)

Me too. After a few pints, I'll even try nipping directly from place to the other. There may be another ghost to investigate after that. ;)

C'mon Frobush, are you up for it? :D

Fizz32 said:
I would be surprised if the bit about one of the spirits appearing in a photograph on the pub wall is true. When the pub was redecorated, new pictures were put up which were bought in bulk from a supplier of "ye olde worlde pub fixtures", so this would have to be a coincidence.

From the way the article reads, I didn't take it that the spirit said his ghost appeared in a photo, it could be he used to be part of a pub team before the re-furb.

One spirit called James says he is pictured in one of the photographs hung on the wall in the Greyhound.

I'll take another look in the Greyhound and see if there are any genuine old local photographs on the walls.

So, it's Scargy, Fro and meself for this on-site investigation.

So let's assign roles. We need a fraudulent medium, a bogus historian and a screamer.

All aboard the paedophile scare train!

Could it be that those concerned in these "investigations" have cynically seized upon the ongoing paedophile debate in the Media, and are using it as a vehicle for their own publicity?

(I'm such a cynic)

Interesting - I had a conversation with a couple of old alcoholics at the bus stop this morning. I mentioned that Stanmer park was a nice place to go, and they said they wouldn't go there, it's a bad place (!). When I asked why, they said 'babes in the wood' and then said that several years ago a couple of local children aged 9 or so had been found abused, murdered and dumped there. The perpetrator had eventually been caught and imprisoned, but they definitely had some kind of thing about never going there.

escargot1 said:
So let's assign roles. We need a fraudulent medium, a bogus historian and a screamer.

I could do an impression of the woman I went to see "channelling" a few years ago. She set a tape to record this event, then chanelled her Native American spirit guide. Half an hour into this, the tape clicked off as it reached the end of side A. She got up mid sentence, turned the tape over, sat back down again and started exactly where she'd left off.

We had to leave, we were laughing so hard. :D

Is there a Stanmer Park in Chester too?

There's one here in Brighton, not sure about history of paedophilia but apparently it's a "dogging hotspot" (according to Max Power...no, I don't read it before you ask, I'm a driving instructor not a tosser)

escargot1 said:
..and take Techie along to handle all the gadgets! (Gotta have gadgets!)

ArthurASCII said:
All aboard the paedophile scare train!

Could it be that those concerned in these "investigations" have cynically seized upon the ongoing paedophile debate in the Media, and are using it as a vehicle for their own publicity?

(I'm such a cynic)

Yeah, just when you thought mediums couldn't sink any lower, they drag paedophilia into their "entertainment". Two kinds of bogeymen for one! Bargain!

shouldnt this be the concern that living pedophiles may roam Chester (or anywhere)?

escargot1 said:
Me too. After a few pints, I'll even try nipping directly from place to the other. There may be another ghost to investigate after that. ;)

C'mon Frobush, are you up for it? :D

Oh, Good Lord, what have I started? <G>

Iz & I are due for a nice day out in Chester anyway. Last time, we had a very entertaining morning and a lovely lunch. 8)

Sorry, Iz M8, I can't promise as good a floor-show as last time! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Aw, shame. I could do with another laugh like that!

When Scargy tells you someone's ugly, they're ugly. UGLY. :lol:

No argument there. Ugly inside and out.

Same goes for dirty. But that's another thing / bloke entirely!

How far off topic can we go before someone notices?

Not off-topic at all. We are discussing sex offenders in Chester. :lol:

Right, that's this year's mission sorted.

Sort of satisfying to know that we're continuing the same theme. ;)

CarlosTheDJ said:
Is there a Stanmer Park in Chester too?

There's one here in Brighton, not sure about history of paedophilia but apparently it's a "dogging hotspot" (according to Max Power...no, I don't read it before you ask, I'm a driving instructor not a tosser)
I'm in Brighton, and I was referring to that one.

i live just across the border in wrexham, can i come ghosthunting too please?!?! i have absolutely no skills except i can sort of speak a few languages and i have a bag i can carry my cat in like a satchel. i call it a cat-chel, har de har!

so if you need someone who can just about string sentences together in 3 foreign languages, but who does less well in speaking english and who also has the ability to carry a cat at all times, i am your person. cats are sensitive to ghosts, she could be like a detector :) mew mew, he's over there!

it's okay, i understand :oops:

over and out, minky

edited for spelling.

Yup, you're in!

Welcome aboard. It's a dangerous mission, but somebody has to do it.

Pub food in Chseter can be AWFUL.

yippee! i'm in! is my cat allowed to be in too? she would be ever so sad if she didnt get to come along. well actually she'd probably be pretty happy sitting at home playing with a feather boa whilst frequently chowing tuna :) but hey

pub food can indeed be awful in chester, i was once served a 'baked potato' with 'cheese'. it resembled a very big wart covered in athletes foot.

*shudders*

edit because i am an eeeeeeeeeeeediot

i'll give you two cats and a whole load of glittery things if i am gobbled by spooks. perhaps i would also give you my prized pieces of totally craptastic nonsense which include many kinder egg toys, some sparklers and a plastic cocktail maker complete with pink elephant ice cube maker.

you can have all of that for free!

i think i am going to make a coctail and put some sparklers in it before i am potentially eaten by goopy spirits.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back