• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Do You Dream In Colour / Color? With Or Without Sound?

Do You Dream In Colour? Do You Dream With Sound?

• No - black and white only, no sound

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - black and white only, but with sound

• Yes - colour but no sound

• Yes - colour and sound

Votes: 33 100.0%

• Total voters
I mostly dream in full colour and sound. Sometimes i dream in tints of one colour like green or purple.
Wow. Groovy! Like those old tinted black & white films they used to show on TV sometimes. I remember watching the old silent film "Intolerance" on Channel 4 many years ago where each of the 4 different story strands were tinted a different colour, to help one not mix up the story of Christ with the massacre of the Huguenots in 16th Century Paris.

Re: sound in dreams, last night I dreamt that I could hear running water and was running around the house checking whether I had left any taps running. I woke up with the sound of a fast-running tap ringing in my ears, but there was no such sound happening in reality. It was just part of my dream.

Does anyone keep a Dream Diary???
I use the 'What did you dream of last night?' topic on this forum as a kind of dream diary, so if I've had a particularly vivid dream I note it down on there.
If I am using a gun in a dream I can pretty much guarantee that I will experience "Dead Man's Click" and the gun will either not fire or misfire in some way. If I end up in a fist fight, my punches will be so weak I may as well be ticking my foe with a feather. I have spoken about this with a couple of gamer friends and they both have the same experience in dreams.

I was wondering if anyone else on here who games has had the same experience, or is it something that everyone experiences.

One other thing I have noticed in my dreams is that I can't use Ticket machines for trains and buses; They either don't work at all, or give me the wrong ticket.
In my dreams, if I fight anyone, I find I can't punch, just very weak, almost 'underwater' motions. It frustrates me (in my dream) so much that I usually end up grabbing my opponent's face and pulling at their cheeks in an attempt to make some kind of forcible impression. And machines won't work for me in dreams either. Mobile phones are particularly bad.

I use the 'What did you dream of last night?' topic on this forum as a kind of dream diary, so if I've had a particularly vivid dream I note it down on there.

In my dreams, if I fight anyone, I find I can't punch, just very weak, almost 'underwater' motions. It frustrates me (in my dream) so much that I usually end up grabbing my opponent's face and pulling at their cheeks in an attempt to make some kind of forcible impression. And machines won't work for me in dreams either. Mobile phones are particularly bad.
You sound like quite a scrapper, catseye! In my dreams it is usually running away that always seems hard to do! It's like I'm wearing treacle boots.

Yup, exactly that. It's rare that I experience a fight in my dreams, but when I do, it is exactly this.

Yup, exactly that. It's rare that I experience a fight in my dreams, but when I do, it is exactly this.
Shudder. That has brought back a memory of a horrible dream from long, long ago, probably in my teenage years. It was in some sort of warfare setting, and I was fighting hand-to-hand with an enemy soldier, the setting seemed to be the Far East. We were really going at it, laying into each other no-holds-barred, and I had a pistol in one hand that I was trying to point at my opponent, but he kept pushing it away desperately. I managed to get my opponent on the ground, and he was still trying to ward off the pistol with one hand while laying punches into me with the other, and as the pistol crept closer to his head, he put both hands up to block my pistol arm, and I put my whole body weight and both hands on the pistol, forcing it onto his head while he was furiously trying to kick. The memory of this dream ends with me pulling the trigger and the enemy soldier going limp. I still remember how shocking it was, especially the finale - and who knows where that memory has been all these years because I haven't thought about it in a very, very long time.

Back