• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Does Peter Frampton have all his own teeth?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Remember the 1970s, when Peter Frampton brought us the Talkbox, a musical appliance that plugged into an electric guitar with a tube for you to speak through, thus creating a electric voice sound, as heard on "Show Me the Way"?

Is it true that using it made your teeth fall out? Is Pete in full possession of his gnashers? Or is this one of those "all good fun until someone loses an eye" ULs?

I was at school with a Peter Frampton. In those long ago days most of us still had our our own teeth. (In fact, I still do, though they're much mangled by the passage of time and the work of incompetent dentists. :( )

I tried one of those contraptions years ago,it was made by a company called Electro Harmonix(who also made a distortion pedal for guitar called the "Big Muff"...i kid you not).the voice thing consisted of the electronics in a metal case with a foot switch from which led a length of plastic tube,about 1 inch in diameter.this tube contained a small speaker,and you taped the tube to your vocal mike.As you played guitar with you the tube in your mouth,you made different mouth shapes or spoke/sang,the mic then picked up the sound coming out of the tube being changed by your mouth.
The one i tried the volume was set fairly loud and believe me it made you teeth rattle.I was told that it cause throat cancer,whether that was true i don't know.
Anyway i always preferred a "Big Muff",although they were quite scarce around our way

Anyway i always preferred a "Big Muff",although they were quite scarce around our way

They're the ones that are made from parts of Russian tractors aren't they?
R1 mentioned them on the evening session

Judge Nutmeg said:
,it was made by a company called Electro Harmonix(who also made a distortion pedal for guitar called the "Big Muff"...i kid you not).

Hence the title of the Mudhoney album "Superfuzz Bigmuff", named after two distortion pedals.

Back