• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Doritos Silent' Lets You Munch On Zoom Without Angering Coworkers

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Doritos has admitted that its ultra-crunchy chips aren't exactly workplace-friendly. They're far too distracting for Zoom calls and desk-side munching.

Now, you could just — you know — not eat Doritos while you're on the job. Or better yet, swap them for something quieter, like a chewy granola bar or a banana. But of course, that'd be bad for business. So Doritos came up with a solution. Say hello to "Doritos Silent."

Doritos Silent is a crunch-cancellation app designed to mute the sound of your chip-chomping teeth.

Fashbaugh revealed that he "got a lot of people [approximately 500 participants] to crunch Doritos into a microphone" to teach an artificial intelligence (AI) model what Doritos crunching sounds like, so it could isolate it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...n-zoom-without-angering-coworkers/ar-AA1kGwgs

maximus otter

Doritos has admitted that its ultra-crunchy chips aren't exactly workplace-friendly. They're far too distracting for Zoom calls and desk-side munching.

Now, you could just — you know — not eat Doritos while you're on the job. Or better yet, swap them for something quieter, like a chewy granola bar or a banana. But of course, that'd be bad for business. So Doritos came up with a solution. Say hello to "Doritos Silent."

Doritos Silent is a crunch-cancellation app designed to mute the sound of your chip-chomping teeth.

Fashbaugh revealed that he "got a lot of people [approximately 500 participants] to crunch Doritos into a microphone" to teach an artificial intelligence (AI) model what Doritos crunching sounds like, so it could isolate it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...n-zoom-without-angering-coworkers/ar-AA1kGwgs

maximus otter

Mods: Thank you for the capitals.

*shamefaced*

maximus otter

Or you can use this.
1200px-Duct-tape.jpg

Judging by their recently-unveiled 'Doritos Dippers with a hint of Sour Cream & Onion', the 'silent' bit refers to the alleged flavouring...
*wiggles eyebrows archly*

How many people are so starved that they NEED to eat whilst on a Zoom call or in a meeting?

But then, I can't bear the word 'snack' and think that obesity could be cut at a stroke if we renamed 'snacks' 'stuffing your face with unnecessary calories between proper meals.'

My microphone has an on/off switch. No need for fancy software.

How many people are so starved that they NEED to eat whilst on a Zoom call or in a meeting?

But then, I can't bear the word 'snack' and think that obesity could be cut at a stroke if we renamed 'snacks' 'stuffing your face with unnecessary calories between proper meals.'
Even worse - the ones that walk down the street stuffing their faces eating and drinking.
How can you enjoy a meal like that?

As for snacks, what about Snaxs?

(Can I hear screaming?)

Even worse - the ones that walk down the street stuffing their faces eating and drinking.
How can you enjoy a meal like that?

As for snacks, what about Snaxs?

(Can I hear screaming?)
For my response to 'snacks' and food labelled as 'for snacking' - just head to the Obesity thread.

Back