• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dream lady

MrSnowman

Abominable Snowman
Cribbed from the chat thread, I reckon this warrants an IHTM thread. Here's my post...

"I've dreamt of the same doe-eyed red-head since I was about 6. There's no danger of fake memoryage, as I remember my life in total detail from about 2 1/2 (people always comment how old I seem for my age.. it's because I've got 5-10 years worth of memories than most).

Although it only happens a few times a year, I often wonder what the significance of it is. She's always very caring, but slightly distant. Interestingly, the dreams, as I got older, never took on any kind of sexual connotations. It has always remained as if she's on the peripherary of the dream, but just wanting me to know she's there; aloof, but interested.. a strange juxtaposition. Lost twin? Guardian angel? Soulmate not yet found? Who knows? The dreams always leave my stomach quite fluttery for a couple or so days after though. Perhaps this should be in the IHTM thread!"

I used to regularly dream of a tall man with dark hair, who's face I could never quite make out ... I met a fella who answered that description (I wasn't wearing my specs) he utterly hated me ... :cry:

For me that would be a: bald white guy with big muscles and a little bit of pudge, wearing a red terry bathrobe open to his navel, and flip-flops. He's been in my dreams since my early twenties. As a kid, I dreamed about a sinister Elmer Fudd on a regular basis.

Edit ~ I have no idea what to make of any of this, just thought I'd share.

Main ones I've dreamed about and met some time later are my husband, my eldest daughter's first boyfriend and her husband. I'm still waiting on 2 that I think are for my other daughters, one a kind dark haired chap with glasses and the other a gorgeous looking one with very fair skin but black hair and eyes.

When I was about 15 I had a dream, this is how it went;

It's bright but cold, I'm outside sitting on a kind of white stone plinth, on the plinth is a statue of something and I am sat next to it's feet. A nearby street is packed with traffic, I'm in a city. The statue and plinth are one of a pair at the base of a wide white stone stair case.
I'm freezing and I pull a heavy coat round me. Suddenly I'm aware that someone has crept up and sat behind me as part of a "you are waiting for me but I'm actually sat behind you" type gag. I smile to myself and pretend to not have noticed the friends arrival so as to carry on the gag. All I know is two things; 1)She's got very dark hair, the wind occaisonally picks it up and just about flicks it into the very edge of my sight. 2)She's my wife.

That was 11 years ago. I've never had it since but I've never forgotten it. Subconsciously I'm looking for the situation to arrive e.g. in 1996 I started a degree at Cardiff Uni. In the Civic Centre are museums and City buildings which fit the scene perfectly.

For some reason I just know that one cold day I will find myself actually living the scene. I suspect I have already met the girl but noone seems to fit the description as yet. Sad eh?

Lobelia Overhill said:
I used to regularly dream of a tall man with dark hair, who's face I could never quite make out ...

Hey, I dreamed about that guy, too... :shock:

Fledermaus said:
Lobelia Overhill said:
I used to regularly dream of a tall man with dark hair, who's face I could never quite make out ...

Hey, I dreamed about that guy, too... :shock:

And I can never make out faces in my dreams. I guess I'd never know if I was dreaming about the same person! :lol:

Back