• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreaming the Alien

DougalLongfoot

Abominable Snowman
On Friday night I had just visited a friend in the maternity ward of our local hospital. I was standing in the carpark talking to another friend who had visited when I saw a large and very bright meteor. It was as bright as Venus, but twice the size and yellow.

On Sunday night i had a dream of sitting on a toilet, when suddenly silver metal stirrups appeared and wrenched my legs wide. Then a thin metal probe appeared and proceeded to go to work. In my dream logic I thought, "this must be a new Japanese toilet, so you don't have to clean yourself up."

Monday night I dreamed I was looking at photos of a party and spotted an alien looking through the window. In one of those perspective shifts that can happen in dreams and make perfect sense, I suddenly was the person taking the photographs. As the flash went off in subsequent shots, I could see the alien was exactly like ET (in my only other dream about aliens, they resembled the Kelly-Hopikinsville goblins, and were leaning over my bed), but with a nasty cruel look on its face. I then raced outside to chase the creature.

Just an interesting sequence of events and random dreams, but if I had a different mindset I'm sure I'd be racing off to a regression hypnotist right now, to get to the bottom of it, convinced I'd been abducted.

I think it would be very interesting - before anyone starts to fire questions - if you were to tell us a little about your beliefs/interest in/previous experience(s) of aliens.

My interest in UFOs began in the late 70s as a 4-5 year old child, sparked mainly by watching Project UFO with my brother who is 18 months older than I (both permanently scarred by The Whitman Tower Incident episode. Those horse headed aliens still give me the creeps).

Read fairly widely on the subject ever since my teenage years. As I grew older I've moved away from a definite "nuts and bolts" perspective of alien visitation, though I don't rule it out entirely. Extremely sceptical of the massive scale of the abduction phenomena, especially when drawn out by hypnosis, though there are probably some genuine cases out there of people on quiet country roads or farmers in their fields at night.

Remember seeing some lights in the sky as a young child on three separate occasions. One I know was definitely a satellite. The second was two pinpoints of light high in the night sky, twisting and turning and chasing each other. At the time I felt it was two UFOs engaged in a dogfight. As an adult I feel they were probably insects with some luminosity, and much closer to me than I thought. Third occurence was seeing a brilliant red flash in the night sky one Christmas Eve as I was out looking for Santa. No idea what that one was, maybe a meteor.

My main other fortean interest is Cryptozoology, though I've had no anomolous encounters. Have known a couple of people who have encountered ghosts, but never had an experience myself.

Grouped dreams and daytime events

I am a very consistent and active dreamer at night. I do find (like a lot of people I suspect) that daytime experiences feed into my dreams. Often striking or particularly notable experiences can keep cropping up or being alluded to in the dream for several days afterwards, or reappear on occasions for some weeks later.

I wonder if the sight of a rather spectacular shooting star, has just inspired your subconscious
and kicked it off into "“Alien fun time" when you dream. If you a harbour an interest, then it probably has a lot of source material to use on you, by pulling it out of all those dusty cupboards right at the back of your mind.

Mr P

Weird dreams can have very banal causes. I was reminded by your toilet dream of a similar experience I had this week.

In my case it was not alien-related but I dreamt I was a guest in a brothel and the ladies were inquiring what kind of sexual services I would like to receive :shock:

(Note: you may believe it or not, but I've never visited such an establishment in my life and never even met that kind of lady.)

And then I woke up and had to visit the toilet very urgently. That must have been the cause of the dream :D

Could somehing like that have been the case with your alien toilet dream?

I agree with uair01, a toilet dream usually means that you probably needed to go to the toilet in real life!
I sometimes get toilet dreams just before I wake up and have to pee. In the dreams, any toilets that appear are usually damaged or just impossible/nasty to use - I guess that's my subconscious mind saying 'nooo, it's just a dream, don't pee in the bed, wake up'. :)

Mr Poultice wrote:
I wonder if the sight of a rather spectacular shooting star, has just inspired your subconscious
and kicked it off into "“Alien fun time" when you dream. If you a harbour an interest, then it probably has a lot of source material to use on you, by pulling it out of all those dusty cupboards right at the back of your mind.

Mythopoeika wrote:
I agree with uair01, a toilet dream usually means that you probably needed to go to the toilet in real life!

It must have been very subconscious, because I never thought of UFOs when I spotted the meteor. My only other thought was it may have been the local rescue helicopter approaching the hospital to land, but the trajectory, silence and fading away quickly showed it to be a meteor.

I've no doubt the second dream about the alien was inspired by my thoughts about the first dream upon waking. Would love to know why my subconscoius pulled out a cranky looking Steven Spielberg type ET, rather than the stereotypical grey.

It is true that many toilet and sexual dreams can be brought on by a full bladder or bowels, but I didn't have an urgent need when I woke up the next morning. And trust me, being restrained and rectally probed is not high on my list of things to do!

I can understand this, DougalLongfoot. I periodically get woken up by very weird and vivid dreams about alien invasions.

This is related to a Fortean outlook rather than past experiences as an abductee. Perhaps an unconscious fear of an alien encounter is expressing itself through dreams?

Okay, five years down the track and another alien dream. I must say I'd forgotten most of the details of my original post.

Last night I had what would appear to be a typical night hag experience. In my dream I couldn't move due to an entity holding me down. I somehow knew this was an alien. I can't remember a head or face, just massive spider like arms wrapped around me, the body on my chest and abdomen. After trying to push it off and move, I managed to roll onto my side, at which point I woke up. Quite frightening.

I sometimes get toilet dreams just before I wake up and have to pee. In the dreams, any toilets that appear are usually damaged or just impossible/nasty to use - I guess that's my subconscious mind saying 'nooo, it's just a dream, don't pee in the bed, wake up'. Smile

As a child I once had a toilet dream where I did go to the toilet in the dream and lol well you can guess what happened! :lol:

For some reason, as an adult I am always apprehensive about going to the toilet in a dream just in case it's a dream (you know when you're kind of wondering in the dream if it might be a dream?) only sometimes I do pee in the dream, and thankfully my body remembers not to actually pee the bed.

OneWingedBird said:
I sometimes get toilet dreams just before I wake up and have to pee. In the dreams, any toilets that appear are usually damaged or just impossible/nasty to use - I guess that's my subconscious mind saying 'nooo, it's just a dream, don't pee in the bed, wake up'. Smile

As a child I once had a toilet dream where I did go to the toilet in the dream and lol well you can guess what happened! :lol:

For some reason, as an adult I am always apprehensive about going to the toilet in a dream just in case it's a dream (you know when you're kind of wondering in the dream if it might be a dream?) only sometimes I do pee in the dream, and thankfully my body remembers not to actually pee the bed.

Yeah, I get this too. Mentioned it on another thread somewhere.

Maybe you are not dreaming the alien.
Maybe the alien is dreaming you.

:err:

DougalLongfoot said:
I can't remember a head or face, just massive spider like arms wrapped around me, the body on my chest and abdomen.

That sounds like some of the monsters of M.R. James. Could he have had that kind of experiences too? (just a wild idea)

uair01 said:
That sounds like some of the monsters of M.R. James. Could he have had that kind of experiences too? (just a wild idea)

According to tonight's documentary, James didn't have any supernatural experiences apart from a brief sighting of some kind of entity in the woods which might have been a figment of his imagination. His main inspiration was obscure holy texts, the kind with demons in. He was terrified of spiders, however.

Back