• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

Sleep Talking

Thanks for your tip there Bannik, sorry I didn't reply before now just been insanely busy. I've been trying to find out a few sites with some decent info on jemais vu but not having much luck.

Infact, the only reason I'm here is to tell about a few odd happenings over the past few nights. Apparently I've started sleep talking/walking/something.

For the past few nights my partner has told me that I've been "waking up" (and waking him up in the process) and start to say things. At first it was just random words but it's taken an odd turn when he was apparently woken by me poking him in the stomach with a finger. When he woke up he was a little confused and asked me what I was doing. According to him all I sid was "Nothing" then turned and went back to sleep. During this time he swears that I looked wide awake...but I have no memory of these nightly speaches or of what happened last night.

Deer dream

Had a dream last night I was driving on a dirt road with my mother and someone else who I don't remember in the car at night. I noticed lots of deer carcasses scattered around on either side of the road. At first I didn't think much of it because their actually are a lot of deer carcasses on the near me, but at some point I noticed their were a LOT more than usual.

At some point then we were no longer driving, but walking down a dirt road - it was actually more of a path at this point - in the middle of the woods which was lit only by mooonlight. Still a lot of deer carcasses strewn around but also a lot live deer and they were intelligent. Instead of running away they stood looking at us and trying to figure us out. I sensed they might have been a bit resentful of us being in their woods but they were mostly curious; like they were trying to figure us out.

At some point we got to this big tree at the bottom of which was lying a kangaroo (it was actually a camel but for some reason in my dream I knew it was a "kangaroo" somehow). The kangaroo was to the deer what a queen is to a colony of ants or bees. It was very wise but also not particularly benevolent. I knew enough to keep my distance as I passed it but my mother walked too close and it made an irritated, grumbling sound and went to bite her at which point I woke up.

I think the deer in my dream were representative of nature spirits, or fairies, or just the consciousness of the woods. In my dream I felt a great love for the kangaroo.

Yesterday my girlfriend told me, while we were driving down a road that's littered with deer corpses, how angry she was about all the new housing developments being built in my area which are causing deer to venture farther from the woods to seek more land and consequently cause more accidents. :mad:

P.S.
Just as I was writing this I heard a lot of banging outside on my deck. I went out to see and there was a large racoon out on the deck and it was missing its tail.

I slept all through the night, night before last, but got no rest. One dream chained into another almost seamlessly, though presumably I had non-REM sleep during the plot/setting changes.

First, I was archiving files and burying them in the back yard along with music CDs. (This almost makes sense given that I'm archiving files at the office at the moment and there's no place to put the blinking things and scanning them onto CD is not going to work with our present equipment no matter how hard my boss insists she knows someone who's done it that way.) Then I had to help with a wedding for some people I didn't know, which was being held in the backyard. I decorated, cooked, sewed, and was a bridal attendant but the waiters acted like I wasn't there and then I was accidentally rude to the only person who was nice to me during the entire event. Which felt pretty bad, but I had to go help Oz (from Buffy, you know) rescue a little boy from a cult compound while Rupert Giles placed the explosives. If we could get him back to the wedding, where Buffy was, he'd get some residual power on him and be fixed right up. We got the kid out but he wasn't walking fast enough and we were spotted, so we split up, with Oz taking the kid a secret way and me laying a false trail, but I don't think it worked because I got completely lost in a historic district and they never caught up with me. I ducked into an office building that turned out to be attached to a really huge church, the kind with a congregation larger than my parents' home town, and it took me forever to find my way out; whereupon I came upon a model home where a day care center contained another kid I realized I had to rescue, and by that time I was waking up.

I got more rest between waking up and rising than I got the entire night.

I have always had very vivd dreams. I watched when metal ruled the world the other night before I went to bed I dreamed I was at concerts and backstage parties all night. Alot of fun but not at all restful. I often have dreams that I have magical powers or mind control. Those are always fun. Oh ans I love dreams where I fly.

Lennon's marbles

I've had extremely strange, vivid dreams my whole life and had mild epilepsy in my mid-teens...just sorta disappeared one day after I stopped taking the meds, ironically enuff.

The strangest dream I had connected with some real life paranormal stuff. For several years, I was finding marbles in strange places. Every new apartment I moved into, I would find a marble in a prominent place (like the only thing on the mantle or the only thing in the middle of the floor in an empty room.) When I was gardening, I'd find a marble. Picking up napkin in a restaurant that fell under table...a marble. Again and again. I have about 30 marbles acquired from strange places.

My dream about the marbles was equally strange and perhaps revealed the source o' the marbles. In my dream, John Lennon and Yoko Ono were standing in my driveway. I was looking out my attic window and John and Yoko were staring up at me. John was laughing and mugging. Yoko asked me: "have you been finding the marbles John's been sending you?"

For some reason, I was really angry at John Lennon when I realized he was the culprit. I yelled at him. He laughed. Yoko shrugged.

What's it all about?

Tweedspot, maybe you're the one who gets all our marbles when we lose them?

(You brits do have the expression, "losing your marbles" meaning "losing your mind," right?)

My husband has a phrase, meaning "with an ounce of sense:" "with a mere moiety of his marbles..."

Wow Tweedspot, thats really wierd!
Are all the marbles the same sort?

I too have always had very vivid dreams, but the strange thing is that since I was a child, most of them have had some sort of continuity. Mostly its where they are set, a sort of Portmerion type sea-side town, with lots of flower-beds and ornate buildings. Wherever this place is, if it exists, I've never been there.
One of the strangest ever was me stood in a grassy field, watching a group of men on stilts, wearing pale-blue suits with red ties and matching bowler hats. They were walking around, finding dog turds in the grass, then flicking them at each other with the end of their stilts.
It was so funny I woke myself up laughing!

:rofl:

I've got a sleep-town, too, Stella! I live a very Bohemian existence there, in a succession of quirky abodes. It's got a gorgeous university (gold leaf murals, courtyard-and-fountain arrangements that lead into each other), a river running through it with delights that are never exhausted, 100-foot tall cypresses, crowded little historical districts, a complex and fascinating downtown with no traffic, fancy houses on bluffs, antique and books stores crammed with wonderful things - ooh, I love it there.

But there's an alternate town, which is like "my" town enough to fool me for a while, but twisted and dark. The university there has squat concrete buildings and the only courses I ever take are remedial math that's all test and no class, the traffic is relentless, and I can't find the river. I rush around trying to find the places I love, and gradually realize I'm in the wrong place and will have to wake up before I can switch towns.

I dreamed last night that my sister was trying to contact me about some extremely secret or personal problem but couldn't get me on my own.

At some point I also dreamed that I kept trying to count the digits on my hands as I was convinced I had extra fingers. In the dream there were definitely 5 on each hand and I was becoming more and more worried. :eek:

There is a good reason for the finger dream. Here in Eastern Europe I am in Krakow, Poland at the moment :) ) people count their thumbs as '1' when showing 'how many' to foreigners. So if you ask for one cake by holding up a forefinger you are asking for two! Can be stressful.

Very funny though when your mate orders a 2-measure glass of wine and gets a 3-measure one- makes her look a right alky! ;)

Peni said:
I've got a sleep-town, too, Stella! I live a very Bohemian existence there, in a succession of quirky abodes. It's got a gorgeous university (gold leaf murals, courtyard-and-fountain arrangements that lead into each other), a river running through it with delights that are never exhausted, 100-foot tall cypresses, crowded little historical districts, a complex and fascinating downtown with no traffic, fancy houses on bluffs, antique and books stores crammed with wonderful things - ooh, I love it there.

But there's an alternate town, which is like "my" town enough to fool me for a while, but twisted and dark. The university there has squat concrete buildings and the only courses I ever take are remedial math that's all test and no class, the traffic is relentless, and I can't find the river. I rush around trying to find the places I love, and gradually realize I'm in the wrong place and will have to wake up before I can switch towns.

Fascinating!
They sound remarkably similer. There is a river running through my town, too, with pleasure boats and gabled buildings with flower covered balconies on the grassy banks. Obviously yours is in the same sort of detail.
Luckily, I don't have a 'negative' like you, I just have impending doom instead. Recently I was stood on a bluff just outside of the town, watching a tornado sweep toward it!

StellaBoulton said:
Fascinating!
They sound remarkably similer. There is a river running through my town, too, with pleasure boats and gabled buildings with flower covered balconies on the grassy banks. Obviously yours is in the same sort of detail.
Luckily, I don't have a 'negative' like you, I just have impending doom instead. Recently I was stood on a bluff just outside of the town, watching a tornado sweep toward it!

I can recognize most of the features of my river as being modifications and amplifications of rivers and creeks in my life. My folks are from the Mississippi valley in Iowa, the town where I went to high school existed because five creeks and a river came together, and now I live in San Antonio, home of the famous Riverwalk. So my town's river has Mississippi-style bluffs and restaurants and flood gates, bridges and barges, small canyons, Spanish-style houses, skyscrapers, river parades, wild areas, open parkland. Students from the university have tied ropes from the 100-foot cypresses, from which they swing out over the river and drop into the water, just like that place my girl scout troop went to one time except that was one ordinary-sized tree and in my town I'm not afraid to swing.

Generally I get to go there when my life is in a good place. I get stuck in the alternate town when I'm downcycling physically, or feeling trapped in society and discouraged about ever getting what I want out of life. I wonder if the tornado threatening your town is connected to similar real-life feelings? And do you ever get a chance to try to save it, or do you just watch helplessly?

every night i have vivid dreams

carole said:
A similar dream I have is where I'm about to tak part in a play and I don't know my lines

Yuck, I have had that dream so many times..I usually end up going on stage and improvising and not doing so badly after all.

ANYWAY I have very vivid dreams every single night (and during naps) that are usually very stressful and nightmarish. My favorite worst dreams are alwyas including zombies! This dream is the only one that has really "haunted" me.

about 10 years ago I dreamt that I was a boy wearing jeans and a zip up hoodie in the back of a grey station wagon, and the sky was getting dark, it was either about to rain or it was dusk, when I suddenly sat up like I had been passed out or something and realized that the person that had been driving (a girl i knew in real life) was dead and had no eyeballs, just dark red sockets. I was panicking so I looked around for someone to help me and there were people in their cars dead and others screaming and freaking out because there were zombies surrounding the entire intersection where "I" was parked. (it was like a big traffic jam) The strangest part of my dream was that there was a soundtrack, like a movie but it was just a beat...like a bass drum or soemthing. Anyway I looked toward a truck I saw driving through the mass of cars and somehow knew it was a hearse of some sort and there was a concrete statue of an old woman witch thing all wrapped up in her wings. WHen I looked at her and the guy that was driving the truck the statue came to life and opened her wings up and I woke up. now I am totally scared of certain back beats, even at the club I get all frenzied when I hear that beat.

Now thats a weird dream!

Peni said:
I can recognize most of the features of my river as being modifications and amplifications of rivers and creeks in my life. My folks are from the Mississippi valley in Iowa, the town where I went to high school existed because five creeks and a river came together, and now I live in San Antonio, home of the famous Riverwalk. So my town's river has Mississippi-style bluffs and restaurants and flood gates, bridges and barges, small canyons, Spanish-style houses, skyscrapers, river parades, wild areas, open parkland. Students from the university have tied ropes from the 100-foot cypresses, from which they swing out over the river and drop into the water, just like that place my girl scout troop went to one time except that was one ordinary-sized tree and in my town I'm not afraid to swing.

Generally I get to go there when my life is in a good place. I get stuck in the alternate town when I'm downcycling physically, or feeling trapped in society and discouraged about ever getting what I want out of life. I wonder if the tornado threatening your town is connected to similar real-life feelings? And do you ever get a chance to try to save it, or do you just watch helplessly?

Most things in my dreamtown are 'creations' made up from bits and pieces that I must have seen at different times. None of it is recognisable though, it always feels as though I'm seeing these places for the first time, even though I know its always the same town. I'm very fond of architecture, so its not really suprising. Everything always looks immaculatly manicured, no litter or vandalism. Its very idealised and artficial despite its realism, my own Clough-Ellis style fantasy town.

The impending disasters are a lot stranger than I made them sound. I don't often find them that frightening, just a desperate need to pack as much as possible and leave, usually stalled by other people to my frustration. The psychological reasonings behind it are fairly obvious.
This whole dreamtown thing is fascinating though, I will look into whether anyone has studied it in any depth.

I dreamt it was my birthday (but it wasn't) and to drop a hint to the people about me, I was wearing a small, square, iced birthday cake as a belt buckle (as you do . . .)

Carole

Warning! I had a nightmare last night.

I dreamt that there was an alien following me, it looked a lot like the xenomorph from 'Alien' only it was a the same white colour as grubs under stones and fungal growths. It also had a long, exposed brain, also white. It was chasing me in an almost playful fashion, I knew if it caught me it would kill me but it was fairly easy to evade it. I was in the garden of a modern house in America and went inside to try to get well away from it. It followed me into the kitchen area. I was hiding behind the breakfast bar, when it bent down to pick something off the floor. It was an ice cube, in the dream I knew that doing this would kill it. It touched it and collapsed screaming. As it lay on the floor screaming I became terrified, it wouldn't finish dying, only screaming and screaming and screaming. I couldn't touch it as that would either help it revive or something. And so I had to continue listening to it...
Then I woke up, heart pounding at 3 in the morning and unable to return to sleep. I'm rather tired now.:cross eye

I had a dreamt the other night that the person I was with (can't remember who) was making a double helix of DNA from clay. They made 2 prisms, then squashed them and then twisted them together.

Very bizarre. I can still clearly picture their hands doing it even now and it was last week sometime.

Strange dream last night!

I was with my partner, Bunny( dunno what he was doing there), in an Army recruitment office. Bit of an odd office, very old-fashioned uniforms and mahogany desks. I was about to hand over some papers, when two young men in modern US military uniforms came in, requesting a license to give tank-driving lessons.
The rather stern chap behind the desk looked them up and down, and said-
' I can't possibly give you the license, you're obviously homosexuals!'
I was outraged by this, said' Right! I'm not signing up then!', gathered up my papers, and stormed out with Bunny following along behind.

:err:

Why do I find the idea of tank driving homosexuals funny???:confused:

I had a really good dream the other night. So much so, when I woke up (in the middle of the nigh admittedly) I thought, "I must remember that to put on the Dream Thread".

Guess what?

I didn't :(

It was rather in the Zombie psychoanalyst mould though. Which is odd, because my dreams usually involve fast cars, deserted tropical paradises, Bruce Willis, Nakatomi/20th Century Fox buildings, and lots of automatics (hand guns that is, not cars!). Oh, and other things of a swashbuckling/blow 'em up nature. :D

Last night I dreamt about some chickens. But instead of a head and a tail, each one had a daffodil at either end . . .

. . . God, someone must be slipping something in me tea . . . :eek!!!!:

Carole

Lennon's Marbles follow-up

In response to some questions about me finding many marbles and having a dream w/ John Lennon and Yoko Ono in which Yoko asks if I've been finding John's marbles....

They are of all different shapes and sizes.
After posting the original dream story, I found three marbles in my yard (one gigantic blue)
After telling my friend about my dream recently, he FOUND a marble under his bed (no children, modern house...) which he promptly sent to me...
I'm completely flummoxed by that. Completely.

I had a dream that all of my daughters dolls were evil demons in disguise. I caught one of them walking and burned it in the fireplace only to have the spirit loosed in the house. Then another doll bedan tormenting us and I asked it was a demon and it said yes and the started to try and kill me and I woke up. I haven't been scared once I woke up in a long time but I was terrified for a good five minutes after I woke up. Got up, drank some water and was fine. But it has been a long time since a dream really scared me.

Re: Lennon's Marbles follow-up

tweedspot said:
In response to some questions about me finding many marbles and having a dream w/ John Lennon and Yoko Ono in which Yoko asks if I've been finding John's marbles....

They are of all different shapes and sizes.
After posting the original dream story, I found three marbles in my yard (one gigantic blue)
After telling my friend about my dream recently, he FOUND a marble under his bed (no children, modern house...) which he promptly sent to me...
I'm completely flummoxed by that. Completely.

Random!
You must be getting quite a collection by now. Some types of marbles can be identified as a certain age or factory, are any of them a bit unusual?

Even more random dream...
I'm stood on my front doorstep(it opens onto the pavement), and there is a pickup outside with a piece of ply leaning on the back. I'm watching two cars trying to go in opposite directions up the narrow street, one of which is a red Smart. The Smart can't be bothered to wait, so does an Eval Kineval up the ply and over the pickup.

:madeyes:

Losing your marbles? Found 'em!

Some of the marbles date to the early 20th century, these are green with gold ribboning. I know this b/c my dad said these were considered old when he was young. Some of them are the classic "aggies" still around today. A few of them are squashed flat on one side which makes sense as to why they were thrown away.

Re: Losing your marbles? Found 'em!

tweedspot said:
Some of the marbles date to the early 20th century, these are green with gold ribboning. I know this b/c my dad said these were considered old when he was young. Some of them are the classic "aggies" still around today. A few of them are squashed flat on one side which makes sense as to why they were thrown away.

How cool! Maybe someones trying to tell you to start a collection!

Oooh! My double helix dream came true.

This evening whilst talking with my ex we both ended up playing with our son's Geomag toy. I was making pyramids and he was making odd shapes.

I then put some of my pyramids and his shapes together. They squished slighty then Matthew picked them up and began twisting them.

They looked a bit like flattened double helixes of DNA. De ja vu or what!?

marbles

I also have "storms" of hawk feathers but thus far, no dream attached to the finding of them.

I find that strange coincidences and synchronisity seem to happen to me in storms. Also the terrifying hypnogogic dream times happen when there is a high level of "23" synchronous activity.

Is there a world-wide "high weirdness" detector web-site? If not, there should be. Great way to study the collective unconscious. Aha, maybe I'll use my marble collection to fund it.

What a dream I had last night. I was in a city and there were huge aeroplanes falling out of the sky, it was like being bombed with jumbo jets. Everyone was screaming. What made me go up onto one of the roofs of the tall buildings? Watching the devastation, of course one plane hit the roof I was on and I woke up. It was incredibly vivid, I was very relieved to be awake.

Back