• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

EdFort At 20 Conference

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
EdFort at 20

On the 9th of April 2019 the Edinburgh Fortean celebrated its 20th birthday

As part of our celebrations we are holding a one day conference at St Johns Church at the junction of Princes Street and Lothian Road
Saturday the 13th of July from (doors open at 11.15) 1130 to 1800 and then reconvening in a private vault in the Banshee Labyrinth from 1900 on.

The speakers are:-
Jan Bondeson – Talking Dogs of Germany
Richard Freeman – Death by Cryptid
Alison Rutter – Earth Hounds
Innes Smith – Paranormal Investigating – what’s the F****** point!?!? (F is for Fortean)
Caroline Watt – Investigating the Impossible: The work of the Koestler Parapsychology Unit
Richard Wiseman – Explaining the Unexplained: Magic, Mystery and Mayhem
Tickets are £12.50 for the whole day and are available at EdFort or directly from me. Tickets available online.
For general details about the Edinburgh Fortean Society check out the website

The 20th Anniversary of The Company of the Green Man newsletter is now available. I think it's free when you join, which is also free. I love it - it feels a bit like the 1970s and 1980s single area of study, done by enthusiasts, interesting titbits!

Deals with the whole of the Green Man phenomenon and well worth a look if your are into This Sort Of Thing.

The site is here!

Back