• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Egg Mysteries

Farmer finds egg inside another egg
A farmer cracked open a free range boiled egg for his breakfast, only to find another perfectly formed egg inside it.

It's happened again - this time in Australia ...

Farmer discovers small egg inside of large egg
Farmer Scott Stockman who works for Stockman's Eggs in Queensland, Australia, was shocked to find an unusually large egg that housed a smaller egg inside.

The large egg, which was shared on Stockman's Eggs Facebook page, weighs a little over 6 ounces in comparison to the close to 2 ounces that the average egg weighs. Once it was cracked open, an even smaller egg was unveiled.

"I have never seen such a large egg," Stockman said while speaking to news.com.au. "It has got everyone baffled about why it happened." ...

Farmer-discovers-small-egg-inside-of-large-egg.jpg

SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/0.../?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=4

Not as eggsiting as those eggs in eggs but I found this attached to someone's front garden wall in East Runton and couldn't resist putting a couple of 50p coins into the green drainpipe so I could take my half dozen eggs .. they need to add a trigger mechanism inside the pipe so it makes a chicken sound when you put your money in .. the mystery part is that I bought the only box there, put it in my backpack, 10 seconds later thought "I'm going to go back and take a picture of that green contraption ... and there was already a new box of eggs there (the one in this picture) .. just 10 seconds later and there was nobody in sight ? ..

I reckon there's someone sat behind that black door ..

eastruntoneggs2.jpg

Last edited:
Not as eggsiting as those eggs in eggs but I found this attached to someone's front garden wall in East Runton and couldn't resist putting a couple of 50p coins into the green drainpipe so I could take my half dozen eggs .. they need to add a trigger mechanism inside the pipe so it makes a chicken sound when you put your money in .. the mystery part is that I bought the only box there, put it in my backpack, 10 seconds later thought "I'm going to go back and take a picture of that green contraption ... and there was already a new box of eggs there (the one in this picture) .. just 10 seconds later and there was nobody in sight ? ..

I reckon there's someone sat behind that black door ..

View attachment 8708

If there was someone there they would need an HSE certificate and be required to pay the minimum wage, health insurance and holiday entitlement as well as registering for VAT and an annual fire safety drill.

Doing it this way - with new stock appearing on the shelf with absolutely no human intervention whatsoever is a clever way of getting around all these irritating laws.

Last edited:
If there was someone there they would need an HSE certificate and be required to pay the minimum wage, health insurance and holiday entitlement as well as registering for VAT and an annual fire safety drill.

Doing it this way - with new stock appearing on the shelf with absolutely no human intervention whatsoever is a clever way of greeting around all these irritating laws.
I wonder what else that person is doing there just sitting in their shed ? .. it's a good job I'm honest and didn't nick the eggs .. perhaps each coin flicks a leaver which then release chicken feed, Wallace & Gromit style.

They probably only leave one pack at a time outside so a thief will only get away with one.

They probably only leave one pack at a time outside so a thief will only get away with one.
I expect so .. there's a few roads near our house with people leaving home made produce (not just food items) outside with honesty pots ... you can buy amazing homemade marmalade from outside the Mrs workplace with an honesty pot that gets regularly emptied .. so you know you're always being watched but it's a nice local way of doing things IMO.

Back