• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

End of the Year Movie Roundup

StoryofE

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Here's the best I saw this year, in no particular order:

Millenium Actress(Sennen Joyu)
Whale Rider
The Lord of the Rings ~ The Return of the King
Kill Bill ~ Vol. 1
X2 ~ X-men United
28 Days Later
Bad Santa

:cool:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Finding Nemo
Kill Bill Vol 1
Love Actually (hey I can't help it, I'm a romantic at heart :))

ROTK
X-Men 2
Pirates of the Caribbean
Belleville Randevous

Seeing as it's the only film I've seen at the cinema this year I'll have to nominate 'Gangs of New York'

Lots of people didn't like it but it was nice and violent and that's good enough for me.

Pirates of the Caribbean
The Hours (Ed Harris should have got an Oscar)
Road to Perdition

(worst one - Timeline. No competition. Hilariously appalling :yeay: ).

Dog Soldiers
Pirates of the Carribean
Johnny English

Sorry, but I intend to declare a Fatwah on anyone who mentions Harry "Tosser" Potter in a favourable light! Them's the breaks, people!

out the two films I went to see this year the best, by a clear margin, was LotR Return of the king. the worst, er, by a clear margin, funnily enough, was Terminator 3:hmph:

Ah yes, Johnny English.:D Abba songs and an Aston Martin. What a combination.

Oh and X-Men II. I forgot that one. Although I've always felt that Jean Grey is strongly deserving of a good slap. I never bought that girl-next-door act of hers; manipulative cow, I reckon.;)

city of god

mystic river ( i actually messed up a date by taking a girl to see this...she said i was 'intellectually intimidating!!! ahahahah! i think she wanted to see something mindless :blah: )

the wierdest one was the re-make of the texas chainsaw massacre...not the actual film, but the ads before it! it was all kids toys and fun parks you can go to in florida....really strange!

best films of 2003:
solaris
the pianist
adaptation

worst of 2003:
rules of attraction
gangs of new york

Back