• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

energy/tension buildup

CoffeeJedi

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hello all, first time poster, long time reader. Your stories never cease to fascinate me. This is rather boring compared to tales of demonic Muppets and the like, but nevertheless, its my story.

A few weeks ago at the office, I was returning to my cube after a visit to the coffee machine. At the end of the hallway that I was walking down, there's the open office of one of our engineers. He's a pretty strange person: he mutters to himself, overreacts to the slightest provocation, and is generally regarded as an eccentric whom you must be carefull what you say around.

He sat on a standard desk chair, leaning back. As I walked towards him, I had the strangest feeling, like I was compelled to stare at him, or more specifically, his chair. Everything else in my vision "grayed out" except for Mr. Engineer and his chair. All around me, the air felt tight or tense, almost like there was an inaudible vibration centered around him.

*PING*

A bolt shot out from the bottom of the chair, hitting the floor. The seatback rocked back almost horizontal, nearly dumping him onto the floor. He grabbed the corner of his desk and shot a leg out to steady himself with, now straddling the flopping furniture. In any other circumstance, I would have laughed, but I was amazed that I had FELT this event happen before it did. I returned to my cubical, serenaded by a string of obscenities muttered under Mr. Engineer's breath.

(I'm assuming I just felt it, I'd feel pretty guilty if I'd actually CAUSED the chair to break by concentrating on it)

A little background: my fiance is Pagan, so she's always talking about energies and the elements and things like that. I'm a pretty rational/scientific person, but I've studied martials arts (as a spiritual/defense art, not as a sport) and have learned about the Oriental philosophy on energy (chi). Surprisingly, the Pagan and Oriental ideas are completely compatible, and members of my class and my fiance's group have done "energy work" together. I'm still unclear as to how it all 'works', but I see more evidence of its truth every day.

Anyone else ever felt something like that?

Ha! Reminds me of the time when I went for a job interview years ago, and the boss fell backwards in the chair (it was a duff chair with a broken back). Strange to say, I could see what was about to happen but didn't have enough time to warn him.
I couldn't help but laugh, which was rude of me.
I got the job! :cool:

Cool, someone else from PA, ta boot! Welcome!

What a weird experience.... but I have a few questions. You say you were walking directly towards him... why? Then you just turned around and left? (Haha, no wonder the poor guy talks to himself, people flippin' his chair over with their eyes all day!) Seriously, what were you feeling towards him, as you walked to him? Were you dreading talking to him?

My husband has had some 'energy' experiences, his hands in particular. He would drain our cell phone completely dead if he wore it. He used to be able to 'pull' my headache out of my head, and throw it away. (I wish he still could, I have a hummer right now!) And he gets shocked by vehicles, to the point where he handles the frame a certain way as to avoid it.

Looking forward to hearing more!

I'm from PA too. As a matter of fact Coffee, you're only like an hour away from me I think. (when I'm at home anyway. Right now I'm at school.)

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the subject. As far as the energy thing is concerned - the headache thing reminded me of this - I have been able to make my eye feel better when something got in it numerous times simply by touching my eyelid and concentrating. I have been able to do this to my bf too. Maybe whatever was in the eye just comes out when you do that, but that is not what it always seems like.

Whoo-HOO!!! It's a plot, I say! First, have Pennsylvanians take over some British forums, and theeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...........................

OOps.... public forum, I fordot! :D

Originally posted by Gemaki
Cool, someone else from PA, ta boot! Welcome!
thanks
What a weird experience.... but I have a few questions. You say you were walking directly towards him... why? Then you just turned around and left? (Haha, no wonder the poor guy talks to himself, people flippin' his chair over with their eyes all day!) Seriously, what were you feeling towards him, as you walked to him? Were you dreading talking to him?
well, he's at the top of a 'T' intersection in a hallway, and i take a left to get back to my cubicle. i remember thinking something along the lines of "gee, Mr. Engineer is such a strange character, I wonder what he would actually be diagnosed with", so nothing specific, just general thoughts. I'm an IT here, so I don't interact with him very often (however i do dread it, once i had a rather bad encounter when i didn't explain fully that i had backed up his data before deleting it)
My husband has had some 'energy' experiences, his hands in particular. He would drain our cell phone completely dead if he wore it. He used to be able to 'pull' my headache out of my head, and throw it away. (I wish he still could, I have a hummer right now!) And he gets shocked by vehicles, to the point where he handles the frame a certain way as to avoid it.
yeah, we've done the "headache" thing, i often wonder where the line between "exchanging energy" and simply "affecting someone's mood through actions and speech" is drawn, according to my fiance, they're two sides of the same coin really

Gemaki said:
He used to be able to 'pull' my headache out of my head, and throw it away. (I wish he still could, I have a hummer right now!)

My sister can do this. She has very hot hands as well.

She calls me electric woman because quite often I can fix or break electric goods just by touching them. Not all the time though.

CoffeeJedi said:
All around me, the air felt tight or tense, almost like there was an inaudible vibration centered around him.

Spider-Sense tingling? :p

It sounds a lot like this vague feeling I'm sometimes having, a feeling of tension, as if something's going to snap or break within the next few seconds.
It always makes me feel a bit uneasy, even though so far nothing has ever been happening whenever I had that feeling.

Back