• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Er, Question / Help request ?

A

Anonymous

Ok guys, I dunno if I'm posting in the right thread, but I need some advice from you ppl, since you all seem to know more then me! (not difficult).
Anyway, last night, at about 7pm, I finished work, and went home to have a shower. Nothing usual. However, during my shower, I happened to look over to the otherside of the bathroom (glass door on the shower, doesn't mist up when the fan's on), and there was a "person" just standing watching me. I can't describe it better then that. It was just a figure, and it seemed like the detail was just out of focus, kinda like a when you're eyes are watering. Didn't have soap in my eyes, and no one else was in the house at the time (they were all out doing whatever they do). I just stood watching this figure watching me, and I didn't feel any kind of fear or joy, or not much actually. And then, I dropped the soap, went to pick it up, and the figure had gone. I don't know who or what it was - the bathroom door was locked (I had to unlock to get out again), and I wasn't scared or worried, just curious.

Any advice, or idea what I've seen. I've never seen anything like it. It was weird !!

Thanks guys

Could have been this... or it might have been your image reflected in the glass or vapour in the bathroom.

Could be that - it did seem like an outline. The problem is - I know it wasn't my reflection - I would have recogonised myself, and it was weird. I can't explain it - you had to be there - all I can say is it wasn't me, and it wasn't there to hurt me. Whatever it was, it wasn't something I want to see again. It's freaked me out.

But thanks for the reply!!

I must confess that I often have a feeling of being watched in the shower (nothing kinky:eek!!!!: ). Although, I have never actually seen anything.

Basically, it generally occurs at the time when my hair is covered in shampoo and I have my back to the glass door. A surge of panic rises and I just seem to know that there is something watching. I try to control it, as my natural response is to turn around, open my eyes and take a look. As you may imagine, this ends up with me getting shampoo in my eyes and it bloody hurts.

I am not a jumpy person - and do not have any feelings like that eslewhere or at any other times.

Probably just the fact that I feel vulnerable at that moment - but that just isn't like me.

Not the same as what you are saying - but perhaps the mind can play tricks in the shower........

Reviving an old thread

I was bored and flicking through old threads and found this one. I just wanted to say I get the exact same thing. I'll be in the shower (it has a glass door which tends to steam up) facing away from the door and I'll suddenly think that there is someone on the other side of the door. When I turn round to look I'm not wondering whether or not I'll see something - but I'm SURE that I will. Of course I never do, my flat is new I've lived there for a year and never seen anything weird, I know that there will be no one in the bathroom - but still that feeling of certainty that someone will be there is freaky.

I agree with the above comment - I think its the vulnerablilty of being in the shower. Also as is often the case if you have a fan running the combined noise of the water and the fan makes you incredibly aware that you couldn't hear someone enter the room. In addition if you have a head lathered with/eyes full of shampoo you must get a state comparable to sensory depravation - and you know how that can make folk go funny! :)

Of course watching the infamous shower scene in 'Psycho' can't help...

:eek!!!!:

We have a shower curtain (all the better for those psychos to stab me through . . .:monster: so don't get the 'ghost phenomenon, but when in an hotel I get the creepy feeling - must be the aforementioned shower-vulnerability effect, combined with an unfamiliar bathroom!

Carole

Could be you saw your doppleganger, which is a rare but accepted hallucination where you see an image of yourself looking at you. The classic reaction to seeing your doppleganger is one of detatchment, neither afraid nor amazed nor anything else. Seeing as you mentioned this, it seems the most likely explanation.

And I don't mean to alarm you, but seeing your doppleganger can sometimes be a precursor to neural disfunction, so you might want to get checked out by a doctor.

The obvious thing to me is that your extraction fans are producing Ultra Low Frequency waves that are causing you all to feel discomfort/fear/presence/hallucinations, etc. This is very common where this is something like an air-conditioning unit, extractor fan, in or near a small room - in fact it has been the excuse for some debunkers to throw out the argument for ghosts altogether!!! Why don't you turn off your extractor fans whilst you are in the shower (only minutes afterall) then turn it on again while you dress somewhere else. The feelings may never trouble you again!

Alternatively, you may have been seeing something that someone else once saw - you know the theory that when you see a ghost you aren't seeing the ghost but you are standing where the ghost is seeing what it saw under the same conditions you now find yourself? Perhaps the person was slightly short-sighted, thus explaining the faint blurring as someone would indeed remove glasses in order to bathe or shower, and having a poignant moment with someone at some previous time? The thing to do is to not worry about it as it clearly is not menacing. If you can't face this thought then refer to the above again and believe like you have never believed the theory before!

Not Very Helpful

This isn't very helpful but it sounds much like the shadow people reports I've read, too. They are often outlines or silhouettes and vanish rather suddenly.

It was jolly brave of you to pick up that soap but, as you say, you felt no threat, only mild curiosity. This alone suggests an interesting interaction, or some influence. Any stray thoughts to report during the encounter?

Back