• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Esoterica

To advertise in FT, call Mark or Steve on 020 7687 7076/7080.

Paul,

Having started an identical thread in three forums recommending a product, your intentions are suspect.

Threads should stimulate discussion and dialogue. Yours does neither. Recommending a book that is relevant to the particular Fortean topic being discussed is far better than being a crass schill. Please delete all of your threads.

Minor Drag said:
Paul,

Having started an identical thread in three forums recommending a product, your intentions are suspect.
Oh rats, I've only found two so far.

No prize for me then, I guess.

It's an Easter egg thing, isn't it?
Maybe that's what The Ultimate Quest is; to find and obliterate/ridicule all these shameless plugs?

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll resurrect this long-dead thread. Finishing my hike on Saturday, the last hour I got turned around in the dark and muddy fields of west Wiltshire (couldn't consult a map due to the pouring rain, mobile phone screen was wet and unresponsive). Tired and knowing that my destination was frustratingly close, I clambered over a barbed-wire fence onto a private track and followed it into the village, apologising to a frightened-looking landowner on my way through. I dived into the first pub I passed, and while sitting enjoying my hot meal, I saw this on the shelf beside me, which raised my eyebrows a little:
20240217_185814.jpg

Back