• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Exotic Human Artifacts Misinterpreted As Fortean Anomalies

TulipTree

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Although I believe this machine was recently shown to be modern equipment that was buried as a way of disposal not to hide it's mysterious origin, I always enjoyed the claim that it was covered with mysterious writing.

You can see the image of the machine and writing by scrolling down this page.

bradandsherry.com/mysteriespast02.htm
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040402005739/http://www.bradandsherry.com/mysteriespast02.htm

One of the things I like about these images is that there are similarities between some of them. I don't know whether this lends to their authenticity or just shows that people have similar ideas of what alien writing should look like.

That 'machine' image rings a bell - not sure why. I think it's not an actual unknown machine IIRC. Hmm...

Hey! Might this then be connected to the 'ancient artifact/machine' supposedly found in the isolated Siberia Forest, then? They've still not gone back to investigate it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
JerryB said:
That 'machine' image rings a bell - not sure why. I think it's not an actual unknown machine IIRC. Hmm...

Yes, I think I saw a recent color photo of a very similar machine on Rense. A reader had e-mailed him saying that he knew what it was (I can't remember what). I know that I wasn't disappointed, because I enjoy speculations of archaic technological civilizations so much that I even think the hoaxes are fun. :D

Originally posted by Vitrius
Hey! Might this then be connected to the 'ancient artifact/machine' supposedly found in the isolated Siberia Forest, then? They've still not gone back to investigate it yet.

I don't know about that one. Any more information or strange writings discovered with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tulip Tree said:
Yes, I think I saw a recent color photo of a very similar machine on Rense. A reader had e-mailed him saying that he knew what it was (I can't remember what).

Yep, that's the one!

Although I believe this machine was recently shown to be modern equipment that was buried as a way of disposal not to hide it's mysterious origin, ...

Just for the record ...

Here's the image of the mystery machine appearing in Brad and Sherry Steiger's book.

mysteryobject2.jpg

This object is actually one of the "yin-yang" magnetic containment mirror gizmos constructed, but never used, in Lawrence Livermore's Mirror Fusion Test Facility:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Fusion_Test_Facility

This apparatus was eventually buried after the project site was dismantled.

Here's a photo of the original apparatus upon delivery.

Llnl_03.jpg

Crikey!

What is it supposed to do?

You hook it up to the mains, and dadaists automaticaly drop dead within a radius of a hundred miles?

Any why was it transported by rollers? Hadnt they wheels back then?

Back