• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Eyes Of A Child

A

Anonymous

John Luty

I am now in my late 40's but I quite vividly recall a couple of things from my teens which put the wind up me at the time. The first concerned an air crash. In a dream I could see a plane on the ground in a snow storm. The cargo people were loading coffins onto it. On waking I thought it was just morbidness, but that evening when the paper was delivered, the front page announced that there had been a crash somewhere in Europe, in snowy conditions.I was totally shocked by this and my blood ran cold...

http://www.forteantimes.com/happened/planevision.shtml

Link is dead. See post below for complete text.

Last edited by a moderator:
IHTM said:
John Luty

On waking I thought it was just morbidness, but that evening when the paper was delivered, the front page announced that there had been a crash somewhere in Europe, in snowy conditions.[/url]

So I presume, from your description, that the crash happened whilst you were sleeping? If so, the TV and Radio would have been reporting the situation. It is possable to pick up radio signals from things such as fillings so I wonder if any of the reports were somehow picked up by your sleeping brain? I know brain activity is measured by electricity, but I wonder also if radio waves are on the same frequency?

I've also had a tragic event appear in my dream in real time, that is, I think when it was actually happening. My guess is that this probably happens more often than we're aware of. My dream was about something entirely different than what happened in the middle of it. I was talking to someone about something, when we were interupted by a big noise up in the sky. I looked up and cars, trucks, and a bus were falling out of the sky and crashing into the streets around us.

Later, when awake, I turned on the TV to see a news report about a bridge collapse in Oklahoma. Many people had driven their vehicales off the middle span of the bridge before realizing it had partially collapsed. Many had died. My family is from there, both American Indian and European branches. Although I've lost contact with them, I know I still have many relatives there. Perhaps this is why this event entered my consciousness. I don't know, but I don't believe it was a coincidence.

And yes, I believe that at least some lights are spirits. In fact, some tribes call these lights "spirit lights." I've seen some myself, and they project something that's hard to define but is like willfulness, or intelligence. These lights also have a visual quality I've never seen duplicated by ordinary light. They have depth, and seem liquid, or shimmer in a "firey" way. It's nothing like any other light I've seen.

I'm not trying to rubbish anyone's experience here but I often wake up knowing all about world affairs because I've left the radio on all night, on the World Service!

(The only time this seemed spooky was when Princess Diana died. I'd gone to bed after hearing vague news of the car crash, then suddenly found myself wide awake to the sound of orchestral music on the radio. It suddenly went off and the announcer said, 'It is with deep regret that we interrupt this programme to give you the news of the death of Princess Diana' etc or words to that effect. It was the first announcement, just before 4am, and I'd woken up just in time to hear it.)

drew a picture

I won't bore everyone with the details, but I once drew a picture of a plane incident I'd experienced in a dream and gave it to my wife who stuck it to the wall next to her desk at work. Loads of people saw it. Then some time later, several weeks I'm sure, there was a news report with pictures of this rather unusual incident which was of course exactly like my dream. The odd thing was that nobody seemed to think it was really that unusual, like everybody really just accepted that this sort of thing sometimes happens.

Then there was that fella who was supposed to be displaying his artwork in the Twin Towers on 11th September. He had started and developed his piece in the building and finished it ready to display inside the center of world trade.

His piece was a skyscraper with a few crashed planes jutting out from the sides in a rather precarious and hap-hazard manner.

He and his artwork survived because he did not make it to work that day or perhaps he was supposed to work later on anyway.

P.S If anyone has the Issue of Fortean times that featured this article, please feel free to correct my mistakes.

St.Clair said:
His piece was a skyscraper with a few crashed planes jutting out from the sides in a rather precarious and hap-hazard manner.

He and his artwork survived because he did not make it to work that day or perhaps he was supposed to work later on anyway.

P.S If anyone has the Issue of Fortean times that featured this article, please feel free to correct my mistakes.

Have the issue somewhere but gods knows where it is. However the way I remember the article the sculpture was of himself being pierced by planes and he was killed in the attack

When I was a very young kid I had a dream about a news item (on John Craven's Newsround no less!) where living dinosaurs were discovered in a jungle. I can clearly remember a native pygmy-type stood next to two large, greyish white apatosaurus-esque saurapods, which I remember had strangely flat heads.

The dream was so realistic I believed it was real for years, until I got old enough to realise that of course it wasn't.

What's that got to do with this thread? Um, on relflection not much. Sorry.

The link in post #1 is long dead. Here's the complete text, salvaged from the Wayback Machine ...

-------------------------------------------
EYES OF A CHILD

John Luty

I am now in my late 40's but I quite vividly recall a couple of things from my teens which put the wind up me at the time. The first concerned an air crash. In a dream I could see a plane on the ground in a snow storm. The cargo people were loading coffins onto it. On waking I thought it was just morbidness, but that evening when the paper was delivered, the front page announced that there had been a crash somewhere in Europe, in snowy conditions.I was totally shocked by this and my blood ran cold.

The second odd thing occured when I awoke in the middle of the night and looked out of my bedroom window. There was a white ball of light floating along the roof of the house opposite.I saw this and just sort of fell backwards onto my bed and went to sleep. The next morning I heard that the man who lived at the end of the street had died .Could it have been a spirit orb floating away?
--------------------------------------------

SALVAGED FROM: https://web.archive.org/web/20030407224244/http://www.forteantimes.com:80/happened/planevision.shtml

When i was very young (2 years old or so) my mom told me later that she would quite often hear me talking in our bathroom, having quite long chats, when she inquired as to whom i was talking, i would say "the pop up people", i have no memory of actually talking to these pop up people in the bathroom but have a vague memory of it happening. Does anyone else have any similar encounters with pop up people?

According to my Nan, when I was very young (2 or less) she'd been struggling to push me up a hill in my pushchair and commented "Nana's getting old No9" and I'd said "Well it is a 1 in 4 gradient Nana." (can't remember the exact number). She'd mentioned it to my uncle when we'd got home and he'd asked her which hill and confirmed it was about right. When she told me years later I had to ask her what that meant.

According to my Nan, when I was very young (2 or less) she'd been struggling to push me up a hill in my pushchair and commented "Nana's getting old No9" and I'd said "Well it is a 1 in 4 gradient Nana." (can't remember the exact number). She'd mentioned it to my uncle when we'd got home and he'd asked her which hill and confirmed it was about right. When she told me years later I had to ask her what that meant.
Unless you were an exceptionally gifted child (I had one who talked extremely fluently well before two and even she wouldn't have known the word 'gradient' at that age), I humbly suggest that your Nan may have misheard something you said and interpreted it as being about a 1 in 4 gradient.

Unless you were an exceptionally gifted child (I had one who talked extremely fluently well before two and even she wouldn't have known the word 'gradient' at that age), I humbly suggest that your Nan may have misheard something you said and interpreted it as being about a 1 in 4 gradient.
As you'll know, parents have to be careful what they say in front of small children because they repeat everything they hear. So if Little NumberNine had heard the term '1 in 4 gradient' in the context of steepness they might well come out with it.

I agree that 2 is a little young though.

As you'll know, parents have to be careful what they say in front of small children because they repeat everything they hear. So if Little NumberNine had heard the term '1 in 4 gradient' in the context of steepness they might well come out with it.

I agree that 2 is a little young though.
This is also very true.

Children can be proper little parrots, and usually when it's most embarrassing and/or socially awkward.

The point of me mentioning that when my Nan told me about it years later I had no idea what gradient meant was to underline that I was not implying that I was an exceptionally gifted child who understood the meaning of that word at that age. Otherwise it's a reasonable enough suggestion, but to add context; According to my family and neighbours who'd take me out at around the same age, strangers who'd commented that I was cute and been fronted with a response along the lines of "You hurt that little boy" or "You were cruel to that lady", provoking them into explosive rage that I'd had to be picked up and removed from, weren't mishearing me. It was clear to me from my first conscious memories, that I later established started during a Bonny Baby contest I'd been entered in at 18 months old, that these observations weren't originating in my own mind so it was never a consideration that they were in any way linked to or dependent on my level of intellect.

Back