• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Eyes Turning Black?

faith2faith

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I just read an old interview with David Icke (yes, I know, he has a really bad rep, what with his reptilian theories and all), and he said you can recognize a reptilian by their eyes turning black at times. He claims he's talked to many people who had the same experience.

So, here's my question: Are there any readers on this forum who have EVER seen a person's eyes turn black -- not just the iris, I mean, whites and all????

I sure haven't. Then again, I've seen many other weird things... so tell me, everybody!

I've never seen this, although it's been known for the pupils of some people's eyes to get really big in certain conditions.

I have seen a person's eyes turn black. But it was just before they died so I don't suppose it applies to Icke's "theory". My mother was dying of cancer in hospital and was unconscious but you could see a bit of the whites of her eyes and towards the end they started to turn a dark black. It was the one thing I didn't expect, and very distressing. The nurse didn't say the reason for it at the time but said that it was part of the dying process. Very weird though...

While I wouldn`t call them *black*, my husband`s eyes are a very dark color when he wakes up. A deep dark red color - like his eyes are completely bloodshot. But it goes away within 5 minutes or so. In low light they do look completely black though.

Does that mean *gasp* that he`s a reptilian? :lol:

tamyu said:
While I wouldn`t call them *black*, my husband`s eyes are a very dark color when he wakes up. A deep dark red color - like his eyes are completely bloodshot. But it goes away within 5 minutes or so. In low light they do look completely black though.

I'm afraid so. Watch him carefully to see if he shape-changes. :lol:

Mythopoeika said:
tamyu said:

The van will be around soon.

Can you take a photo?

I have a crazy ginger cat whose eyes go totally black just before he's really, REALLY naughty! :)

Is that because their pupils dilate?
Maybe that is the case with some humans as well?

People´s eyes turning black means they are reptiles? What a ridiculous idea. Everybody knows it is a sign they have been possessed by Satan.

I saw a guy on TV who had been almost strangled to death. The blood vessels in his eyes had burst, which meant the white in his eyes had turned completely red. Which as he had green irises made him look rather weird.

Xanatico said:
People´s eyes turning black means they are reptiles? What a ridiculous idea. Everybody knows it is a sign they have been possessed by Satan.

But isn't Satan the personage also commonly referred to as "that Old Serpent"?

This "Black Eyes" phenomenon seems cognate with the relatively-recent reports of Black-Eyed Kids (BEK) and Black-Eyed People (BEP).

OldTimeRadio said:
This "Black Eyes" phenomenon seems cognate with the relatively-recent reports of Black-Eyed Kids (BEK) and Black-Eyed People (BEP).

We have at least one thread on black-eyed children but I had a look for it and I'll be damned if I can find it.

Mighty_Emperor said:
We have at least one thread on black-eyed children but I had a look for it and I'll be damned if I can find it.

Well, you're no fun either. <g>

I also tried (unsuccessfully) to look for the thread but I assumed that one of me betters could find it.

Now I've lost my faith.

Mythopoeika said:

Something really strange - his family (or one of his ancestors at least - was supposed to have been a shape-changing fox. I posted about it a while back in some other thread buried somewhere. I`ll see if I can find it and post the link.

tamyu said:
Mythopoeika said:

Something really strange - his family (or one of his ancestors at least - was supposed to have been a shape-changing fox. I posted about it a while back in some other thread buried somewhere. I`ll see if I can find it and post the link.

In an attempt to restore some of OTR's confidence:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 604#521604

Are "eyes turning black" symptomatic of any disease?

Toes turning black are a pretty sure sign that one has been ignoring diabetes for way too long.

Black eyes

I haven't seen any black eyed kids or black eyed people in general but I have seen black eyed peas - does that count?

No but seriously I thought the connection about satan and reptiles was interesting and possibly true as for Ickes stance on their connection to the world and the running of it, personally I don't think it is important, even if true for the following reason: Being of a philosophical nature I believe that what is inside is more important than what is outside. By this I mean prejudice is about surface illusions not inner reality i.e. the motives that drive peoples actions, rather than how they look. There is a terrible conspiracy in the world at the moment but it's not about race, it's about greed (Shallow appearance as opposed to in depth character). Look at how America now has a monkey in the White House where the Russians were at least sending theirs into outer space at first. Labour has dropped the goal posts, so that we are dumbing down too. In the past people were reaching for the stars and trying to get the best out of themselves and others but now....it's all drugs, crime, gambling and the lowest common denominator all round. Icke blames the reptiles - I blame human cowardice.

Re: Black eyes

paigetheoracle said:
Being of a philosophical nature I believe that what is inside is more important than what is outside. By this I mean prejudice is about surface illusions not inner reality....

Indeed. Just look at the individual who was one of the most sincere and humble Christians of modern times - John Merrick, the "Elephant Man."

I could show you a good black eye...

- probably won't though, until I can work this keyboard with two hands... :shock:

And there's the old Russian tune "Black Eyes" which became so popular in North America and Britain during World War Two, in the days when Josef Stalin was "Uncle Joe" and the Russians "our brave and glorious Soviet allies."

felixgarnet said:
I have a crazy ginger cat whose eyes go totally black just before he's really, REALLY naughty! :)

LOL--sounds just like my cat (also a ginger cat BTW!) :D

Dingo--yes, it's definitely due to the pupils of the eyes dilating. It happens in humans as well as other animals--including crazy kitties as mentioned above. :lol: Lots of things can cause this--the eyes adjusting to less light, anger, fear, etc. It's very very common!

Xanatico--it was interesting your mentioning the man who was strangled almost to death (poor man! :shock: ) whose eyes were totally bloodshot (no wonder!!). And the fact that his irises being green giving him a very weird look--I can well believe it, I have green eyes myself and due to allergies and Chronic Dry Eye (boo hiss!) my eyes are often bloodshot. (Thank God for eye drops!!). It does look very odd and not very attractive--I often joke when my eyes are particularly bloodshot that they remind me of Christmas lights (all that red and green together! :p ).

And speaking of which--I don't know about "black eyes" but I do know that a person's eyes can change color (at least the irises can!). This happened to me and to at least one first cousin I know of--maybe it's some weird family trait?! :twisted: Anyway, I had blue eyes for years until I was about 11 years old, when my eyes began to turn green--and green they have remained ever since. Which has been decades now!! (And oddly enough, my cousin's eyes changed to green when she was also about 11 years old!! :eek!!!!: )

Hey--I never said I was normal! :lol:

P.S. Old Time Radio--very good question regarding whether eyes turning black could be symptomatic of some kind of disease!! I really don't know the answer to that but it's a very interesting question--maybe we have a medically trained person on the Forum who could answer this question??

I have heard that in rare cases certain drugs can actually alter the color of a person's eyes--I believe that one of the meds is one commonly used for people with glaucoma??

Does anyone know anything about this? :confused:

I have heard that in rare cases certain drugs can actually alter the color of a person's eyes

isn't there a very potent antibiotic that makes your tears, saliva and all other bodily secretions turn red? not sure if it effects the whites of the eyes though...

...if we're thinking in terms of dilated pupils too, that can be a drug effect, iirc belladonna was used for that purpose... wonder if there could be a cultural connection there... with 'black eyes' and people being totally off their faces...

When people die their skin sometimes flushes a dark purple, almost black, almost immediately. It's a strange thing to see - similar to footage I've seen of octopi changing colour. I've never noticed it happening to people's eyes but I suppose it's possible.

My dog's pupils dilate so there's no iris showing at all when he's in an extra-insane mood (which is pretty common).

Caucasian babies are born with blue eyes which change colour later. So in many ways this is a common natural process.

My daughter (who is mixed race) was born with mid brown eyes but within about an hour of the birth her eyes had changed to black and have been that colour ever since. I don't know how common this is and its something I have always wondered about. But yes I've seen someones eyes turn black in a short space of time. Her eyes are really black, you can't tell the difference between the pupil and the iris under most lighting conditions

I always found really black eyes very appealing. It makes humans look sort of animal like, in a good way. I wish I had black eyes...

I'm sure your eyes are lovely dingo.

I don't think there is any bad colour of eyes to have all colours look attractive.

You know what I'd love to have that different colour eye thing - one green one blue - so cool..

tamyu said:
Mythopoeika said:

I recall reading about this years ago on this forum. Wasn't there also an article about the ancestor in FT too?

Back