• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Faking UFO Videos

A

Anonymous

a mate of mine is a teacher.

she wants to set her kids the task of faking a ufo sighting on video.

any suggestions on what the kids can try?

painting a UFO on glass and moveing it across the sky.
A kite with a torch on it.
A ballon with torch.

Cover frisbee with Tin Foil,
throw frisbee and take photo!:D

Keyser Soze said:
Cover frisbee with Tin Foil,
throw frisbee and take photo!:D

trouble is it dont look good moveing tho... need something heavy .. maybe a bin lid on a pully system

Fire balloon.

Swamp gas. :)

Secret aircraft. :D

sidecar_jon said:
trouble is it dont look good moveing tho... need something heavy .. maybe a bin lid on a pully system
Think Billy Meier - chuck a hubcap about and snap it in flight (no mean feat when you've only one arm :)).

Make a large shallow dish from light aluminium foil, carefully hold it over a large bonfire and allow the heat to lift it slowly and almost gracefully into the air while the kiddies parents expensive digital cameras whirr away. It might work and kids love anything to do with fire!

Oh, by the way ... why does the teacher want them to fake UFO footage? Are they being trained for a career in military intelligence?

Video makes it hard.

I faked some pictures for a school report using a Polaroid camera, a tennis ball covered in foil, and a frisbee like object. (The frisbee thing did not look convincing as it was bright yellow plastic, but it helped me make my point.)

The tennis ball in foil looked great in stills, but I'm not sure how it would go in video, as the blurring distorted the shape, and it was only in the viewfinder for a fraction of a second. I don't think it would be easy to track, but if a few kids work together, and maybe slow the film down afterwards...

thanks everyone.

not sure why she wants to do it. i will find out tommorrow

Back