• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Feeling' Ghosts (My Hypothesis): Extending Detection Via VR Tech

A

Anonymous

It is a combination of a current invention and a theory which I have combined into a possibly new hypothesis.

The first of which is the virtual reality gloves. The way they work is a computer program creates shapes and it is connected to a set of gloves with motor resistors. When someone puts on the glove it has a graphical representation on the screen. Move the glove in real life, and it moves the same way on the screen. If the glove on the screen touches an object, the real life glove will react accordingly by stopping, slowing down, heating up, etc. The person wearing the glove is not, in reality, touching anything, but because of the feedback caused by the program tells the glove to react a certain way, the person feels what the object would feel like in real life. For example, if I were to use such a set-up, I would draw a picture of a metal ball on the screen. I, wearing the glove interface, would move the graphic representation of the glove to the ball by moving my hand in a similar direction. When the computer glove touches the ball, the real glove would stop me from moving my hand. The real glove could also cool down so I can feel what the metal ball feels like. If I tried to pick up the ball, the real glove would also use motors to cause resistance to make it feel like the ball is heavy. I originally saw this invention on tech t.v.

The second is the theory of ghosts and other dimensions causing electromagnetic field disturbances. People who have claimed to witness ghosts commonly hear strange noises, see strange things, smell stranges odors, and sometimes feel things that aren't there. Examples of these phenomena are phantom visions, temperature change, phantom touching, objects moving by themselves. When these occurances get investigated, they are measured/tracked/recorded by infrared/heat cameras, sound recorders, electromagnetic gauges, and other measuring devices. Likewise, some people believe that ghosts may actually be a being from another dimension, that somehow get close to our world.

What if they were put together? With the right calibrations, the glove could easily be made to react off stimuli received by the measuring devices. As such, someone could indirectly feel a ghost's form through the change in temperature and electromagnetic waves caused by it's presence. This hypothesis could also be applied to other abstract/paranormal sciences like feng shui, spiritual grounds like stonehenge and nazca lines, and aura readings.

Interesting idea petegraf but how would you filter out all of the electrical signals that you dont want? your equipment would have to be highly accurate. The amounts of energy some ghost researchers claim to measure while monitoring a suspected haunted location are very small. it is hard enough to measure these types of signals accurately in a lab, i wouldn't like to try anywhere else.

VR Ghost gloves

A better impression of the disturbances in question would be if the computer assigned a brightness to the readings as well, and as well as touching the disturbances (if any) you could see faintly glowing shapes or streams in 3-D.
This virtual gloves/glasses combo is actually a useful idea that could be used for many 3-D phenomena apart from parapsychology, for instance magnetic flux, geophysical readings or gravimetric variations.
Well done!
Steve b

I'm not sure about ghosts, but I can certainly see the applications of this for relaying data from a computer to a person. You could use it to make it possible to sense the slightest fluctuations in air temperature or even to superimpose physical sensations on a space- create an imaginary rope you can follow around a mapped-out building if you need to sneak about it in the dark.

Not relevant to the original post, I'll grant, but absolutely intriguing possibilites.

Back