• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Feeling Rain Drops Inside

From www.washington.edu

I've heard the "spider urine" myth once from the USA and twice from Latin America, where it probably originated. It seems that there are one or more spider species that urinate on sleeping persons, and the urine, rather than a bite, causes a skin ulceration. In Guatemala this myth centers on a tarantula species locally called araña de caballo (horse spider) which is said to cause severe hoof and leg trouble in horses and other livestock by urinating on them. In truth, spiders do not have separate urine and feces, and their droppings consist largely of guanine, which is a component of DNA and found in all living things; highly unlikely to cause any skin reaction!

My take would be misperception for feelings of water - although, one should investigate 'just noticible differences' in regards to touch, weight, light, sound etc. Perhaps, this feelings (which I have experienced) is a version of formication (I said Formication...gah! :lol: )

I was travelling north yesterday in a van - London/Oxford/Market Harborough/Cheshire - and it rained heavily. I could feel spots of rain on my face and legs, as if a window were open, but none were. I could even feel blobs of 'rain' hit my thigh and glance down, to see not a trace.

That hire van was creepy though. I kept hearing distant sirens and looking around for the ambulance or police or whatever. No emergency service in sight! It was the wind whistling through the back doors.

i used to feel the phantom drip a lot when i was at school, at the time i assumed it was one of those things that happens to everyone. it hasn't happened for years now though.
i also feel phantom 'stabs'! it feels literally like a needle jab which makes me jump (well it would, wouldn't it!) and happens all over my body randomly. weird.

Back