• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Flash Gordon & Other Bad Films!

My uncle went to school with the bloke who played Flash .. just saying ..

I call Bullshido - your uncle is having you on. :rollingw:

I didn't know that wasn't his real voice ! .. anyhoo, they both went to posh school Repton, the school they used to film Goodbye Mr. Chips ..

Sam J Jones went to Repton - find me a source and not just your uncle.

Even the frogman Buster Crabb although English was too poor to go to Repton

Are you sure it wasn't Jeremy Clarkson?

Last edited:

Not confusing Buster Crabb, the British diver who disappeared in a most Fortean manner whilst investigating a Soviet submarine, with Buster CrabbE the American actor?

Not confusing Buster Crabb, the British diver who disappeared in a most Fortean manner whilst investigating a Soviet submarine, with Buster CrabbE the American actor?

that's my point I thought it might be possible the English diver went to Repton. He didn't and neither did the Flash/Tarzan Buster either. We've got an English Crabb thread somewhere on here I seem to remember.

I've just sent a private message to Sam Jones on Facebook, I suspect you're correct but with any luck, the man himself will reply to my message. I've kept it brief (and wished him a Happy Christmas) .. :

Hi, my name's *********, I live in Norfolk, England and I'm hoping you can solve a query please Mr Jones .. my uncle told me ages ago that you were briefly at Repton in Derbyshire .. was he pulling my leg or is that true? .. and did you ever visit Repton? .. thanks in advance and I hope you have a good Chrismas.

How cool would it be to get a reply? .. even if it's a no ..

Last edited:
Back