• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Flying tub of sudocrem

titch

Justified & Ancient
I have just had a bath,and as i was pulling on my trousers ,facing the door,an object came from behind me and struck the door,then bounced back and came to a stop just before my feet! :D
I cant think of any rational reason for it,i was on my own at the time,Dayia the fearless rat-killing cat of ole London town was drafted in to search for spooks, but just walked unworried back out,showing no signs of fear,ah well just 1 of those things i guess. :D

Re: Flying tub of sudochrem

titch said:
...i was on my own at the time,Dayia the fearless rat-killing cat of ole London town was drafted in to search for spooks...

On your own? Nope, the cat must have done it. :)

I took it as to say that the cat wasn't in the bathroom, as you said it was drafted in to check, but walked back out. Otherwise, you hadn't checked all rational causes, (The cat being one of them if it was in the room.) :)

Dare I ask what the object was? It might provide a clue.

gncxx said:

I suspect it was the sudocream of the title. Perhaps a randy polt want to use it to lub...

ramonmercado said:
gncxx said:

I suspect it was the sudocream of the title. Perhaps a randy polt want to use it to lub...

Er, yeah, but I don't know what "sudochrem" is!

It's a cross between cremation and Sodastream. You load your loved one into a giant syphon and carbonate them with a capsule of pressurized CO2. It is fizzy and fun but may be illegal in some States.

It might annoy the deceased, however, which is where we came in. :shock:

Sudocrem_Antiseptic_Healing_Cream_250g_tub.jpg

and its also an antiseptic cream,i myself have never used it for pervy reasons,hang your head in shame ramon!
And yes i was alone in the bathroom at the time,the cat was conscripted a few minutes later.

Ah, thanks. Although that hasn't cleared up anything about the mystery, really. Unless James wasn't joking...?

Where was the Sudocrem before it decided to fly?

Interesting story!

Sudocrem is often used to treat nappy rash, and there is (as far as I know) some correlation between children and out of the ordinary occurrences. Do you have young kids?

Lots of strange stuff went on when my kids were little.

titch said:
and its also an antiseptic cream,i myself have never used it for pervy reasons,hang your head in shame ramon!
And yes i was alone in the bathroom at the time,the cat was conscripted a few minutes later.

Now explain how the cream got on the cat...

It certainly looks like a very stable package that normally should stay put.

Cavynaut said:
Interesting story!

Sudocrem is often used to treat nappy rash, and there is (as far as I know) some correlation between children and out of the ordinary occurrences. Do you have young kids?

Yup, good question! Tell all! :D

In my bathroom, shampoo and conditioner bottles tend to always slide off the edge of the bath, pick up speed on the slope inside the bath, and fly up and out, onto the floor. Maybe the Sudocreme had done this. :)

escargot1 said:
Cavynaut said:
Interesting story!

Yup, good question! Tell all! :D

Lots of stuff went on, some of which I've mentioned on here over the years. We had apports (sp?), things moving around by themselves, the kids complaining of pellets of paper being dropped on their heads when there was nobody else around, whispering in their ears, and the eldest says that she saw a figure in the kitchen. To my shame, I always took their stories with a pinch of salt, but I did once hear a strange wail/howl from the kitchen once.

We moved from that house around 9 months ago, but the effect that whatever was going on has had on my daughters is still plain to see. The youngest (she is now 17) is still very jumpy at simple stuff such as the wind blowing the curtains etc. :(

coaly said:
In my bathroom, shampoo and conditioner bottles tend to always slide off the edge of the bath, pick up speed on the slope inside the bath, and fly up and out, onto the floor. Maybe the Sudocreme had done this. :)

It's your own fault for buying a frictionless bath!

coaly said:
Physically, this is not possible unless the object has been given a hearty original shove. Like a pendulum, the object cannot rise any higher than its original height.

But, years ago, I sometimes found it fun to slide a bar of wet soap along the top of one side of the bath, with the aim of getting it to do a 'wall-of-death' around the top end of the bath and return along the other side. It was crucial to get the initial shove just right. Too gentle and the soap would just drop down into the top end of the bath, but too hard and the soap might well complete the 'wall-of-death' and fly out of the bath completely! (A good idea to have the toilet lid closed, just in case! 8) )

Sorry, you're right, I meant "off the shelf, into the bath, and back out." There's a lot of stuff happening in a bathroom. Heat changes, moisture and vibration, soapy products causing temporary resistance deficiancy :D... and even sound vibration oddness. (Does anyone else, try and find the resonance match with their voice, and the room? Mid hum can make the whole room vibrate and boom.) 8)

coaly said:
Perhaps, your bath is haunted?

Do you know... it might just well be. I know there's a chain in there, maybe used by ghosts to rattle, and a large white curtain, which could be used as a sheet for ghosts! It's quite echoey too, just the right 'atmos' for spooks! Perhaps I should exorcise a bit of caution when in there! :shock:

coaly said:
Do you know... it might just well be. I know there's a chain in there, maybe used by ghosts to rattle, and a large white curtain, which could be used as a sheet for ghosts! It's quite echoey too, just the right 'atmos' for spooks!

...my bath regularly has a disgusting, pasty white beast that emerges from the murky depths with a face the shade of beetroot and all it's tackle swinging in the chillly fog, and if you wipe the condensation off the mirror, horror of horror, you realise that it's....oh, it's me. :(

Mythopoeika said:
Where was the Sudocrem before it decided to fly?
Errrmmm i have no idea! i didn't even know there was any in the bathroom. :)
In the house at the time was 2 adults and two children,aged 13 and 17,and i had a thumping headache at the time.

coaly said:
Sorry, you're right, I meant "off the shelf, into the bath, and back out." There's a lot of stuff happening in a bathroom. Heat changes, moisture and vibration, soapy products causing temporary resistance deficiancy :D... and even sound vibration oddness. (Does anyone else, try and find the resonance match with their voice, and the room? Mid hum can make the whole room vibrate and boom.) 8)

The acoustics in a bathroom are brilliant, I usually record acoustic guitar tracks in mine lol

I have had a bar of soap fly at me from across the bathroom before, never a tub of anything though

disgruntledgoth said:
coaly said:

The acoustics in a bathroom are brilliant, I usually record acoustic guitar tracks in mine lol

I have had a bar of soap fly at me from across the bathroom before, never a tub of anything though

Ghosts are telling you something about your guitar playing. ;)

Is it possible to correct the spelling in this thread's title now? SUDOCREM. :)

titch said:
I have just had a bath,and as i was pulling on my trousers ,facing the door,an object came from behind me and struck the door,then bounced back and came to a stop just before my feet!...

I was once in the smallest room in the house, with the toilet in it, when, being in the necessary state of déshabillé, my mobile phone fell out of my pocket. I leaned over and picked it up, but rather than risk wrestling with my pockets while trying to concentrate on other pressing matters I dropped the phone into the crotch of my pants, making a mental note not to forget it was there.

Anyway, once I'd turned my bike round I promptly forgot to remember my phone's present whereabouts and hauled my trousers up at speed, causing my Nokia to fly towards the ceiling at about 120mph, it's enthusiastic bid for freedom only stopped by the presence of my forehead.

Which leads me to wonder if said object might have been in your pants - and if so, why?

Sudocrem is the cyclists' friend. I used to get through industrial quantities when riding long distance events, stored in photographic film canisters. The expression of ecstasy as you rub a handful into your lycra after a hundred miles of bad road sets curtains twitching.

Back